What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Finished up Deaths 🚪 - won't be doing any of the post game stuff but had a really good time with the main game. Final boss was pretty fun and I appreciated the one checkpoint they give you there. Overall super solid package. Finding secrets was extremely satisfying.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Deaths 🚪 - won't be doing any of the post game stuff but had a really good time with the main game. Final boss was pretty fun and I appreciated the one checkpoint they give you there. Overall super solid package. Finding secrets was extremely satisfying.

May want to look up the "secret ending" since it gives some more context to the story if you aren't going to play for it yourself. There is a few neat character things that go on in the post game stuff, as well as an additional boss that may be fun to watch to know about.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
It's really damn good.

I laughed my ass off when they played the same jingle of your death to death's appearance but also his whole story and the following boss battle with The Grey Crow is superbly done.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If I may have a moment of your time.

I know GiantBomb's Best Music category is like the worst thing they do every year, but that's why you should vote in ERA's Best Game Soundtrack thread and strike a blow for good taste.

www.resetera.com

ResetEra Game Soundtracks of the Year 2021 - Voting Thread (READ OP)[Voting Ends Jan. 31]

Introduction Welcome to ResetEra's fifth annual video game soundtracks of the year thread! This thread will serve to create a common point of reference for ResetEra's favorite game soundtracks in 2021, place a spotlight on the industry's musical talent and expose people to great video game...

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
May want to look up the "secret ending" since it gives some more context to the story if you aren't going to play for it yourself. There is a few neat character things that go on in the post game stuff, as well as an additional boss that may be fun to watch to know about.
Yah I'll definitely check out some videos. I got one ancient tablet and saw online you need to collect 7 of them and I'm ready to move on to a new game. I already did a fair bit of backtracking before the final boss to mop up any health upgrades etc. Having to go through all those areas again without a significant mobility upgrade to speed that process up? Ehh I'm good.

May 5, 2018
If I may have a moment of your time.

I know GiantBomb's Best Music category is like the worst thing they do every year, but that's why you should vote in ERA's Best Game Soundtrack thread and strike a blow for good taste.

www.resetera.com

ResetEra Game Soundtracks of the Year 2021 - Voting Thread (READ OP)[Voting Ends Jan. 31]

Introduction Welcome to ResetEra's fifth annual video game soundtracks of the year thread! This thread will serve to create a common point of reference for ResetEra's favorite game soundtracks in 2021, place a spotlight on the industry's musical talent and expose people to great video game...
I definitely plan on voting sometime today. Although my vote for what's gonna be the number 1 OST will definitely line up with Giant Bomb's.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
NFS Heat confirms for me that EA should just excise the street racing stories from these games entirely. It's not really a fun way to start a racing game when cops are discussing whether to murder a racer kid whose car just went off the pier into the ocean. It might be realistic, but it's not fun. And the rest of the story so far is just boring.

The Hot Pursuit approach of just having cars and not people is preferable, and the game itself is miles better. If I hadn't just played the remaster on PS4 in late 2020 I would have played it again now on Game Pass. But I thought I'd give Heat a chance since I'd never played it before.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
NFS Heat confirms for me that EA should just excise the street racing stories from these games entirely. It's not really a fun way to start a racing game when cops are discussing whether to murder a racer kid whose car just went off the pier into the ocean. It might be realistic, but it's not fun. And the rest of the story so far is just boring.

The Hot Pursuit approach of just having cars and not people is preferable, and the game itself is miles better. If I hadn't just played the remaster on PS4 in late 2020 I would have played it again now on Game Pass. But I thought I'd give Heat a chance since I'd never played it before.
This is the mind boggling thing to me. They made the Hot Pursuit reboot/remake, arguably the best arcade racing game since the Burnout games and then they just took a swerve to go back to the Most Wanted route. Immediately made me not want to check out the rest of the games even though I kind of liked that dumb NFS reboot.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the mind boggling thing to me. They made the Hot Pursuit reboot/remake, arguably the best arcade racing game since the Burnout games and then they just took a swerve to go back to the Most Wanted route. Immediately made me not want to check out the rest of the games even though I kind of liked that dumb NFS reboot.

Was Hot Pursuit just good because it happened to be Criterion, did they ever lead development on any of the subsequent NFS?

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
The secret best recent NFS game is Rivals. Final race that takes you through the entire landmass, up mountains and down through the forests and desert - amazing.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Was Hot Pursuit just good because it happened to be Criterion, did they ever lead development on any of the subsequent NFS?
I think it's because of Criterion because it had the DNA of Burnout all over that game. From the sense of speed to the complimentary soundtrack. Just great stuff all around.

www.youtube.com

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit | Slide Show - 2:34.64 | Time Trial

Car Used: Lamborghini Sesto ElementoMusic Soundtrack: Klaxons - EchoesConsole: PS3

It was announced I think in 2020 that they will be working on a new NFS game but nothing came out of it so far.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Alright I made it through 1 and 2 of the goty cast and gladly take everything back i said about being skeptical regarding Jess. She's a fantastic addition in there and comparable to Jeff in terms of founded opinions and motivation to talk. A really great showing from her side.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Just wish that movie would come out already so we can confirm how bad it is. Looks horrendous.

1 gift from mnz

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 2752!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 2752 said:
Thank you @derFeef but I can't win two giveaways in a day, so I'm giving it away again!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Mafia: Definitive Edition - Won by Joeku Joeku (13 entries)

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
edit: damn lol

it's been cool going through the goty stuff. Jan taking the overall straps off for Guardians was great.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to watch a few episodes of Boba Fett

I mean, it's not Succession or Ozark, but it seems solid so far. I don't get the negative response at all.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first episode of Boba Fett and idk, just not feeling it at all.

Ended up starting The Expanse instead of continuing it and that show is pretty great.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
The one good thing about Boba Fett is literally episode 5. For me what completely doesn't work is they took this scumbag character and have now turned him into the crime-lord with a heart of gold. I stopped watching it after episode 2 and then watched Episode 5 which was instantly a lot better so hopefully that will continue to elevate the rest of the season.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Finished The Artful Escape and it's...alright. Sort of one note in that the entire game is like the ending of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey mixed with some soul searching. Worth experiencing for the audio/visual experience at least once even though I felt it was too long in the tooth for what it was trying to do. Not Bob Dylan is alright.

FKMy2tzXsAAXzvY

FKMy2t0XoA0hcDO

Also finished Lego Builder's Journey and wow. Way better than I expected it to be. While it starts off making you think that it's going for something very specific, it's actually much more than that. Minimalist, tightly designed and smart with a lot of reverence for building your own path through the lens of a coming of age story. Loved it. I will say though that playing on the controller felt less than ideal especially in the later parts of the game. I can imagine on Switch it would be perfect but you will sacrifice a lot of the visuals so PC is probably the best way to experience the game. It's by no means bad on Series X, it's just that it was enough to make me notice that the controller is somewhat of a detriment.

The hard cut at the end is EXTREMELY good. This could have been just a pretty tech demo but they really went above and beyond with it. It really tells two stories, one that is a coming of age story with the kid and the second is with yourself and Legos. It reminded me why I love Legos, not in the way of getting expensive licensed products in the form of Lego but in how sometimes you just want to build and connect something cohesive that speaks to you in that moment when you open that box full of Lego bricks.

Superb soundtrack too though don't go reading the OST titles because you'll be spoiled on story beats (unless you don't care).

www.youtube.com

Builder's Journey

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupBuilder's Journey · Henrik LindstrandBuilder's Journey℗ 2020 One Little Independent RecordsReleased on: 2020-02-0...

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ Good stuff DM!

The Lego game drew my eye. I could have sworn it was on Game Pass, but nope

Third episode down on Boba Jeff. Still pretty decent, though that 4 MPH motorcycle chase was CW-tier

Despite growing up on the series, I have no real expectations for how Boba, Luke, Han, or any SW should behave, so I'm happy to go into this show and view it on its own merits.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Lego doesn't have ray tracing on xbox right?

The list of games I am holding off playing due to wanting to experience them with ray tracing is growing (mostly Control, Metro, Teardown, and Lego)... sigh... And I don't want to pony up for a prebuilt to get the 3080

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Lego doesn't have ray tracing on xbox right?

The list of games I am holding off playing due to wanting to experience them with ray tracing is growing (mostly Control, Metro, Teardown, and Lego)... sigh... And I don't want to pony up for a prebuilt to get the 3080
I do not think it does but it looks extremely close to the PC version if not identical just without the ray tracing stuff.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Artful Escape is definitely underwhelming with how much it's just that from start to finish. Neither the gameplay nor the story evolve in major ways. It was OK but dragged on towards the end because of the simplistic gameplay mechanics although some of the lategame tripped out acid-dream sequences were pretty to look at. I'm not a casual drug user but I imagine if you were to indulge in some light chemical-therapy and have a friend play this it would be a real "trip"

Sep 12, 2018
I watched The Long Goodbye last night and clearly the problem with the Cowboy Bebop Netflix remake is that they didn't cast 1970s Elliott Gould as Spike

closeup-of-actor-elliott-gould-from-the-movie-the-long-news-photo-1624554976.jpg

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to get back into Warzone but most games I play suffer from terrible lag. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to fix it, either.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
People bag on the Voicemails, but the questions asked questions during Grubbsnax are 100 times worse (although there _are_ good questions that come through).