What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

KISS OF DEATH

FN5lex9XIAI4psv.jpg

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Demon's Souls (2009)

GD6hbDz.png

You know when you pay for something and yet you still feel like you stole it? That's how I feel with the Cuphead DLC. I finished it and even though it is just a few hours of content (depending on skill level). It is filled to the brim with amazing craftsmanship and charming creativity. I still feel like I should have payed more than 8$. It's not only a great compliment to the base game but it actually adds onto it in the form of Ms. Chalice and the other weapons/items you get through this DLC. It's a top 10 of the year experience packed into a DLC. Still challenging as fuck though so beware.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6-6hVZ5HE

The soundtrack is also pure joy.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Demon's Souls (2009)

GD6hbDz.png

You know when you pay for something and yet you still feel like you stole it? That's how I feel with the Cuphead DLC. I finished it and even though it is just a few hours of content (depending on skill level). It is filled to the brim with amazing craftsmanship and charming creativity. I still feel like I should have payed more than 8$. It's not only a great compliment to the base game but it actually adds onto it in the form of Ms. Chalice and the other weapons/items you get through this DLC. It's a top 10 of the year experience packed into a DLC. Still challenging as fuck though so beware.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6-6hVZ5HE

If you feel like you owe them more money then please, feel free to gift me the game AND DLC on Steam as a way of supporting the devs!

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
I faintly remember Austin doing on of the New Year's RP podcasts with the Beastcast crew where they played Gloomhaven.
Anybody know what episode that is? Or am I misremembering?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I faintly remember Austin doing on of the New Year's RP podcasts with the Beastcast crew where they played Gloomhaven.
Anybody know what episode that is? Or am I misremembering?
I don't think they ever did Gloomhaven, they did Fiasco, Apocalypse World and Lasers and Feelings. Am I forgetting any?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Reading replies to this and it's so weird how the fan line on this movie is "there's too much comedy" and not that the comedy in it completely sucks shit, The Batman got more genuine earned laughs out of my audience.
Yeah I want as much comedy in those movies as you'll give me.

It just needs to be good comedy.

Not whatever that stuff in thor 4 was.

I still don't know what to make of that grenade thing.

Just like how I say there's too much punching in these dumb things and some people seem to think that means I hate action. No! I love action! It just needs to be good action! Which marvel has almost never given me.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Better question is..

Who is this Christina character in West World Season 4? Is she another Delores clone!? The mystery box opens once more!

Edit: Death Metalist alright alright.. you called my bluff.. I don't think I would really enjoy the game (looks spectacular but the gameplay is very much not my bag) but hey if you do feel charitable maybe make it a giveaway?

2 gifts from Death Metalist

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Death Metalist Death Metalist!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: 20$ Steam US Giftcard - Won by KujoJosuke KujoJosuke (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: 20$ Steam US Giftcard - Won by pirata pirata (8 entries)

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Listen I know you guys will think I'm trying to trick you, but I think this new season of Westworld is really good so far.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Is it worth having to watch the third season?
I can't say if it's worth it only three episodes in but it picks up very much directly after Season 3 so thats required viewing. You could almost not watch the first two seasons and be okay although Season 4 does have some nice call backs to those as well.

I think the best part of Season 4 so far is that in each of the episodes something happens. Recently the showrunner behind the Boys made the very valid criticism of streaming shows that they make you wait for 8 episodes until something noteworthy happens. I agree and this is even worse when nothing happens for the entire season and then it ends on a big cliff hanger only for the show to not get renewed because 9 episodes of buildup isn't always received very well.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Listen I know you guys will think I'm trying to trick you, but I think this new season of Westworld is really good so far.
Are there any signs that the show is any close to wrapping up? I'm the kind to wait till they finish a show completely before jumping in. Then again, I do not think it will come close to the film (from what it looks like only S1 is about the west).

tumblr_paujtfgbce1x6m6njo1_500.gif

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 6 is, at times, a very nice looking game. It's sharp as hell on the series X.
FC6 is quite all right

The only real downside are the more annoying than usual characters, but aside from that, the visuals are are gorgeous and the combat is enjoyable

The big advantage that FC has other open world games is getting from Point A to B is so quick thanks to the travels options

Compare this to recent genre entries like Horizon or GoT where it takes fucking forever to hit the next way point

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any signs that the show is any close to wrapping up? I'm the kind to wait till they finish a show completely before jumping in. Then again, I do not think it will come close to the film (from what it looks like only S1 is about the west).

Film is awesome. I think I watched it last year on Criterion for the first time, and was really surprised I hadn't heard much about it before.

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How difficult is the Cuphead dlc compared to the base game?

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

Don't know. Right now, the plot seems to be Charlotte Hale (Tessa Thompson), one of the robots, and William/Man in Black (also now a robot, I think?) are trying to subjugate humanity. Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) and Maive (Thandiwe Newton), also robots, seem to be more compassionate towards humanity. I have no clue what's up with Dolores this season. She now lives as a game designer or something. I don't know if she realizes she's not human. Or maybe it's the past and she's a human that Delores was based off of? I kind of liked that in Season 1, not knowing if you were in the past or the present at any given time.

Also, it's tough to keep up with things when they take a two-year break every season. Season 1 was in 2016. Season 2 was in 2018. Season 3 was in 2020. Season 4 is in 2022.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
How difficult is the Cuphead dlc compared to the base game?
The base game is way harder but that's only because the amount of bosses you fight in the main game are more than a dozen. That and well, Ms. Chalice clearly is made to mitigate some of the difficulty (you could play as her alongside all the new items + weapons in the base game). She dashes to parry, she has invisibility frames when crouching and rolling, she can double jump & she starts with 4HP instead of 3HP. It still doesn't mean that the game is made easy because of her, not at all. Most of the skill still resides in how you react and memorization much like the base game. I would only recommend the DLC if you were at least able to beat all of the bosses of the 1st island of the base game and you were enjoying yourself.

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The base game is way harder but that's only because the amount of bosses you fight in the main game are more than a dozen. That and well, Ms. Chalice clearly is made to mitigate some of the difficulty (you could play as her alongside all the new items + weapons in the base game). She dashes to parry, she has invisibility frames when crouching and rolling, she can double jump & she starts with 4HP instead of 3HP. It still doesn't mean that the game is made easy because of her, not at all. Most of the skill still resides in how you react and memorization much like the base game. I would only recommend the DLC if you were at least able to beat all of the bosses of the 1st island at least of the base game and you were enjoying yourself.

Cool, I enjoyed Cuphead for the most part but I found the last few bosses of the game more frustrating than I would like. This sounds like it would be up my alley. Thanks.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Cool, I enjoyed Cuphead for the most part but I found the last few bosses of the game more frustrating than I would like. This sounds like it would be up my alley. Thanks.
It definitely got ridiculous around the end game of Cuphead but I enjoyed myself (I've died a total of 526 times in the base game lol). The only thing I do not know is if you could beat the DLC on simple mode or not because I know that is not possible in the base game (it could be possible in the DLC though so that's another thing to keep in mind).

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I had not booted up Cuphead since 2018, thinking it was too hard (was on world 3). Went back recently and actually beat the remaining bosses with relatively few tries. Perhaps I'm in a much less stressed mindset. However! On easy mode, and I have no desire to do every boss over on normal, so good bye ending, I'll just watch on youtube/twitch.

Abby and Ben have been streaming Cuphead and DLC weekly, and the DLC while neat feels like hell, so I'm happy to just watch and cheer (for everyone playing, yes including you!) from the sidelines.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The base game is way harder but that's only because the amount of bosses you fight in the main game are more than a dozen. That and well, Ms. Chalice clearly is made to mitigate some of the difficulty (you could play as her alongside all the new items + weapons in the base game). She dashes to parry, she has invisibility frames when crouching and rolling, she can double jump & she starts with 4HP instead of 3HP. It still doesn't mean that the game is made easy because of her, not at all. Most of the skill still resides in how you react and memorization much like the base game. I would only recommend the DLC if you were at least able to beat all of the bosses of the 1st island of the base game and you were enjoying yourself.
Need to try it, bought the dlc than played Nonary Games and forgot about it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any screen tearing on the series x? There was quite a bit of screen tearing when I played on PS5.
Not that I've noticed. The only negatives I've noticed, so far, are some rare frame rate drops. And I'm not sure is this is a artistic choice or not but when you use your phone camera to scout, the image quality drops to what looks like 1080p. It's weird.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019

Very doubtful but I kinda heard after Season 3 they were close to cancelling the show so maybe that has curbed their ambitions for a 6 season run. Like every season of Westworld they have managed to introduce 5 new mystery boxes in the first three episodes.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For everyone thinking about it, play cuphead and the dlc! It's a wonderful example of 'just one more go' type game. I'm not good at games and I've finished both the base game and dlc. It's hard but doable. I have not played the base games in a while, now and because I'm so in the zone on that game I bet I could beat them easily.

But for those wondering, you can not beat the dlc by playing on simple. You need to play on regular, which then unlocks expert.

But if you do get stuck on a boss fight, they've added a 'cheat' that will give you 9 lives. I think you can use this 3 times.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Also if anyone has finished Cuphead and is in the mood for a boss rush style of game that requires quick reflexes and pattern recognition then you should check out FURI. Very different aesthetic but similar concept. I couldn't hang with it because I just don't enjoy banging my head against bosses that way but people who do vibe with that style of gameplay seemed to really enjoy it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Also if anyone has finished Cuphead and is in the mood for a boss rush style of game that requires quick reflexes and pattern recognition then you should check out FURI. Very different aesthetic but similar concept. I couldn't hang with it because I just don't enjoy banging my head against bosses that way but people who do vibe with that style of gameplay seemed to really enjoy it.
Played Furi on launch on Plus, it was such an example on how framerate can ruin a game. Very good title anyway.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
So I recently got Metro Exodus on the current sale on Xbox for $7.50. Uhh, GREAT game so far, how did I miss this for so long? Just got into what seems to be the "open world" although theres more than one map from what I can tell. Looks amazing, satisfying gunplay and stealth. Story is nothing special but its fine. Ive played the previous 2 games but only finished Last Light and barely remember it, but remember liking it.

Also hyped for Live a Live this week.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Played Furi on launch on Plus, it was such an example on how framerate can ruin a game. Very good title anyway.

i played furi to completeion twice on the base ps4 when it launched on ps plus, once on the standard difficulty and once on hard mode. i don't remember the framerate affecting my experience at all, but i've never been the most sensitive when it comes to that sort of thing.

i beat it again very recently but on the native ps5 version that was released some months back. framerate seemed rock solid to me!

also yeah it's a fantastic game that i recommend to anyone who enjoys stylish action with a little bullet hell to mix things up. it also has an outstanding soundtrack that still goes hard to this day.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
"As Dusk Falls' interactive crime drama is a masterwork of branching storytelling where decisions matter and repeated playthroughs are rewarded with even more revelations." Nice. I know people have not responded well to how the game looks, but give me a branching narrative game! It is all i want! Decisions matter!

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
"As Dusk Falls' interactive crime drama is a masterwork of branching storytelling where decisions matter and repeated playthroughs are rewarded with even more revelations." Nice. I know people have not responded well to how the game looks, but give me a branching narrative game! It is all i want! Decisions matter!

Looking forward to this game, and I just looked it up on gamepass....and it's a 70gb install??!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Furi was the game that showed me that I'm getting too old to play some games. Still powered through it but I could feel the limits of my reaction time and had to rely way more on pattern recognition and repetition than I would have liked. Then I got to a boss that felt like it was speaking directly to my experience;

Excellence is not an art, it's pure habit. We are what we repeatedly do.