What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I don't see any resemblance beyond them both being chubby white dudes.

"Kevin Can Fuck Himself" actor Eric Peterson is still much more of a lock - even hair aside - IMO:

MV5-BMTg5-Mj-Q1-NDkz-N15-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-Ft-ZTgw-NTQy-ODM5-NDE-V1.jpg

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Fallen Order cause its like $12, and fuck this game is sloppy. Every animation feels so off, especially during combat. Enemies either magnetize to your attacks or awkwardly slide away from them, unless you parry and counter. The slide platforming sections make me want to die.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Fallen Order cause its like $12, and fuck this game is sloppy. Every animation feels so off, especially during combat. Enemies either magnetize to your attacks or awkwardly slide away from them, unless you parry and counter. The slide platforming sections make me want to die.
I played that game on Xbox One S. Its performance was awful. I enjoyed it despite this.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Finally finished Halo Infinite - boy that campaign sure was a whole lot of nothing. That final boss fight was also kind of annoying until I realized you can take the shields down with a single plasma grenade - hats off to you folks playing on Legendary it took me several tries on just Normal.

Overall no idea how this game got such high scores. Yah the shooty shooty is good for the most part but man is everything else just so painfully middling.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I'm playing Mafia 1 Definitive edition. It sucks that it runs at 30fps even on the PS5, but as someone who never played it originally I think the voice acting, dialogue, and story is pretty well done. I even like that it goes mission to mission and isn't structured like a conventional open world game where I have to drive to icons on the map to trigger the next mission.

I've played Mafia 2 and 3, and this one seems the strongest to me so far in terms of narrative.

That being said, I hate how heavy it feels - gives me some serious RDR2 vibes. Aiming and shootouts in general aren't a ton of fun in this game as a result.

Finally finished Halo Infinite - boy that campaign sure was a whole lot of nothing. That final boss fight was also kind of annoying until I realized you can take the shields down with a single plasma grenade - hats off to you folks playing on Legendary it took me several tries on just Normal.

Overall no idea how this game got such high scores. Yah the shooty shooty is good for the most part but man is everything else just so painfully middling.

I've been playing it off and on. I enjoy it, but it's also one of those games I have no compulsion to play with any regularity because it already feels a bit same-y at this point. As far as Halo games go, I do think it's one of the best I've played. Of course, the caveat with that is that I'm not an especially big Halo fan - I mostly just like Halo 1 for nostalgic/emotional reasons and ODST because I love the more melancholy atmosphere of that game.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Addleburg I played Mafia 1 when it originally came out too many years ago to think about and it was one of those awesome experiences where it started out kind of rough but the more I played the better it got. I was really surprised by how much the story and world evolves. When you first start out with the wonky cab chase sequence (well in the original it felt wonky) all those cars handle so poorly and drive so slowly. As the years go by and you move up on the food chain you start seeing newer, sleeker car models, I really liked that because it felt like time was actually passing. The story is also really good with a great ending in my opinion. I should really play that remaster one day because I have such fond memories of the original and I saw they put in some serious work on the updated version.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
BLITZMAS 2021 GOTY
3600.jpg

Psychonauts 2 is the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, the concept of seeing peoples minds as playgrounds to explore, helping them with their problems, sort out their emotional baggage and conquer their demons always appealed to me.

Tim Schafer and Double Fine coming back with one of the greatest sequels in franchise history. Raz is back and with him comes a cast of colorful characters and a conspiracy to discover and ultimately correct.

The vast variety of concepts and locations keep the game fresh, the open world areas are fun to explore and full of collectibles including a full on scavenger hunt. The writing is sharp, witty, and downright wholesome. Jack Black steals the show with a kickass original song. This game is like a warm blanket and a hug, it's comfort viewing.

Psychonauts 2 is your 2021 Blitzmas GOTY. I got the platinum trophy, got every figment imaginable, did everything asked of me and loved every minute of it.

Honorable mentions
BioMutant
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

The real GOTY was finding love with my partner Nicole. We've had a whirlwind romance. I love her more than all the stars in the galaxy, I truly for once in my life feel happy and loving someone really opens your eyes to how much you can truly and deeply care about someone.

Merry Blitzmas GBEra friends

With❤️ your friend Blitz
Excellent choice. Merry Blitzmas to all!

Yeah, I don't know if I will finish this one, I've already kinda fallen off of it. I'm usually pretty compulsive at doing everything when it comes to open world games, but I have no desire to do the checklist in this game. The world is just so boring.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The side -missions and all that are entertaining, but I have no desire to push through the campaign because every cutscene so far is junk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
BLITZMAS 2021 GOTY
3600.jpg

Psychonauts 2 is the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, the concept of seeing peoples minds as playgrounds to explore, helping them with their problems, sort out their emotional baggage and conquer their demons always appealed to me.

Tim Schafer and Double Fine coming back with one of the greatest sequels in franchise history. Raz is back and with him comes a cast of colorful characters and a conspiracy to discover and ultimately correct.

The vast variety of concepts and locations keep the game fresh, the open world areas are fun to explore and full of collectibles including a full on scavenger hunt. The writing is sharp, witty, and downright wholesome. Jack Black steals the show with a kickass original song. This game is like a warm blanket and a hug, it's comfort viewing.

Psychonauts 2 is your 2021 Blitzmas GOTY. I got the platinum trophy, got every figment imaginable, did everything asked of me and loved every minute of it.

Honorable mentions
BioMutant
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

The real GOTY was finding love with my partner Nicole. We've had a whirlwind romance. I love her more than all the stars in the galaxy, I truly for once in my life feel happy and loving someone really opens your eyes to how much you can truly and deeply care about someone.

Merry Blitzmas GBEra friends

With❤️ your friend Blitz

<3. Always great hearing form you every now and then.

I'm playing Mafia 1 Definitive edition. It sucks that it runs at 30fps even on the PS5, but as someone who never played it originally I think the voice acting, dialogue, and story is pretty well done. I even like that it goes mission to mission and isn't structured like a conventional open world game where I have to drive to icons on the map to trigger the next mission.

I've played Mafia 2 and 3, and this one seems the strongest to me so far in terms of narrative.
It's very well done overall when it comes to a remake for a beloved game. I very much enjoyed my time with it from beginning to end.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Fallen Order quite a bit personally, but I can see how people could bounce off it. (They never quite got it running well on PS4 if I remember right. It has also that odd aspect of it where you get that one final teammate, and she's far and away the most interesting character in the game, and then the game just ends. Just straight up feels like it was missing an additional level.)

Also think about how when it was first revealed people said the main character looked like he was a base template for an action adventure game, and the main character was modeled off an actual actor, Cameron Monaghan, who seems like a pretty nice guy. Doesn't deserve to be called a base template.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, I don't know if I will finish this one, I've already kinda fallen off of it. I'm usually pretty compulsive at doing everything when it comes to open world games, but I have no desire to do the checklist in this game. The world is just so boring.
Well let me tell you that once you get to the latter half of the campaign you will be locked into several missions that have you clearing identical looking hallways and square rooms against the exact same enemies you've been facing off against since the beginning of the game. It's quite mind numbing.

I watched DONT LOOK UP and man that movie is a little too real. Another great, albeit horribly depressing, McKay production.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Addleburg I played Mafia 1 when it originally came out too many years ago to think about and it was one of those awesome experiences where it started out kind of rough but the more I played the better it got. I was really surprised by how much the story and world evolves. When you first start out with the wonky cab chase sequence (well in the original it felt wonky) all those cars handle so poorly and drive so slowly. As the years go by and you move up on the food chain you start seeing newer, sleeker car models, I really liked that because it felt like time was actually passing. The story is also really good with a great ending in my opinion. I should really play that remaster one day because I have such fond memories of the original and I saw they put in some serious work on the updated version.

Yeah, even not having played the original I can tell they put a lot of time and polish into this one. During one of the cutscenes yesterday, I was thinking, "This game must be mindblowing to those who played the original back when it came out." As far as open world crime games, GTA 3 was my bag, and... well... let's just say I wish they did what Mafia did. Not that its story is comparable in terms of nuance or characterization.

Re: the cars, it's funny because I can access a car that I think is from Mafia 3 in it (I'm guessing it recognized my Mafia 3 save?). The thing flies since it's like a muscle car from the late 60s, haha.

It's very well done overall when it comes to a remake for a beloved game. I very much enjoyed my time with it from beginning to end.

Yeah, I'm really digging it even in spite of its "heavy" feeling. Although I played Mafia 2 back on the PS3 and Mafia 3 on the PS4 and generally enjoyed both, this is the first one that's really impressed me for the most part with its narrative.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I am shocked that only two out of the six games in Halo MCC have in game subtitles. It's the most basic accessibility option, and they never bothered to put them in anything but Halo CE and 4. It's particularly noticeable in Reach which has constant chatter from your fellow Spartans that is mostly impossible to hear over the music and sound of battle.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Wild how they went from a solid combat system in Mafia 3 to a mediocre one for the Mafia 1 remake. Even Mafia 2 had better gunplay than Mafia 1 remake imo.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I do feel compelled to say Fallen Order had actual platforming in it, where your actual human input mattered, unlike in say an Uncharted game where your input could best be described as a vision test to see if you can make out whether or not Nathan's arm was reaching out.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I like Star Wars a lot so I liked the vibes and world of Fallen Order but a lot of it was rough. I remember the sliding sections were a particular nightmare.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
merry blitzmas

I try to keep in touch with sonic but he never writes me letters back :(

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I started playing a Christmas game Bayonetta and let me tell you guys, Bayonetta is really good. Bayonetta 2 is the TRUE Christmas game but I don't have a Switch.

3 gifts from Death Metalist

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Death Metalist Death Metalist!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Death Metalist said:
I've been doing this as a tradition around this time for years. Why stop now?

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Playstation Gift Card 25$ - Won by SP. (6 entries)
  • Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Xbox Gift Card 25$ (US) - Won by Joeku Joeku (9 entries)
  • Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): Nintendo eShop Gift Card 20$ - Won by BUNTING1243 BUNTING1243 (2 entries)