• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Been grinding away at the optional Kara fight and I feel like it's such a well constructed fight in some ways, and others it really exposes some of the limitations of the combat system. It really feels like it wasn't designed to handle this many enemies on such a small stage, and the tightness of the camera will sometimes block visibility to counter cues of Kara's aerial attacks. It is also super frustrating to manage crowd control while also focusing on one really fast target that can kill you in one or two hits, especially since the lock-on isn't very good.

Last edited:

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When brog and his brother infuse weapon with dwarven magic or something, what does it mean?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Is this a bug?

Sometimes my HUD just won't go away, even thought there's no enemy near by...I think it happens when you play around with the combat too much (aka combo practice).

Pretty annoying if you ask me, it was so nice before, so immersive and yet intuitive at the same time.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Love that certainly parts of the game remind me hugely of Demon's Souls and others (one in particular) remind me of Curse of Monkey Island. Two of my favorites right there. Still, the map UI is AWFUL. It is so annoying to try to figure out a route to certain places. Other than that the game is gorgeous and fun.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Could someone attest to how this game runs on the original PS4? All impressions I've seen are about the Pro version.
I've played for upwards of 30 hours now, and I've only just recently encountered some framerate dips and minimal ones at that. Runs very smooth otherwise. Looks absolutely stunning too. I find myself staring at rocks so often, no kidding.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with the game. Only thing left is Valkyrie Queen and last 2 story quests. While I'm looking forward to the story stuff, not so much the Valkyrie. Of course she's purple, so the fight is needlessly tedious and of course my other options to beef my self up are the equally tedious Nifelheim and Trials. I've liked this game a lot, but it has some really annoying shit.

I had the opposite problem i level up so much with gear than ever on GMaC the Valkyries life became blue but the queen lol.
A lot of the post game content became to easy .

Lovely Salsa

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
How in the hell do you beat queen valkarye? I can get her to 1/3 of the health and thats it

I pitty the fool who plays her on hard

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Could someone attest to how this game runs on the original PS4? All impressions I've seen are about the Pro version.

It's running at locked 30fps most of time on base PS4 and PS4 Pro in 4K mode. There are dips sometimes, but just a couple of frames at a time. Nothing distracting. The outcry over bad performance after the game released was way overblown. (Or the patches fixed it?)
PS4 Pro performance mode is however very juddery, constantly fluctuating between 45-60 fps. Not my cup of tea...

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
oTXCkrR.gif

PerilousInJ

Oct 25, 2017
What else is there to do in the Lake of Nine area other than the 4 spirit things? I've done the side quest for Brok with the ring, but a bunch of other places seem like I can't really do anything until later in the game I presume. Some places I docked literally only had that immediate area with seemingly no way to advance.

Did you do the quest involving the Thor statue?

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Level 8

Are you going to help me?

advice below

Walk into the fight with max rage and best resurrection stone.
Stack Cooldown stat.
Have Atrius use wolf summon with shock (make sure this is fully upgraded and your weapon cd's are as well).

At start of fight catch her in any animation and hit her with one of your weapon CD's
Repeat til no weapon CD's remain.

Enter Spartan Rage to beat on her.

Release atrius wolves on cooldown or whenever you need a breather to pick up health.

as weapon cd's come up repeat.

If you die resurrect and immediately Spartan Rage.

If all else fails turn game down to easy.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I miss the last niflheim cypher and i have no idea where to look and which one I did before....

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
How do you make games look so good? Every dev should call you to help with the post proccessing.

Yup. He's very talented at postprocessing and just capturing great moments in general. You can see his compared to mine and there is quite a bit of difference lol

5sZtkGs.gif

He's slowed down the time, increased the level of exposure and probably reduced the gamma a tad. Now that I think of it, I wish mine was slowed down! Always improving I guess. :P

I can only imagine the gifs that he's got for parts he can't/doesn't want to show yet for spoilery reasons. There's a reason they call him the Legend haha

nss

Apr 10, 2018
The review thread is gone, I'm sure this has already been talked about, but the EDGE review came in with an 8. God of War managed to hold onto the 95 meta (just barely).

Finally finished the game. I can't believe how much there is in this game, I definitely think there are things they could improve upon, but at the end of the day this was one of my favourite gaming experiences of all time. Bravo corybarlog and the rest of the fantastic crew at SSM!

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
The game has outsold the $50 Psn card on the 2018 best sellers on Amazon which is insane because nothing out sell those. And now it's back to being sold out there.
The review thread is gone, I'm sure this has already been talked about, but the EDGE review came in with an 8. God of War managed to hold onto the 95 meta (just barely).
It seems it went back up to 95 on opencritic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.