Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I've been watching Master of None, and albeit I haven't finished it yet, I quite like the dynamic between Dev and Rachel as an inter racial couple. Then it hit me that such a thing is not that common in media as far as I know, and is something that I'd like to see more represented, seeing that I'm part of a inter ratial relationship myself.
On top of my had I can think of that time Larry David had a thing with Loretta Black, but I'm not sure that's a good example.

So, what other examples can you think of?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The couple from The Big Sick was nice

The couple from Guess Whose Coming To Dinner is obviously iconic

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Barry and Iris from The Flash

eyzxew54np1rp40p3rv7.jpg

Rick and Michonne from The Walking Dead

22-rick-michonne.w600.h315.2x.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more curious about a minority dude and a white lady. That seems especially rare, but I have no numbers to back it up so maybe I'm wrong.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
because I've been rewatching eps at random lately: that girl Kylie JD dates in s4 of Scrubs.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a DCTV show that doesn't have an interracial couple?

Supergirl I guess. I don't recall Arrow having any either, the only character that did is now single. Same for Supergirl, main character used to date James, a black man, but they're no longer together.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Jennifer Beals and Laurel Holloman in The L Wo..haha can't even finish this
Tasha and Alice in the same show

The main couple in Crazy/Beautiful ?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Rewatching a ton of TNG and DS9, so Keiko and Miles are what I thought of

449430-ds9_nice_place.jpg

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not only are they an interracial couple, but they also have a child and the man is disabled with long Kenny G hair.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl I guess. I don't recall Arrow having any either, the only character that did is now single. Same for Supergirl, main character used to date James, a black man, but they're no longer together.

Supergirl has had an interracial lesbian couple. Alex who is white and Maggie who is Latina

Edit - beaten sorry

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Did Diggle and Lyla get divorced?? I am an episode or so behind

Supergirl and James dated, but so did Alex and Maggie until just recently.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Diggle and Lyla get divorced?? I am an episode or so behind

Lmao I totally forgot about them, she barely shows up these days. Though that's no excuse, they have a kid, and I actually did her like 2 weeks or so ago.

Also my bad for working under the assumption that said couples had to be currently together lol

I've only read the comics, but they're a couple in the show?!

Yup

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been a bunch of them in Star Wars ever since the canon reboot.

Ciena and Thane, Snap and Kare, Luke and Nakari, Leia and Kier, Zare and Merei, Han and Sana (... Sort of), Aphra and Sana (...sort of), increasingly looking like Aphra and Tolvan, etc.

Total guess and not a spoiler but I'd imagine Finn and Rose will be too.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that every couple on tv these days? Not really feeling it. What happened to black love?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for bringing up The Secret Saturdays. I remember watching the show back in the day thinking about how cool it was to see an interracial couple in a cartoon. Seeing a black kid protagonist on TV was also cool as fuck. The late 00s was a unique time for cartoons. So many good action cartoons came out!

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

For Arrow's interracial couples -

Diggle and Lyla - still together with a kid
Oliver and McKenna - broken up
Wild Dog and his wife - wife is dead
Sara and Nyssa - broken up
Nyssa and Oliver - technically married
Curtis and Paul - Divorced
Moira and Walter - Moira is dead

And the actress who plays Dinah is multiracial ( her IMBD page states"Juliana Harkavy is an American actress of Dominican, Russian, African, Chinese, and Hungarian descent."), so depending on whether her background plays into her character or not, You could add Dinah and
Vigilante
to the list

but to add to the list:

maxresdefault.jpg