Oct 27, 2017
68d2b785942b18d53e26cfe9cb7c0bc5--buffy-the-vampire-slayer-giles.jpg

Giles and Olivia, from Buffy the vampire Slayer

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mindy Project had Mindy Kalig exclusively date a bunch of different white dudes. (Except for a single episode where she hooked up with a black man) She even had a kid with one of them.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
For Arrow's interracial couples -

Diggle and Lyla - still together with a kid
Oliver and McKenna - broken up
Wild Dog and his wife - wife is dead
Sara and Nyssa - broken up
Nyssa and Oliver - technically married
Curtis and Paul - Divorced
Moira and Walter - Moira is dead

And the actress who plays Dinah is multiracial ( her IMBD page states"Juliana Harkavy is an American actress of Dominican, Russian, African, Chinese, and Hungarian descent."), so depending on whether her background plays into her character or not, You could add Dinah and
Vigilante
to the list

but to add to the list:

maxresdefault.jpg

Spitfire! Holy crap I cant wait for Outsiders

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The yellow and white rangers in Power Rangers Ninja Steel, for sure. They play it straight and it's great.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It really was. My wife and I just finished it up for the second time last month and started The Fosters (multiple interracial couples) immediately after. The difference in quality felt like a smack in the face. My wife pretty much lives on crap and she refused to go past the third season.
Crap being fosters or parenthood?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Another I liked was Richard and Lily on The 4400
4400_Richard_Lily-387x261.jpg
This is a great pick and one that I never would've remembered. It certainly helped that this relationship was anchored by two excellent actors who elevated what normally could've been a fairly rote couple.

And man The 4400 was a cool little show.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Two questions:
1. When did they become a couple?
2. Does this relationship work?
Seeing Crazy Rick smiling is kinda weird lol.

1. Season 6. After they finally got Alexandria under control.
2. Quite well. They basically had the makings of a relationship for a long time, having a sort of family dynamic between the two and Carl, but without the intimacy. Until they realized their true feelings for one another all along. It was a pretty nice surprise.

I know they were never officially in a relationship but I'll still mention Jackie Brown and Max Cherry. They could have been though. They could have been. He let her get away though, the poor bastard.

Jackie-Brown-Max-Cherry.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This is a great pick and one that I never would've remembered. It certainly helped that this relationship was anchored by two excellent actors who elevated what normally could've been a fairly rote couple.

And man The 4400 was a cool little show.

Yeah it was pretty great but ended way too early. I occasionally watch it on Netflix. Actually, I enjoyed it so much I read the novels that were written after.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Not to go off topic to much, but what's an example of a bad interracial couple in media?
I would guess one where the couple is devalued in some way or treated differently because of the interracial angle. This must've happened at some point(I can't think of any but there was probably a time when interracial couples weren't show being as intimate as their counterparts) and maybe still does somewhere out there but I honestly can't think of the last time an interracial couple even stood out, there is probably at least one on every single show I watch.

edit: I know that during the 90s there were a slew of films with a black male lead and a white female lead whose relationship was not romantic basically because of the race angle.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Kids shows had and still do I guess, have the most. Hey Arnold, Captain Planet, Thor and Storm, heck Wolverine and Storm and what not. Particularly the ever rare African male x Asian female or vice versa.

300px-Rainofterror16.jpg

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
bscap0191.jpg

Guys! I know it's kind of special because of the nature of the episode, but the girls from San Junipero are up there!