Archer

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Keith David and Jennifer Connolly in 'Requiem for a Dream.'

21-david-requiemforadream.jpg

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
You don't think this is a spoiler? I do. Oh well.

Speaking of comics, I *DO NOT* approve of Rick and Michonne in the show. That's just gross, and completely contradictory of their characters.

But yes, TWD mixes and matches a lot.

I thougt about it and decided it wasn't an important spoiler... It's not current, and you kind of see it from a mile a way that they're gonna fall in love and the real spoilery thing is something else.
But still I think we should stop talking about it to avoid attracting attention to it, just in case someone is reading it haha ;)

And I agree about Rick and Michonne! That's one of the many reasons I stopped watching TWD...

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was a meant to be good examples of interracial couples, not just anytime two people of different skin colour were on screen together....

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Meave and Hector from Westworld, kinda I guess?

molly-parker-mahershala-ali-house-of-cards-season-2.jpg

Remy and Jackie in House of Cards.

downloadasset-3.jpg

Forgot the names but the couple from Black Mirror's San Junipero.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Are people bringing up inter-species couples from Sci-fi and comics doing so in jest? Cause otherwise, it's pretty tonedeaf honestly. It equates skin-pigment with the otherness of a completely different species.

on-topic: Brad and Jane from Happy Endings (show ended too soon!) is the one that I could think of right of the bat.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
It's early days, but I have hopes for how Stamets and Culber in Star Trek Discovery will be developed. Their relationship already feels more 'real' than most Star Trek relationships.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's interracial. In fact it's probably the only actual true example of an interracial relationship.

Interracial is definitely a term that should be phased out of mainstream use at some point.

Not to go off topic to much, but what's an example of a bad interracial couple in media?

zESCArj.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/film/sh...tone-whitest-asian-cameron-crowe-aloha-hawaii

Now for a "more serious" example, I would say any couple where being in different ethnic groups is the focus/the writers constantly remind you of their ethnicity as opposed to other couples that are in the same ethnic group within the same show/film. Especially when it gets to the point where their ethnic differences is the only thing that defines the couple. Examples of this include when one of the characters from Sex and the City dates a Black man which results in a fight in the club over the main character being White, to the Fresh Prince having an episode where a relative dates/marries a White man and Aunt Viv not wanting to go to the wedding and both shows discussing ethnicity issues they don't normally discuss. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing on it's own, but with so many film and TV shows doing this in past years/decades, it's become negative/a trope.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Remember the year when John Cho was a thing and he was interacial romances. Then both shows he was on got cancelled after one season and he's back to having no career again.
I was actually coming in here to post another example he had this year with Billy Eichner in Difficult People (but that also just recently got cancelled in its third season). He's now a main cast member in The Exorcist's second season, at least. Protect John Cho!

17-33-2055-855x570.jpg

Also, just to further gay things up, Connor and Oliver from HTGAWM, also an example of a serodiscordant couple in media:

sx0rZyCLTpHl.jpg

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually coming in here to post another example he had this year with Billy Eichner in Difficult People (but that also just recently got cancelled in its third season). He's now a main cast member in The Exorcist's second season, at least. Protect John Cho!

17-33-2055-855x570.jpg

Also, just to further gay things up, Connor and Oliver from HTGAWM, also an example of a serodiscordant couple in media:

sx0rZyCLTpHl.jpg
lol glad he's working again at least.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They keep playing with it but luke cage and jessica jones in the netflix defender-verse, its official in the comics and all but the show seems scared to do it, also clair and luke are in an actual healthy relationship and are friends with JJ, so it will just be awkward when it finally happens

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
They keep playing with it but luke cage and jessica jones in the netflix defender-verse, its official in the comics and all but the show seems scared to do it, also clair and luke are in an actual healthy relationship and are friends with JJ, so it will just be awkward when it finally happens
Because if they get together you'd only have 1 show instead of 2

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like its quite common in Netflix shows ive seen recently.

Archer
Kimmy Schimdt
The Mist
Chewing gum
Dirk Gentley
Dear White People
Crazyhead

Personal favorite is Jackie Brown.