• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we're going back to Halo 1-3 art style.

4-5's art style sucked. Bring back my good looking Elites!

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
I want the evolution of invasion ive been dreaming of, complete with both playable odsts and brutes with cannon fodder enemies in the background like grunts or marines, and full on power units like hunters or UNSC mech suits from halo wars which are player controlled and are obtainable through a system similar to Star Wars battlefront 2 EA. Maybe throw in hero units as well like Star Wars, like an arbiter, the master chief or anyone from blue team etc.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I want the evolution of invasion ive been dreaming of, complete with both playable odsts and brutes with cannon fodder enemies in the background like grunts or marines, and full on power units like hunters or UNSC mech suits from halo wars which are player controlled and are obtainable through a system similar to Star Wars battlefront 2 EA. Maybe throw in hero units as well like Star Wars, like an arbiter, the master chief or anyone from blue team etc.
That's an idea! Invasion with more factions and abilites/vehicles that make them unique. I'd love to see that.

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
One question I have: I saw the trailer just yesterday, and the most thrilling part was that broken Halo Ring. Is this THE halo at the games end from Halo 1 back in 2001?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
One question I have: I saw the trailer just yesterday, and the most thrilling part was that broken Halo Ring. Is this THE halo at the games end from Halo 1 back in 2001?

Speculation is that it's zeta halo and not the one from CE (which was fractured in at least 2 places and warranted a completely new ring to be made at the Ark). Interestingly enough zeta halo supposedly has somewhat of a Flood problem..

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Who were the big name hires 343 acquired for Infinite and which studios had they come from ?

I remember seeing a few and getting pretty excited. I know a few have left but hopefully they did what they set out to accomplish before moving on .

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
After finding this a while ago, I can't help but assume that this is why the game is called Infinite:

Gravemind said:
"You cannot stop me... I will sift it from you before you finally die, or you can surrender it and have what you always wanted—infinite life, infinite knowledge, and infinite companionship."

The "Logic Plague" in its entirety certainly sounds interesting.

One question I have: I saw the trailer just yesterday, and the most thrilling part was that broken Halo Ring. Is THE halo from Halo 1 back in 2001?

All the information that we gathered from the 2 trailers points towards this being Zeta Halo, which is Installation 07. We visitted Installation 04 in Halo: CE and then a replacement for it in Halo 3. We also visitted Installation 05 in Halo 2 and we saw Installation 03 in Halo 4.

If you are curious as to what info:
  • Morse code sending "SOS ZETA HALO GRD" - Slipspace Trailer
  • Forerunner Hieroglyphs spelling ZETA in a cave - Slipspace Trailer
  • Pelican GPS stating "Local Ref ZETA" - Discover Hope trailer
Who were the big name hires 343 acquired for Infinite and which studios had they come from ?

I remember seeing a few and getting pretty excited. I know a few have left but hopefully they did what they set out to accomplish before moving on .

Paul Crocker, who was previously the Lead Narrative Designer at Rocksteady and Narrative Director at WB Games Montreal. Now Narrative Director at 343.

The other one is Troy Mashburn. Previously Lead Combat Designer at Guerrilla Games. Now Gameplay Director at 343 according to LinkedIn. Stinkles called him "rad new Lead Sandbox guy", so I'm not sure if it's a new position or the same one. Still curious as to what he was teasing in that tweet, btw.

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Halo Wars 2 set before Halo: CE?

I haven't played that one yet.

Halo Wars 2 takes place just after Halo 5.

No, this Halo ring appears to be Installation 07 aka Zeta Halo. If this is true, my excitement for the campaign and story is at maximum levels of hype as a lot of stuff happened on this ring during the Forerunner timeline.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it feels as jam-packed with features and content as Halo 3 did. I can't think of a game since that had the same kind of feature list.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I really hope it feels as jam-packed with features and content as Halo 3 did. I can't think of a game since that had the same kind of feature list.
One of the main reasons they made a new engine was because it was really hard to make content in the old one. So that to go along with 500ish devs at 343, around 100 at skybox labs, and 5 years of dev time. They better have a lot of content at launch.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
the discover hope trailer i found to be quite amazing in its pacing, story telling, and character development - all in a small cutscene. it was a far cry from the stuff we saw in 4 and 5 and, if its representative of the rest of the game (of course it is), i have a very good feeling about this game. 5 years is also a lot of time to polish the hell out of this thing.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
having a fast movement speed solves that problem just fine.
I don't think I agree with that but it's okay to have different opinions. I think not having the option to move between larger distances faster will lead to heavy player frustration. Just boosting the normal movement speed won't fix that as it'll lead to a "too fast" feeling in closer combat situations (thinking about Unreal Tournament as an example).

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I must be the only person on earth who liked the campaign for 5.

4 really was a mess though IMO.

I am the opposite. I enjoyed H4 campaign massively, but felt that 343i were trying their hardest to foist Team Osiris on us, and used Blue Team (who did very little) to put them over. Having them get captured, and require rescue from the Locke and Co. was weak.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am the opposite. I enjoyed H4 campaign massively, but felt that 343i were trying their hardest to foist Team Osiris on us, and used Blue Team (who did very little) to put them over. Having them get captured, and require rescue from the Locke and Co. was weak.

I would say having us play anything other than Blue Team after finally giving us blue team was a bad idea.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
What's the last open world game you played that didn't have sprint? I can't think of one myself off the top of my head.

I could care less if sprint is in MP or not. I'm fine with both. I guess they could have it in campaign but not arena.
The two most recent Assassin's Creed titles don't have sprint.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I liked 4 because it made chief feel human with real emotions. Something bungee never did. I thought the story was just fine and I followed it fine. The gameplay was a let down, and areas where too closed off. Halo 5 was the opposite. The story was bad, they made chief feel like a robot again. The squad aspect hurt the game. They focused on Osiris. The only likeable character was buck. Gameplay/and levels where better than 4 though.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I agree with that but it's okay to have different opinions. I think not having the option to move between larger distances faster will lead to heavy player frustration. Just boosting the normal movement speed won't fix that as it'll lead to a "too fast" feeling in closer combat situations (thinking about Unreal Tournament as an example).
Doom doesn't have sprint and nobody complained, Halo doesn't even need to be as fast as that to eliminate sprint. For larger areas, we have vehicles. Gears 5 had VERY large and open areas (reminded me a lot of CE at times) and used a vehicle to get from different sections of the map.

Keep the gameplay consistent. If sprint is gone in multiplayer than don't include it for campaign either.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Paul Crocker, who was previously the Lead Narrative Designer at Rocksteady and Narrative Director at WB Games Montreal. Now Narrative Director at 343.

The other one is Troy Mashburn. Previously Lead Combat Designer at Guerrilla Games. Now Gameplay Director at 343 according to LinkedIn. Stinkles called him "rad new Lead Sandbox guy", so I'm not sure if it's a new position or the same one. Still curious as to what he was teasing in that tweet, btw.

That fills me with a lot of hope, like op_ivy said the latest trailer is a good indication of how the story and narrative might go - it's a great sign.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Doom doesn't have sprint and nobody complained, Halo doesn't even need to be as fast as that to eliminate sprint. For larger areas, we have vehicles. Gears 5 had VERY large and open areas (reminded me a lot of CE at times) and used a vehicle to get from different sections of the map.

Keep the gameplay consistent. If sprint is gone in multiplayer than don't include it for campaign either.
To be honest I don't think Halo should play like Doom ... At all. And Doom won't have the same sizes of areas either, excluding Arena.

However. I'm really not interested in the whole sprint discussion to be completely honest. Having no sprint in Halo 3 was fine. Having sprint in Halo 5 was fine as well. It doesn't matter as much as people act like it does, there are much more important decisions to be made for Halo Infinite. Some of which they already publicly expressed, many of which will be answered in a few months.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I would say having us play anything other than Blue Team after finally giving us blue team was a bad idea.

Agreed. They pulled a Disney and used the old team to elevate the new one.

The throwaway line where the Monitor states that Blue Team were essentially walking around in circles on Requiem was insulting.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
However. I'm really not interested in the whole sprint discussion to be completely honest. Having no sprint in Halo 3 was fine. Having sprint in Halo 5 was fine as well. It doesn't matter as much as people act like it does, there are much more important decisions to be made for Halo Infinite. Some of which they already publicly expressed, many of which will be answered in a few months.

i agree with this.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I don't think Halo should play like Doom ... At all. And Doom won't have the same sizes of areas either, excluding Arena.

I think this is a good take, especially if there is an Arena mode that mimics the H5 Mythic settings you appease the hardcore fans.

Klob have you heard anything about the supposed dev troubles Matt alluded to recently? Plenty of great games had difficult dev cycles, and hopefully the extra time on Infinite has let 343 execute on what they're hoping to deliver.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Fanmade

EOTpN-uW4AAuMUL

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
Do you think they will let you explore the whole ring seamlessly? An open world halo?

Karate Kid

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
dev made big team battle maps at launch, its unbelievable that there's not a single one in halo 5. I also found it grimy that they delayed btb at halo 5's launch so that people would play warzone, please no decisions like this.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

When they show off the game in a couple of months we need to remember to ask him what it was.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that has ruined every 343 game is that they have launched missing features. Halo Infinite can't have that happen. It's a launch game and they've had a lot of time.
This is my view as well. I'm not concerned because they aren't showing stuff yet. I'm just concerned we will have missing features that they failed to add on time with halo 5. I'm fine with some new ideas being cut if it means we can have stuff like btb, forge and theatre all there at launch.

m23

Oct 25, 2017

Why not post the source along with the picture (ie twitter link, etc)? I feel like the people who make these images deserve some sort of recognition. Same thing happened just yesterday with that article on Dualshockers posting the fanmade XSX boxarts while crediting a random reddit user when it was in fact someone from here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
On lesson i hope they have learned is that people only want to play as MC in the main series,leave the other playable characters for dlc or odst-style games.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017

It's fine if you don't want to discuss sprint, but to say it doesn't matter that much is absurd. It completely changes the core gameplay of Halo depending on removing or keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.