• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Halo novels question: is MC included in any Halo novel post-First Strike? I quit around Ghosts of Onyx but had really enjoyed the first 3 novels in the series (yes, I thought the novelization of the game was great as a 13 year old fan). Any Halo novels worth reading these days?

He's going to be in an upcoming novel this summer, but he isn't the main character in any other after First Strike.

As for recommendations, depends on what parts of the Halo universe interest you. If you want stuff in a similar vein to Nylund and Dietz than Halo: Last Light and Retribution are good picks. There's also the Fractures short story anthology that I found pretty great.

Oct 30, 2017
He's going to be in an upcoming novel this summer, but he isn't the main character in any other after First Strike.

As for recommendations, depends on what parts of the Halo universe interest you. If you want stuff in a similar vein to Nylund and Dietz than Halo: Last Light and Retribution are good picks. There's also the Fractures short story anthology that I found pretty great.
Awesome, thank you!

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I really like the Greg Bear novels.

I just picked up New Blood and the entire time I'm reading it, all I hear is Nathan Fillion's voice in my head.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Optic COD is folding up. Reminds me of the Optic Halo drama.

Amazing how quickly a company can take over a franchise and run it into the ground.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
After playing a bunch of the Team Slayer playlist on the MCC I've decided that the titles I actually enjoy playing are H2 and H2A.

Halo 3 is, for obvious reasons as previously discussed, a bit shit.

And CE is just a complete cluster fuck in 4v4. Also I don't actually enjoy using the pistol...

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's another thing that's buggered in the MCC, the bullet magnetism in CE is gone for some reason and it makes using the pistol harder than the original

Deleted member 20799

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The aiming in MCC H3 is broken as fuck. The diagonal sensitivity is significantly higher than vertical/horizontal for some reason.

Also spinning the analog stick makes squares... :/
Wonder if that's some accidental thing from PC, like trying to convert between polar coordinates (xbox stick) & cartesian (for a mouse) or... just bugged calibration in general. :s (I don't know how it works)

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a bit dodgy. It's really not very fun to have a red reticule and miss multiple shots...

Red riticule never guarunteed a hit (imagine that with that massive reticule!).

You have to lead the target. At greater distances, on a moving target, getting a hit could mean intentionally shooting w/o a red reticle.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I like H2A but I wish it had Midship, Containment, Waterworks, Turf, Terminal and Bever Creek

Also I wonder if the Halo surprise this year is H3A for the fixed MCC. That would be much more welcomed than a shitty battle royale fad game, which is to say it would be welcomed at all.

Last edited:

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The best thing about the halo book universe is so many styles of stories are there... I can't think of any other sci-fi or fantasy series that can vary so much between novels

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I hate forge maps in matchmaking, they all suck and it makes me angry because there are an infinite number of better choices

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
As we look ahead, we're very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC and we hope to be able to partner with the ElDewrito team and broader mod and content creation community to help inform the types of experiences and features our fans desire. While we have nothing to announce today, please know that the PC community is very important to us and top of mind as we work towards the future.
I mean, they had said before that they were looking into releasing the Master Chief Collection on PC after the initial retail patch this summer. I think that's the logical endpoint here.

Oct 25, 2017
instead of shitting on and shutting down a classic halo experience on PC how about giving everyone a classic halo on PC and have the next game stop pandering to the flavor of the month Casual player.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
instead of shitting on and shutting down a classic halo experience on PC how about giving everyone a classic halo on PC and have the next game stop pandering to the flavor of the month Casual player.
One thing remains clear – the community really wants more Halo on PC. As we look ahead, we're very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC and we hope to be able to partner with the ElDewrito team and broader mod and content creation community to help inform the types of experiences and features our fans desire

They express they want to partner with them for future Halo PC stuff, so that's something

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks because even if Halo 3 gets ported to PC it wont be as good as ElDewrito. The forge in the game is better then Halo 5 by a mile.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks because even if Halo 3 gets ported to PC it wont be as good as ElDewrito. The forge in the game is better then Halo 5 by a mile.
Well them talking about partnering with the ED team could lead to some cool things, would be interesting to see what they could do with access to the source code.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
When I finally got my hands on the forge in eldewrito it definitely didn't blow me away like I thought it would, I'll admit. I like H5's more but there is a few things they can implement that ED had that would make it better for sure.

KnightHero117

Oct 26, 2017
Okay sure, go ahead and kill off something that's made people excited about Halo again. How about less talk and more doing.

Give PC full support dammit.

Don't half-ass it

Oct 25, 2017
If popular trends are anything to go by, Halo 6 will have MORE warzone and a Battle Royale mode. Vis a Vis Call of duty Black Ops 2 elements in Halo 4.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
So I am hearing ED team can't comply with the takedown.... the game is connecting people p2p and they don't have a killswitch for the master server... not totally sure on the details as I am hearing this from a person who heard it from a person... but they have been accurate in the past.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I am hearing ED team can't comply with the takedown.... the game is connecting people p2p and they don't have a killswitch for the master server... not totally sure on the details as I am hearing this from a person who heard it from a person... but they have been accurate in the past.
Yeah it's P2P, so all they can really do is take down all DL links.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
the best we can hope for is MCC and Halo 6 on PC. To me that's disappointing.

What excited me most about ED wasn't it's 0.6 state, but how the community could potentially modify it and create something better than its source material. I wasn't a big fan of H3 - but I know exactly what I would have done to make that a better game.

I'm confident We'll never see a new game from 343 built around the classic formula. They'll just repackage the old games and continue taking the series in their own, increasingly unpopular, direction. What's most depressing to me, though, is that whatever we DO get will likely be tied to MS' delivery system - meaning no custom servers and no mods - so the community won't be able to properly mold H6 into something more appealing to classic sensibilities (assuming H6 continues chasing trends).

Last edited:

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha. I wasn't so sure about that. I do wish we had quality textures though.

Bruh, everything is so fluid with its Forge. Changing the skybox, changing the skybox position, disabling all map barriers, no-clip, there is like a hundred textures to choose from(many are even animated!),, and they give you texture less shapes to work with. You have 6 different speed options as the monitor, you had Halo 5's custom object prefabs, duplication, and magnets. Better lighting options, better fog options, they gave you a freakin color pallete (rather then a list of 200 colors like H5)

And the best part was is functioned exactly like Halo 3. I had ZERO trouble figuring out how to spawn things, or how to move up, slower. because it used the exact same controls as Halo 3.

Halo 5's forge is great, but I have so much trouble with it. Seeing all those options but in Halo 3 just made me giddy.

Does that mean they are going to get fucked by Microsofts lawyers?

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what the most heart-breaking thing about not getting a Halo 3 Anniversary is to me?

It's not that we won't get to see more Blur cutscenes, or that we won't get alternate versions of the score, but if H3A had come out in 2017, it would have most definitely been a part of the play anywhere initiative and be released on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is a corporation, i have no sympathy for bad security and monitoring. and allowing their IP to be used without immediately squashing the problem. they've known about ElDewrito for a while. they could have done this far earlier. and the backwards PR "we know people want classic halo on PC" is laughable when they can barely deliver a classic halo bundle and are far from classic in their mainline halo games.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
You know what the most heart-breaking thing about not getting a Halo 3 Anniversary is to me?

It's not that we won't get to see more Blur cutscenes, or that we won't get alternate versions of the score, but if H3A had come out in 2017, it would have most definitely been a part of the play anywhere initiative and be released on PC.

H3A would have been pure fire. I am still holding out for it. We got it for CE and 2, why not 3?

Moose

Oct 25, 2017

We might get a H3A still. A fixed MCC could be a platform for legacy content.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even give ED a second look because I reckoned this was going to happen immediately. Shame that there's not many people playing custom maps in HPC.

MCC PC with map tools (like Halo PC's Halo Editing Kit) would be a no hesitation double-dip.

Last edited:

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
With installation game, the Mod, and some others it's like fans are dying for a classic Halo.

343 would be fools to not hire some of this talent and allow them to give fans what they want.

Man I couldn't be more curious about Halo 6. Like, wtf are they gonna do after all this? You can't just do the same thing can you?

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
With installation game, the Mod, and some others it's like fans are dying for a classic Halo.

343 would be fools to not hire some of this talent and allow them to give fans what they want.

Man I couldn't be more curious about Halo 6. Like, wtf are they gonna do after all this? You can't just do the same thing can you?
I don't think modifying existing code necessarily screams talent for actual content creation. Installation 01 is a different story. Halo 6 at least needs to return to the classic art style. Hopefully with the HW2 art director on board that will be a reality. Even something like the Prometheans, which weren't part of classic Halo need a re-design to look classic. They don't look like they belong with Sentinels or Forerunner aesthetic which they should.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just aslong as it's not Gamecheat!

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
I don't think modifying existing code necessarily screams talent for actual content creation. Installation 01 is a different story. Halo 6 at least needs to return to the classic art style. Hopefully with the HW2 art director on board that will be a reality. Even something like the Prometheans, which weren't part of classic Halo need a re-design to look classic. They don't look like they belong with Sentinels or Forerunner aesthetic which they should.
You're not wrong... I'm just hyped that there is a strong vocal crowd that is bringing this to people's attention. All I've ever done is whine or discuss this stuff in forums. We have people doing hard work to demonstrate their passion.

It's just been over a decade since a classic style Halo. I'm insanely interested in what's going to happen, especially because reboots of series, revivals, and returning to roots is becoming more of a trend.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you please just grow up? Their assets and code were literally stolen, the ElDewrito team are lucky Microsoft don't sue them to oblivion and to be honest I wouldn't blame them.

i'm sorry did anything you say invalidate the fact that he's bummed eldewrito has maps that will now never see the light of day?

sorry for the lurker drive-by

not to mention how sad it is for you to use the word "stolen" when the ED team clearly poured so much effort into something they get zero compensation for, I don't care what the legality of the matter is, your morality is off

Status
Not open for further replies.