• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Guess that's what comes from breadcrumbing a protective role. :/ Otherwise odd though because I know Crimson was a null/question for some. Hecht, did you already try the revive or are we going to choose now?

Some pre-typed coming in a sec before I drive home.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So that explains where one of the missing kills went. Crimson successfully blocked a kill at some point.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That Crimson death is not as bad as I expected. Hopefully he shielded somebody with a good role from dying and that's why he died.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is false. Nin explicitly stated that he protected Faircure.

Not sure why we should let ourselves be criticized by somebody who apparently doesn't read the game.

Unless you know more than we do and Nin lied?

My thought too, not necessarily the knows more point but the very dramatic and over the top name calling that felt fake as fuck.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Guess that's what comes from breadcrumbing a protective role. :/ Otherwise odd though because I know Crimson was a null/question for some. Hecht, did you already try the revive or are we going to choose now?

Monkey pls. He was a bodyguard. I highly doubt scum targeted him intentionally.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So Tearable's hollering fit aside, I'm also not super pleased with yesterday. Pretyped:

Surprise, the lynch went off with almost no one arguing it and something (potentially?) terrible happened despite a promise to revive. The question is what that bit about Roxas means. Spitballing here: Roxas could be Sawneeks, returned from wherever, or someone was lying, or it could be just a power up state for scum. One of the problems with this game (I know, no-fun Monkey) is that it's impossible to predict anything or even weigh things properly, and I think this is not a bastard thing but a symptom of LOOK HOW CUH-RAAAAAAZY IT ALL IS!!111 which is fun in the moment but makes shit difficult to solve. But one thing is clear to me: yesterday was TOO EASY and a bunch of people sat on the sidelines.

The following people didn't vote at EoD or have an active vote: *Splinter, Lifeline, Faircure, Stan, LP (did I miss anyone?) - that's a LOT of people. If you're town, that's your real power. So where are you?

As for the votes: Sorian and Includios were about on the same page with this - mostly that nin's arguments were inconsistent (which I don't think was a good reason to lynch nin but I said as much yesterday). Hecht and Muffin just came on to end it when it was inevitable. That leaves these votes under more scrutiny, I think, maybe along with Sorian/Includios:

The list of JOATs just continues to increase.

Honestly, based on nins posts I think he could be neutral. Especially with the continued insistence that he's just doing stuff to survive. Although it's weird because if he cared so much about survival, he'd be pushing that Monkey point way more.

I've been really bad about keeping up on votes this game so I'll put down one for now. I've got some players I need to reread as well.

Vote: nin

Well you should. No reason not to.

In fact, Vote: Nin

Not sure how my activity will be around EoD, but I'll definitely check in sometime later. I'm going to have to let this mill over in my head, but voting Nin seems to make the most sense for a few reasons. His supposed role was not remotely hinted and his claim is very reactionary, as I said before I agree with Fran that I can see this being a neutral fakeclaim, and Nin is supposedly on cooldown so we won't lose anything if we decide to lynch him then revive him tomorrow.

A lot about his claim in general comes across as oddly peculiar.

If nin had received the item during this phase, then maybe the person who stole it from LifeLine last night could've tried to toss it to someone else today to incriminate them. But if both things happened last night, then there's something there.

VOTE: nin

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

Haven't used it yet. Figured we'd chat about which one first.

Well we have another example of cross-universe items being the case. So if someone has that microchip can I get it plz thx

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That does seem a bit over the top strong doesn't it? We don't even get a flip. THREE times?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we revive Crimson does he get his BP back? Because I vote for that.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Our first night kill (Besides that other person).

Maybe this is unnecessary but apologies for how that item stuff went down yesterday. Once I figured out the answer, I wanted to wait and get confirmation on if the hour would end once the question was answered. However when I saw faircure post the answer, I thought I would answer before someone else, potentially on the scum team, saw that and tried to get the item. I did have a reason for taking it which I'd rather not reveal but if people insist, I will at some point.

To start the day off, someone who I have no read on.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy
Double: Kalor

Nice try

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If Silky and Nicole survived then we could have had 5 kills in a night, at least based on what we know so far.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well shit now I feel bad. I thought for sure the Soul Edge was the one from Soul Caliber (which is literally a demon sword) so I kept it so the scum team couldn't have it. But it's not like I would have given it to Crimson without knowing his flavor. He was the nullest tell for me.

So that explains where one of the missing kills went. Crimson successfully blocked a kill at some point.
Yeah which means we should reread to see if he breadcrumbed or hinted at who via his reads at some point.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Our first night kill (Besides that other person).

Maybe this is unnecessary but apologies for how that item stuff went down yesterday. Once I figured out the answer, I wanted to wait and get confirmation on if the hour would end once the question was answered. However when I saw faircure post the answer, I thought I would answer before someone else, potentially on the scum team, saw that and tried to get the item. I did have a reason for taking it which I'd rather not reveal but if people insist, I will at some point.

To start the day off, someone who I have no read on.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy
Double: Kalor

Nice try

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So if nin protected faircure, I was untargetable on a night, and Crimson blocked two kills, we can definitely figure kills. Crimson was spot on tho. RIP, POTENTIALLY NAKED KNIGHT

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
We have 14 players now. If we take FEPs role at face value then there's at least two other scum. Then we have Roxas who might be a converted player then Tearables claim that someone might have converted. So potentially 5 scum against 9 town and that's discounting neutrals.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
We have 14 players now. If we take FEPs role at face value then there's at least two other scum. Then we have Roxas who might be a converted player then Tearables claim that someone might have converted. So potentially 5 scum against 9 town and that's discounting neutrals.
Are you scum Kalor?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The converted player COULD have been Sawneeks, Roxas could be either LP or Fandorin, and the other was converted otherwise. It's as crazy/potential as any other theory (but I'm more inclined to believe NPC/power).

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Call me crazy but "can't go to spec thread on death" is probably for more than a one-shot revive in this game.

I think this is equally likely as a liar.
The thing is though (and I know that this is purely a flavor argument) Roxas only starts to exist the moment Sora became Heartless, or in this case, died. I have no idea how you'd work a previous town player into that.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Muffin, I'd guess a power/buff or something over anything else and if it's that, reviving nin might remove it, but you know, I really just don't know because what makes sense here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is though (and I know that this is purely a flavor argument) Roxas only starts to exist the moment Sora became Heartless, or in this case, died. I have no idea how you'd work a previous town player into that.

We're off the rails anyway, maybe nin became scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.