• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Sora becoming human again didn't erase Roxas, so I figure they're going to keep him even if we revive Nin.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Muffin, I'd guess a power/buff or something over anything else and if it's that, reviving nin might remove it, but you know, I really just don't know because what makes sense here.

If we want to do flavor nonsense for a second. Once a nobody is born, nothing makes it go away even if the original gets their heart back.

*KH nerd*

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, enough mechanic/role speculation

Kalor, why did you grab the quiz item?

And if you don't have a better explanation than "so that scum couldn't!" then I promise you'll have my vote today.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Alright who do I revive and totally recruit to the scum team mwahahahahahah...cough

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense. Where would they go, role wise? Are they ghosting us now?
Outer Mafia to pull strings or do whatever a ghost faction does? I dunno. I mean, you're fused with another character, Fran is a god, and the neutrals made Sorian's legendary role look simple, so why not get crazy with the speculation?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If we want to do flavor nonsense for a second. Once a nobody is born, nothing makes it go away even if the original gets their heart back.

*KH nerd*
I've never played a KH game because I'm not into Disney so I dunno.

I gotta drive home. Y'all will have all this solved by the time I get there, yeah?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

And if you don't have a better explanation than "so that scum couldn't!" then I promise you'll have my vote today.

An element of my role is that items can't be stolen from me. I knew that if I picked it up, scum wouldn't be able to steal it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Same question I've been asking all game and this is to Verelios too. Why bother putting himself in the spotlight?

Outer Mafia to pull strings or do whatever a ghost faction does? I dunno. I mean, you're fused with another character, Fran is a god, and the neutrals made Sorian's legendary role look simple, so why not get crazy with the speculation?

Hey now, serial killer cop will hold a place in all our hearts.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know who held the Liquid arm before me? Having it weirds me the fuck out. Rather solve who gave it to me and pass it on to somebody I trust with them keeping quiet they received it.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Same question I've been asking all game and this is to Verelios too. Why bother putting himself in the spotlight?

Hey now, serial killer cop will hold a place in all our hearts.
Because he wanted the item? It was useful? Maybe whatever shenanigans happened with our two disappearing friends is related?

And also maybe he knew he could try and swerve it, I dunno.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know who held the Liquid arm before me? Having it weirds me the fuck out. Rather solve who gave it to me and pass it on to somebody I trust with them keeping quiet they received it.

I think it was Tearable? I see a post from nin saying he passed it to Tearable but there might have been someone else after.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Has Kalor mentioned this before? Very convenient timing to say this today and not yesterday.

This is the first I've mentioned anything about my role. I didn't mention it because its beneficial to keep it hidden. I was hoping that someone would waste an item steal on me.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Unvote

No point keeping the vote on someone that doesn't exist.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Initially it was assumed that it was Frans item since it's WoW related but it wasn't his so no-one knows. Based on the fact that no-one else claimed WoW, it might be a scum item.

Hecht

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Initially it was assumed that it was Frans item since it's WoW related but it wasn't his so no-one knows. Based on the fact that no-one else claimed WoW, it might be a scum item.
What is it? I mean just look at Crimson - items aren't necessarily connected to a player's universe

Hecht

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Ok so nin arguably has more utility
Crimson might be more useful in conversation though

So...

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
We have 14 players now. If we take FEPs role at face value then there's at least two other scum. Then we have Roxas who might be a converted player then Tearables claim that someone might have converted. So potentially 5 scum against 9 town and that's discounting neutrals.

FEP's PM had 2 more names but 1 of them could be the converted player. If scum has ways to convert other players it makes sense that they started with a small team.

Also TearablePuns Why did you claimed that Nin protected you N2 when he said another thing?

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like Tearable to clear up what's up with his dayend posts. They just confused me.

For my vote not being active yesterday: I really felt defeated by the situation. I didn't want to lynch nin and I'd said such, but there literally weren't any other candidates for me to bump up with my vote. Plus, nin was almost turboed, he was going to be lynched no matter what. I've never been in this situation and I was just at a loss, sorry.

About the erasure kills, I remembered this from our flipped scum:
Seems we don't really have anything solid pointing towards anything so technically anything could have caused this. Maybe splinter used the tardis to kill her parents. Who knows
I don't know the chances of scum casually bringing up their ability like that, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

For the Roxas thing, I really don't have a clue. But I doubt that Roxas was the role of someone all game, and their conversion trigger was Sora being lynched. For the NK targets, it kinda seems like scum is playing it safe. L_P, Fandorin and Sawneeks weren't particularily townread or anything. Fandorin could've been lynch material too, I think there was plenty of suspicion around him. Or maybe the erasure thing is just random?

I want to revive Crimson for the protection info and his abilities. Sorry nin, but the Roxas thing freaks me out a little.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So Tearable's hollering fit aside, I'm also not super pleased with yesterday. Pretyped:

Surprise, the lynch went off with almost no one arguing it and something (potentially?) terrible happened despite a promise to revive. The question is what that bit about Roxas means. Spitballing here: Roxas could be Sawneeks, returned from wherever, or someone was lying, or it could be just a power up state for scum. One of the problems with this game (I know, no-fun Monkey) is that it's impossible to predict anything or even weigh things properly, and I think this is not a bastard thing but a symptom of LOOK HOW CUH-RAAAAAAZY IT ALL IS!!111 which is fun in the moment but makes shit difficult to solve. But one thing is clear to me: yesterday was TOO EASY and a bunch of people sat on the sidelines.

The following people didn't vote at EoD or have an active vote: *Splinter, Lifeline, Faircure, Stan, LP (did I miss anyone?) - that's a LOT of people. If you're town, that's your real power. So where are you?

As for the votes: Sorian and Includios were about on the same page with this - mostly that nin's arguments were inconsistent (which I don't think was a good reason to lynch nin but I said as much yesterday). Hecht and Muffin just came on to end it when it was inevitable. That leaves these votes under more scrutiny, I think, maybe along with Sorian/Includios:
It's very rich for you to conveniently leave out the one person who first brought attention and scrutiny to nin, unvoted for flimsy reasons when people started noticing him, and then spent the entire rest of the phase distancing themselves from the lynch without offering any alternatives. And now you're trying to control who we look at in the aftermath of that?

VOTE: Dr. Monkey

d1 votes point to possible scumKalor, but on re-read, he's pushing things more than the other person I read up on, which was nin. nin, for all his posts today, is mostly just commenting on the action (there was a lot of excitement today, to be fair), and I noticed he did not vote last day phase. nin, why didn't you vote last phase at all? d1 also you voted for rynam, but misspelled it, but it didn't matter - you switched to Silky ten posts later.

There's a remark about Kalor not backing nin up on the "ryman" vote which I would normally say means they can't be teammates but hell in this game I hardly trust anything. But also, Kalor was already on the Rynam vote at that time, so... extra weird?

nin and items/claiming - has raised some suspicion throughout but he did come through on both counts.
The exchange that follows this - which is nin's big contribution today - is interesting; nin repeats that he wanted to blend in (why? so as to not stand out) and is pressed by both Sorian and Kalor. Regardless, it all gets dropped quickly, but then again, there was other stuff going on.

So, nin is one of the top posters of the day, but has done hardly anything. I don't know if I'll stay here, as I have more to reread, but:

vote: nin

unvote

because I don't disbelieve the claim, just the way a couple of people ran with it. Am curious though: Fran were you saying nin sounds neutral or I do? I didn't follow that.

I thought the same. But why unvote him?

I said why? The claim itself is not unbelievable to me - though some of the replies since make me wonder (others, not nin's). Also I'm obviously emotionally invested in this, so I said I'd keep him as a candidate (I don't think I kept that in this quote but it should be there round about 4566) and listen. A hell of a lot has happened since then, but I'm still thinking.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird targets as noone was townreading them. Leaning for a neutral.

Crimson took 2 shots protecting people so he can give us more info. Also if the item come back that ability is OP.

Crimson can at least confirm who he protected last night since that'll be a town clear. Unless he knew when he BP was killed though, he won't know when he protected someone else though since there seem to be two missing kills.

Hecht

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Alright I'll revive crimson

OP
OP
Geno

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Captain America:Gather up everyone, we have received word from Reiji that they want us to gather the Dragon Balls and revive Sir Arthur.
Vegeta:We have them already actually, go bring them here kitty.
Palico:Meow! (Going!) (Palico brings the Dragon Balls to them)
Captain America:What am I supposed to say now?
Vegeta:Just say Shenron, come out and grant my wish!
Captain America:SHENRON, COME OUT AND GRANT MY WISH!
(A different from the normal looking Shenron comes out)
latest

Vegeta:Wait...this isn't the Shenron that usually comes out.
Captain America:Grand my wish Shenron, bring Sir Arthur back to life!
Black Smoke Shenron:Wish? Ahahahaha. You foolish mortals have used the Dragon Balls for your selfish needs for far too long, it's time
for the world to be born anew.
Vegeta:Stop fucking around and grant our wish.
(Black Smoke Shenron lights up a cigar)
Black Smoke Shenron:Hahaha. I told you, I have no intention of fulfilling any wishes
Captain America:Vegeta, what's going on?
Vegeta:I'm not sure...You! Where is Shenron!
(Black Smoke Shenron blows smoke from the cigar to their faces, then he absorbs the Dragon Balls and leaves laughing)
Black Smoke Shneron:AHAHAHAHA (From him, 7 other dragons come out)
Vegeta:What happened? I don't understand
Captain America:I'll tell you what, more problems in our hands is what happened.
latest

The Shadow Dragons will WIN(Nobody wins) the game in 3 in game days. The Shadow Dragons CANNOT be voted or targeted.
Nobody comes back to life.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So, the Shadow Dragons are npcs? The wording behind it sounds like it at least. So it's just a time limit to force town or scum to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.