• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
gIYS3AN.gif

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I apparently got blocked for awnsering the poll... Kamiya, why you do this to me?! :(

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Bayonetta's core moveset is basically a Dante clone. But beyond that the differences are apparent.

I wonder how and if they would implement Royal Guard?
Well, they were capable of making characters as Duck Hunt or Villager, I'm sure they wouldn't have any trouble finding ways to set him apart. Royal Guard for counterattacks, Gunslinger for aerial attacks, Swordmaster on the ground... Or a dedicated button like Shulk, switching styles on the fly instead of bonuses.

It can be something special, if they're inspired enough. I just disagree on principle with whoever's discarding him without thinking on the possibilities. It can be much more than Bayonetta, because it actually is.

Last edited:

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Dante. We have swords and guns already. We need a unique 4-legged character and that would be Amaterasu

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Has Kamiya forgiven us, Smash idiots? Lol.

I would like to see Smash's take on Dante, even though it would probably be based on his base weapons and moves like Bayonetta.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
If this were even real, I could only see Dante making the cut, the other 3 just are not mainstream or classic enough 3rd party game to be on the main roster imo. Though I would love Joe or Wonder Red.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, the fact that he even made this tweet pretty much deconfirms most of those guys, rip.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not blocked, he deleted the tweet.
He can really be a baby about Twitter. Blocking English speakers really showed that, but then he opens up and a few hours later goes crying about it. Someone high up at PG needs to limit his Twitter use because it's clearly not healthy.
Great game director but clearly can't handle social media.

But Wonder Red is first party.

People are morons.
I remember when Sakurai showed the Wonder Red trophy on Miiverse, and half the replies were calling it "third party". I fucking swear...

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm not blocked, he deleted the tweet.
He can really be a baby about Twitter. Blocking English speakers really showed that, but then he opens up and a few hours later goes crying about it. Someone high up at PG needs to limit his Twitter use because it's clearly not healthy.
Great game director but clearly can't handle social media.

People are morons.
I remember when Sakurai showed the Wonder Red trophy on Miiverse, and half the replies were calling it "third party". I fucking swear...

I saw earlier that he'd received a racist slur and another tweet about nuking Japan for a third time. And he was like "This is what happens when I tweet in English". Don't blame him tbh

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Choosing between Ammy and Wonder Red is difficult. I voted for Wonder Red the last official Smash vote they had but i'd probably vote for Ammy now.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Dante's been on the 3DS twice. Also, Kamiya doesn't own any of the characters in that poll except Wonder-Red and has literally no control over what Capcom does with Dante, Ammy or Joe since he doesn't work for them anymore. He was pretty much just trolling with the poll.

Oh I knew that, I just still find the idea of Dante in SSB really, really out there since not even his franchise is on Nintendo systems. Heck, as much as I'm not for Joker, Persona Q2 is on the 3DS (though those spinoffs made the characters look awful) so having Dante for me in is just as weird as having Master Chief. He wouldn't be someone I'd despise if they got in though, unlike Crash/Spyro or a character literally in to have that third party support the platform more and nothing else, though I'm for Ammy myself, especially since a non-human/pokemon character is few and far between in SSB.

Well, Dante appeared in Project X Zone haha

Oh yeah I forgot that game existed, shit that also means Segata Sanshiro could make sense if he got in... I'd honestly find that very funny.

I saw earlier that he'd received a racist slur and another tweet about nuking Japan for a third time. And he was like "This is what happens when I tweet in English". Don't blame him tbh

Yeah... As easy as it may be to get mad at Kamiya for being so aggressive and mad at everything, it's hard for him not to when people deliberately shitpost around him to irritate him. I saw that Nuke tweet myself and was pretty pissed off. He used to be so friendly towards foreigners excited for his titles, and kinda is if they're nice and calm about it, but the huge influx of idiots/shitposting really soured his perception and I don't blame him for his changing mind.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oh god damn it...
Makes me wonder how other English-speaking Japanese developers handle it, like Harada and SWERY

Having followed Harada (never heard of SWERY until that JJ game came out) for a long while, he More or less goes "I can't do everything for everyone, so just be happy for what I gave you and I do my best", which is surprising considering how much Tekken requests he gets...

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dante all thee way. Adds yet another swordsman to the overcrowded swordsman list, but this would be character i'd make an exception for.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I don't see any of them getting in unless Nintendo already picked one and this is a hint. HMMMM

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Those are all excellent choices. I struggle to decide, though I'd have to go with Dante. Since he's the most iconic of the bunch.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Dante gets my vote, but I do think Joe would fit well in Smash too since he's already a side-scrolling character.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Viewtiful Joe is probably the best fit, and whatever makes a re-release more likely.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I never interacted with him before and voted because I thought he was gauging interest (and Amaterasu sounds amazing). But now I'm blocked. Oh well, that was a trap.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Dante is the obvious choice, but I want Wonder Red so my dream of a W101 sequel does not die :(