• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Hey! New here, although I have been reading you for quite some months already. Following the Aventurine's topic, I wanted to ask you for some advice as tomorrow the banner is coming and I haven't decided what to do yet. These are my characters and I own 240 tickets right now.
Whats-App-Image-2024-04-16-at-12-20-10.jpg
I wanted to go for Aventurine because Fu Xuan is very comfortable and I've been really appreciating the shields in this game. However, Gepard E1 just came out soon the other day as I was fishing for Gallagher E4, so I have the next one garanteed and I'm not sure who to use it for.

1. Aventurine: I enjoy the character and his kit, but maybe I already have a lot of sustainers (really like Bailu and Galla is doing also fine with Acheron).
2. Robin: Literally my great interest in Penacony started when I saw her first leaked design, but after seeing her gameplay I'm discouraged because I don't know if I like playing with a "three people team."
3. Firefly: Everything about her got my attention but we don't even know when she is coming and can save.
You have a really really nice roster, wow! Aventurine would fit well into your roster for Dr. Ratio and just as an overall, comfy shielder like Fu Xuan.

I would almost say the next thing your account could use is a 5 star Harmony, whether it be Robin or you could wait for a Ruan Mei or Sparkle rerun. Very nice that you have Bronya E1 and a Tingyun though and it seems you use Nihility teams more than oure hypercarry.
At this point, I would say follow your heart and pull what excites you the most since your account is really well balanced already.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
this does give me a good excuse to finally build my E6 Gallagher and try this.

Thank You
You have an E6 Gallagher and you've yet to build him? You are missing out a lot if you don't use him. He's up there with Pela and Tingyun in terms of how good he is as a 4*
Hey! New here, although I have been reading you for quite some months already. Following the Aventurine's topic, I wanted to ask you for some advice as tomorrow the banner is coming and I haven't decided what to do yet. These are my characters and I own 240 tickets right now.
Whats-App-Image-2024-04-16-at-12-20-10.jpg
I wanted to go for Aventurine because Fu Xuan is very comfortable and I've been really appreciating the shields in this game. However, Gepard E1 just came out soon the other day as I was fishing for Gallagher E4, so I have the next one garanteed and I'm not sure who to use it for.

1. Aventurine: I enjoy the character and his kit, but maybe I already have a lot of sustainers (really like Bailu and Galla is doing also fine with Acheron).
2. Robin: Literally my great interest in Penacony started when I saw her first leaked design, but after seeing her gameplay I'm discouraged because I don't know if I like playing with a "three people team."
3. Firefly: Everything about her got my attention but we don't even know when she is coming and can save.
I suggest you save your guaranteed for Firefly. Aventurine would just be a marginal upgrade over Gepard, especially since you already have his E1. Give him MoV and some good relics and he'll protect your team easily. His freeze is great for clutch saves or for DoTs if you have sufficient EHR.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pulling Aventurine because he's the best. How he benefits my roster is irrelevant.

Me to my other sustains tomorrow:
GJk_TUOWgAAF9mf

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can not beat Bronya for the last boss of today's fight. Tried Himeko and Kuro Kuro and could only get her to like 30 percent left.

Finished with SS rating. I used my own Gallagher E6 and trial Himeko, trial Ruan Mei and trial Xueyi. In terms of buffs I used Expose Weakness and Pursuer.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
You have an E6 Gallagher and you've yet to build him? You are missing out a lot if you don't use him. He's up there with Pela and Tingyun in terms of how good he is as a 4*
So true.(if you have him at E6)

E6 Gallagher+ Ruan Mei could vaporized MOC 12 Ice Golem elite and Cocolia's whole weakness bar within 2 actions. He break damage is guaranteed 70k damage lol.

I am sorry my King for doomposting you in CTB 2.1, now e6 Gallgher basically benched/powercrept my e2 SSS score Luochad.(creating more SP, charging more energy with Quo pro and more offensive damage at the price of sustainability.)

Last edited:

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Fu Xuan and HuoHuo usually take care of everything i need for sustains so i haven't needed him for anything yet

Finished with SS rating. I used my own Gallagher E6 and trial Himeko, trial Ruan Mei and trial Xueyi. In terms of buffs I used Expose Weakness and Pursuer.
Oh i will try this thanks

Arweil

Apr 16, 2024
Spain
She's very likely to be the first banner in 2.3. We'll know for sure next week I guess.
I read about it, but we don't know if we can get "boothilled" again. However, true that next week should come the drip and live, no? Maybe it would be wise just to wait a bit and see what they show us there.

E4 Gallagher, E1 Gepad/Bailu and Fu Xuan are more than enough. Since you don't have Topaz/Fua team, that maybe not noticeable upgrade if you get E0S0 Aventurine.

E0S0 Robin would only "meta" in follow-up team set-up. Her new E1 would make her suitable in other set-up.Unless you plan to go beyond E1S1, she would be a 160 energy cost limited 5* Asta.

Rumor: Sam would be at the same tier as Acheron's level of meta, your e4 Gallgher would be a pretty good sustain for it. Sam should be in 2.3 banner.
Are they really that good sustainers even for high difficulties as Swarm and Gears? I haven't tried that in a while as the last time I got wrecked even with Fu. I wanted Aventurine mostly for that kind of content (and MoC) and have Fu (and a healer is needed) in one side and him in the other.

You have a really really nice roster, wow! Aventurine would fit well into your roster for Dr. Ratio and just as an overall, comfy shielder like Fu Xuan.

I would almost say the next thing your account could use is a 5 star Harmony, whether it be Robin or you could wait for a Ruan Mei or Sparkle rerun. Very nice that you have Bronya E1 and a Tingyun though and it seems you use Nihility teams more than oure hypercarry.
At this point, I would say follow your heart and pull what excites you the most since your account is really well balanced already.
Oh thank you very much!! I actually love the Harmony units, but I just get lured by others first and then I have no tickets left. Actually thinking and waiting for the comparissons between Robin and Ruan to decide one, but at least I can see Ruan in the battle, but the feeling of Robin not being much in screen doesn't feel correct for some reason.

I suggest you save your guaranteed for Firefly. Aventurine would just be a marginal upgrade over Gepard, especially since you already have his E1. Give him MoV and some good relics and he'll protect your team easily. His freeze is great for clutch saves or for DoTs if you have sufficient EHR.
Mmmm I will think about it as I even own a MoV S2, but I usually have it on Fu Xuan

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Version 2.3 would be late June, probably. Version 2.2 starts in ~3 weeks, which is the second week of May. Patches normally last 6 weeks, leaving patch 2.3 at the last week of June.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
First time in a while I've hit a wall in MoC. Cant quite get those last two stars on floor 12.

Cleared it twice at 19 cycles and Pela dying right at the end both times. So close. She's built like a tank too.

Seeing that all 4* clear video hits home it's a skill issue. Not sure how to rearrange the teams. Tried shuffling some people around but just wiped.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
When do we usually get the drip marketing for the following patch? Is it next week or the week after the livestream?

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Good luck to all Aventurine pullers! May his incredible luck touch your account~

I finished the 3x planar event, got mostly trash. But all the relic exp allowed me to level up a bunch of relics and get to a point in which my 3 main supports (Sparkle, Tingyun, and Asta) are all at 161 speed with their correct planar relic sets, and ERR ropes. Very happy with that, plus Asta and Tingyun have the 4 piece messenger set bonus, so they feel pretty much done. Sparkle's base speed is too low that I wasn't able to manage that, but it's not a big deal so whatever.

Also, I was able to get one exceptional piece that Clara and Topaz will appreciate, so it wasn't a total loss:

v6XILqu.png

When do we usually get the drip marketing for the following patch? Is it next week or the week after the livestream?
Next week, it's the same week as the livestream. Always makes for an exciting week, can't wait.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have Fu Xuan and my second sustain is usually Gepard or Bailu. Will Aventurine be worth it without his LC? I could possibly do a single 50/50 but that's it lol

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Aventurinios banner doesn't start til mid day here so i guess the impressions on him will be long out at that point, though i think everyone expects him to be great

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A day until I can wish for Jingliu
cXxySlM.jpg

if I lose the 50/50 I'll be saving. I'll take an early 5* but I'm only at 4 pity.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
So true.(if you have him at E6)

E6 Gallagher+ Ruan Mei could vaporized MOC 12 Ice Golem elite and Cocolia's whole weakness bar within 2 actions. He break damage is guaranteed 70k damage lol.

I am sorry my King for doomposting you in CTB 2.1, now e6 Gallgher basically benched/powercrept my e2 SSS score Luochad.(creating more SP, charging more energy with Quo pro and more offensive damage at the price of sustainability.)

Well damn, my Gallagher is also e6 but my Lucho is e0, time to build Gallagher lol.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
After hearing all the rave reviews for Gallagher I'm more annoyed than ever that Luocha was the rerun for this banner instead of Topaz. I'll be stuck with him at E0 for who knows how long. Not like I have Ruan Mei for a break team anyway I guess.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I got 170 warps, so im kinda torn on what to do if I lose the 50/50. I think its enough to still get aventurine and have enough for Sam? And I do really need a sustain.

I think I will just not lose the 50/50.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
100% the same for me, really loved him after 2.1 and he's such an interesting character. Tbh, with how things went for him and where he seemed to be at the end of 2.1 I feel like he'd be a really cool addition to the main cast on the express. Everyone on the express currently is pretty obviously a good guy whereas Aventurine could add something different to the crew with his more morally grey actions he is willing to take.
I couldn't agree more. He's still got a lot of potential in this story, hopefully the devs don't fumble it.

Good luck with your Aventurine pulls everyone.

Take it all!🎲

rudy-rudilous-aventurine.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Realizing that even with the 90 pulls and the spare shards I got (around 50 more pulls) I am going into these Aventurine banners with no pity because I got really lucky and pulled Acherons cone in the first 10 pull and I got E6 Acheron.

Please give me the gamblers luck tomorrow

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Conflicted on trying a 50/50 on Aventurine. With Huo Huo and FX I've got my sustain needs mostly covered when it comes to just keeping everyone alive.

It's the damage potential and FUA synergy that are enticing though. I'm looking for a reason to use Ratio more but it seems like Topaz is kinda the lynchpin of that team who I had to miss.

I has a similar line of thinking when skipping Sparkle after comparing her to Bronya and I still have a touch of FOMO. Although that was necessary to secure Acheron so no regrets.

Will see how he pans out but leaning towards passing and getting Robin to ease the feeling of missing the last cracked support.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think, as of right now, I've come to the conclusion that while I adore Topaz, that doesn't mean I'm chained to FUA.

Aventurine and Robin seem like no-brainers for Topaz teams but I don't have a passion for either so I'll sit on my hands for now.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
and my half built gallagher plus ruan mei did make the difference.

Nice. Gallagher is great.

I got 170 warps, so im kinda torn on what to do if I lose the 50/50. I think its enough to still get aventurine and have enough for Sam? And I do really need a sustain.

I think I will just not lose the 50/50.

If you need a sustain then go for it. Even if you lose the 50/50 you will have the next two weeks, an entire patch and at least another two weeks to save enough jade for Sam. An that's assuming Sam will be in 2.3 phase 1. Also this:

94cc70a7a0aed23826265bf64c7d0a11_7955118077878955869.png

300% loot

A couple of good elemental Glamoth orbs (if I was looking for a thunder one I would have made it like a bandit)
Plenty atk ropes but meh subs

A decisive upgrade to my Seele crit rate 3 ROLLS!

So yay?!

I think, as of right now, I've come to the conclusion that while I adore Topaz, that doesn't mean I'm chained to FUA.

Aventurine and Robin seem like no-brainers for Topaz teams but I don't have a passion for either so I'll sit on my hands for now.

This is me, I don't care for Aventurine but I hate that the demo team with Clara, Topaz and Ratio is the most fun I have hadin the game.

I do plan on Robin if her LC does not change and the nerfs are not outrageous and the order she comes, Fu Xua with LC comes no mater the hit to the warchest.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to do the MoC with no real problems till Aventurine, and all I needed to do was switch the Acheron team with the DoT team.

I am thinking of maybe swapping out Bronya and substituting her with Gallagher. I have him at E6, so would just need relics and trace mats for him.

Problem with Gepard alone is he doesn't have the full taunt value using the market cone compared to his signature, so he can't keep the team alive sometimes like with Aventurine using follow up attacks

So thinking of just swapping him out for FTB for consistency, and swapping Bronya for Gallagher for sustain and debuffs.

Bronya lets Acheron go more and she generates a lot of ult, but it's a pretty SP heavy combo to be consistent

Jan 19, 2022

I love Topaz's character and design to death, I have her very well built with great relics, and I basically never use outside of Elation runs in SU.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
My absolute hatred for Gepard is pushing me towards Aventurine
I was gonna wait until Fu Xuan or Huohuo but
giphy.gif

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Managed to get full stars in MoC after messing around with some teams. Ratio was the key to getting the first round done in 2 turns thanks to his constant attacks breaking the Dino and helping with the MoC buff stacks.

Aventurine I had to brute force and time ults for the stupid dice. Still really mad that the MoC buff gets wasted on attacking the dice.

Jingyuan still holding strong on my roster and is still my favorite team to play.
Honkai__Star_Rail_-_Google_Chrome_4_16_2024_11_57_30_AM.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Aventurine was next week. Damn, sooner than I thought.

He's a pass from me, as I already have Gepard E1, Fu Xuan E1, Huohuo, E6 Gallagher, etc., which is good considering the damage to my jade this patch. Best of luck to everyone pulling though, may you all win that 50/50!