• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017
Back in the old forum I used dark theme all the time. In fact it was one of the aspects that kept me from browsing era as much as I do now but now that I've had time to experience this theme, I think I'll stick to it. Love color combination.

What do you guys think?

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
When I first got here I thought it was too bright. The colors are nice but it's just too bright. Either they changed something or my eyes adjusted because it doesn't seem as bad anymore. I still welcome a dark theme.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm using one of the FF dark themes in the dark theme thread - it's amazing. They're doing some great work there.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the bright background, but I would still like a dark theme, especially on mobile.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For mobile, I need a dark theme.

On desktop, I kinda prefer light colors, but the custom options Iso provides in his dark theme have won me over. Wider display, resetera symbol next to posts, and orange highlights for easier viewing.

If someone makes a custom light theme with those features and slightly different colors than the basic website, I'm all in.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark themes saves eyes and saves lives. Need me a dark theme. For now I'm using an unofficial one.

half a moon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the iphone 3G whitw backgrounds were flashlight apps. I don't want to stare at a flashlight app.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't need it anymore cause the unofficial ones are pretty damn good. Search for the thread.

Edit: the mobile version tho, need that one stat

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see you here Machado!

I need the dark theme though, this burns my retinas at night lol.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard disagree. Currently using a dark theme on my laptop, but I can't on my phone or tablet and the difference is stark.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I have already set up the unofficial dark theme with Stylish but I need something for mobile

Light themes are terrible and will destroy your eyes

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need that dark theme. I used to sometimes browse a bit in bed before going to sleep. Can't do it with the light theme. Probably gonna use the Samsung browser to read at night in the meantime but it's a pretty broken implementation at best.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
While the ResetERA is very functional on mobile, it's not as well mobile optimized with small, precise touch points. I have bad eyesight (keratoconus). Especially on mobile, a black background with text as white or a color is especially helpful. I appreciated the old font size adjuster (had it set to 110%). I'm not sure if it's the font itself or the font size, but I find the current theme to be especially hard to read to the point where I'm not using the site as much as before.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Machado!!! You in Canada yet bro? On topic I quite like the default on era but I'm looking forward to the official dark theme.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
I like this theme but its too bright, Im waiting for an official dark theme especially on mobile, lazy to download add-ons to make it work :v

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
My eyes are extremely sensitive to bright lights and backgrounds, even when dimmed, so I'm really looking forward to the eventual dark theme.

Groof

Oct 26, 2017
dark theme is for humans with weak eyes

welcome to the stronger crowd OP. nobody wants to be known as weak eyed. nobody

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No I need a dark theme, especially when I'm in bed at night on mobile. I don't want to read text off a white background.
The podcast app I use, Waze app, etc.. and I'm sure many others all have a dark theme that kicks in at night, for good reason.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I love the look of the light theme, but wouldn't be opposed to using a dark one when it's available natively.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current color scheme is fine, but I definitely want a dark theme for the sake of my eyes and for when I am reading in rooms that aren't well lit.