• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
How do you de-link your PS4 account? I'd gladly do that if it fixes this garbage.

EDIT: Fuck you so hard, Sony.

2JAu7xT
This is insane

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How is this even legal, I bought the game on PC but oh no, I logged once on PS4 so Sony is preventing access to my account.

Oct 30, 2017
This shit is annoying.

I've held off on the battle pass as i play on both xbox and ps4. Plan on playing on the Switch too.

Will it work between Xbox and switch?
If you've ever played Fortnite on your PS4 with the same account as on PC or XB1, then No, you will never be able to use that account on Switch. You'll have to create a new account and start over with everything. No progression, no skins, nothing.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
I will never link ANY account to my PS4/SONY account anymore, SONY just takes control of your rights and other linked account's rights and made you a hostage to their ecosystem only, even if you just happened to use your third party account with the PS4 only once, that's all it takes. Unfreackingbelievable

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
My son's battlepass account is on Xbox so I guess I'll use that. I'll need a new account if I want to play with him though as my pc account is linked to my psn

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unaffected by this because I rarely have played fortnite before today and its primarily been on Xbox but I have to think this is going to ruffle more than a few feathers and might actually be the closest thing to breaking the camels back in regards to PS4 blocking cross play.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the fucking worst. Fuck you, Sony. Because I played on a PS4 (on an account that I mainly play on PC, and is cross-platform compatible with the Switch), I can't play on Switch. I would gladly un-link my PS4 from my account if it meant I could play on Switch.

Dfgf22lVAAANUO1.jpg

Pretty sure it's not just logins linked on PS4.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I know this won't happen, but I wish Epic would threaten Sony with a delisting even though it would hurt them (they'd still be making bank though). Apple, Nintendo, and Microsoft are cool with it--so why is Sony acting like a dick?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is some grade A bullshit. We're being punished for even so much as trying the game on PS4. I'd much rather play on PC than PlayStation, but the portability of the Switch would be great if I could play it. Guess I'll be staying away from all third party games on a Sony platform from now on.

OP
OP
SpottieO

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Could Epic take your items from your PSN account and "copy" them over to a fresh account? That way we keep everything and it is a new account.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arrogant Sony was never away, they just got a lot better at PR and learned to instrumentalize their fanbase as unpaid astroturfers.
Sorry that's bullshit. The people whining about Arrogant Sony have always been wrong.

This is not acceptable at all and needs to be fixed but this isn't about Arrogant Sony or anything like that.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The good news is that if any game were to finally force Sony's hand on changing this, it's probably Fortnite.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is hot garbage, but on the bright side, Fortnite is so big this should blow up in a bigger way. Hopefully the reddit stays on fire and shit, this is not acceptable at all.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it's not just logins linked on PS4.
Nope it is. Sony allows PS4/PC/Mobile. MS and Switch allows everyone but PS4. However if you have linked your account to PS4 you can't move it. And if you have linked your account to Xbox or Switch you can't move it to PS4. It seems like a revenue thing except Sony allows it with PC and Mobile.

There is no way this is in line with EU law

No clue might want to bring it up with your local consumer protection agency.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is super greedy, and is done with the goal of making sure people are discouraged from playing the game in other consoles. Hope this kind of behavior doesn't inflict other games.

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
This will be the game that makes Sony change their tune around crossplay. It's too massive to ignore the complaints.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will happen bro. Nobody cares about this. People trying this for years but Sony is not listening coz they know fans will continue to support them no matter what .
This one is a bit different. There are plenty of PS4 players who also have a Switch. Not being able to use your existing account is going to anger a lot of people. This is not a "Wouldn't it be nice if we can all play together" scenario like crossplay.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is trying to keep Playstation fortnite players prisoner.