SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
The G4TV that was right after taking over TechTV? That one?

Because if its the recent version, no thanks.
TechTV was my favorite channel in college. Then G4 bought them and ruined it all - still bitter about it. Screen savers was a great show, then G4 morphed it into AOTS, epitomizing many of the worst aspects of gamer culture.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, I thought all those reality cop shows got cancelled or pulled off the air, what will they even air?

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Has to be a stream thing. I'm cool with this if its the old G4 which I highly doubt its going to be. I did like some tech programs like screensavers and call for help. But attack of the show didn't do it for me.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
TechTV was my favorite channel in college. Then G4 bought them and ruined it all - still bitter about it. Screen savers was a great show, then G4 morphed it into AOTS, epitomizing many of the worst aspects of gamer culture.

fuck g4 bring back techtv
Required post...

QFT

All the good stuff came from TechTV.

If it ain't The Screensavers, X-Play, or Call For Help, then I'll pass.
G4 was garbage. TechTV was the good one. Bring them back, with all the old people. That'd get you X-Play too, which is where it came from. Heck, Kate Botello and Extended Play even.
Only if it came with UK Robot Wars episodes like the original TechTV did. Watched that shit endlessly.

I probably missed someone, if so, just join in.

#BringBackTechTV

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
Loved G4. Loved TechTV. The early G4TechTV days were okay but after that, I didn't like most of they shows they had.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I was young, TechTV and later G4 was the channel that wasn't available for me, but was for family who lived elsewhere, and I was always envious. A whole TV channel about video games was mind blowing and validating at the time. I'm curious what form this revival will take given we have, well the rest of the internet now, but I'm paying attention.

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
ZeLGbtX.png

Oct 25, 2017
Well... can't say I saw this coming. Most likely a streaming channel, no way in hell are they going back to TV.
Hopefully they don't get Tommy Tallarico to review games again. Legendary composer, utterly shit reviewer.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
What an interesting idea.
G4 was always so... unique, They tried so hard to be the hybrid gaming a tech channel ( If I had endless resources I would of launched TechTV2 YEARS AGO) but they never really found their niche.

It has to be a streaming thing. I am really curious if this a response to that VENN Channel that launches next week.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But with the COPS show cancelled what crappy show will they have endless reruns of?

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
You all seriously think they'd bring this back just to re-air Cops and Cheaters again? Still don't even know if this is going to be a TV channel.

I'm excited to see what they do and hope it has some of the soul that those great original couple years of G4 had.

Tempered expectations though.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I probably missed someone, if so, just join in.

#BringBackTechTV
Imagine ever praising the entity that absorbed and destroyed TechTV. I am baffled by the love G4 gets. Nearly everything that people liked about G4 came from ZDTV/TechTV.

I still listen to tons of TWiT podcasts and follow many other old TechTV hosts/bts staff (Patrick Norton, Robert Heron, Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, etc). Love those guys and gals.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care if Adam Sessler is back or not. I didn't watch much G4 back in the day, but what I did, I didn't like. To me, he made X-Play unwatchable. He was too obnoxious for me.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any details? I can't imagine cable tv being a viable option. Maybe some kind of deal with Twitch/YouTube?

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You know what... I'm in!
Lots of good memories watching their E3 coverage.
X-Play, Attack of the Show, Cinematech, Arena... Bring it all back.

I wonder if they'll get Victor Lucas for Electric Playground (check out his YouTube channel, it's really good).