• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
These iPad gestures are really throwing me off. I used the four finger swipe and pinch so much that changing the way it behaves is hard to get used to. I dunno, gestures work best for me when they're a very singular thing, using the same gesture for different things doesn't feel good.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
These iPad gestures are really throwing me off. I used the four finger swipe and pinch so much that changing the way it behaves is hard to get used to. I dunno, gestures work best for me when they're a very singular thing, using the same gesture for different things doesn't feel good.
Using the home indicator on the FaceID iPad will be great, but... yeah, some of this feels a little bit like sabotaging the UX of older devices.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I've found one big one so far. I have some TV shows that I ripped from DVDs and sync through iTunes. Whenever I try to watch them on my iPhone X (or even look at the episodes in the TV app), the phone hard crashes and goes to the lock screen. It doesn't happen with videos I bought from the iTunes Store, just files I have myself.

Also, the keyboard covering the text box made it hard to type this lol. Other than that, pretty solid.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Go to notifications, go to the app in question and turn off notification grouping. It's probably automatic right now.
Seems to be working as advertised for me.
Is the notification grouping supposed to be by app or by the sender? For example I noticed that texts from different people are not grouping up. I thought it would put all messages into one
That's what I'm wondering. The News app groups all notifications on a per-source basis. So all articles from each source are together. So I was wondering if it did the same thing for Messages because if it makes sense to do that anywhere, it's in Messages. And if it's available to third parties it should be used by FB Messenger when the time comes. But I have no way to test it out since I'm not a YouTuber with a hundred friends to send me messages.

It groups News by source if you use "Automatic" and all in one group if you use "By App" and of course there's also the option to not group an app at all.

Rolling back to 11.4. Can't stand the "now playing" widget bug on the lock screen.
What bug? The only one I notice is that that the Music widget is black on my lock screen while the notifications are white, but that might not even be a bug and I like it kind of.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
What bug? The only one I notice is that that the Music widget is black on my lock screen while the notifications are white, but that might not even be a bug and I like it kind of.

qvTrPrs.png

This black square persists on my lock screen no matter what. If I play music or a podcast, it simply drops a second widget in below it, meaning I have to scroll down every time I access my lock screen.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Updated and well, damn it's fast! No stuttering or delay at all with animations on my iPad 10.5". The gestures... eh, they need work to say the least. I've always used 4 fingers swipe up to go to multitasking, and now I have to pinch to reliably go to it instead of going to the home screen accidentally. Hope they change it before release, or at least give an option.

The control center is great, except for the fact there's so much wasted space. I understand that they're making it in unity with the iPhone X, but common. I know iOS 13 is supposed to change it a lot so I guess this is what we're stuck with for now.

I use my iPad exclusively in split keyboard mode, and the placement of the "globe" icon to change the keyboard is rather annoying. Had to disable all my other keyboards and dictation to not accidentally press it when trying to press the alt-keyboard. Hope they change that as well.

The status bar is what I pretty much did when I jailbroke my iPad, hah. Now I don't have to have a jailbreak to have it that way. Love having the day of the week there now.

Measuring app is pretty cool. I'll see myself using that a lot. Cool use of AR.

Overall, I'm gonna stay on the beta. Just the responsiveness is worth it for me. I don't mind bugs either as I stuck with buggy jailbreak tweaks over the years that caused many resprings. Probably will report some of my complaints I had here and hope.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Ios 12 keyboard blocks the message box on era for me. Anyone else have this issue? It automatically puts the box under the keyboard

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so i'm SUPER late but did everyone get used to the iOS 11 iPad keyboard with the exclamation/question mark on the front?

I just put iOS 12 on my iPad (coming from 10) and i'm shell shocked lol.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Run great on my iPad mini 2!

Keyboard waaaay more responsive than in iOS 11, apps seem to load pretty much the same speed.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I can scroll a bit on my X to show enough of the text box. I remember old betas having this issue as well, like iOS 11 or 10.

iamgone9828

Oct 29, 2017
For devs, yes. They don't do public betas because you can't roll back without mailing it to Apple

Which would be great if it didn't prompt for a nonexistent update for the Watch once you update to iOS 12, which effectively unpairs your Watch from your phone and forces you to reset it to factory settings.

Couple that with my iPad being stuck on the update process...I may be the only unimpressed person with this iOS 12 beta :( Never had such significant problems with previous versions' betas.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I'm trying to download to my iPad, but whenever I download the beta profile, it asks what I want to open it in, and I cannot find anything that will actually open it. Any help?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you use Apple Podcasts, that should already work. If you use a different app, you'll have to wait for the fall
Yeah, that's what I'm using but I don't see an option for it anywhere. Maybe in the next release or something. They may not have all the hooks in the Workflow app for their stock apps yet.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, like that should work natively. "Hey Siri, play the latest episode of Lovett or Leave It"
Right, but I wanted to add it to a workflow, so like "Hey Siri, I'm heading home" and it tells me the weather and such, including starting up the latest podcast I listen to. I remember seeing them demo it on stage. Maybe I'm just not doing the stuff right in Workflow. Lol

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right, but I wanted to add it to a workflow, so like "Hey Siri, I'm heading home" and it tells me the weather and such, including starting up the latest podcast I listen to. I remember seeing them demo it on stage. Maybe I'm just not doing the stuff right in Workflow. Lol

Oh, right. Yeah that's not enabled yet. Sorry! The Workflow app is getting replaced with the Shortcuts app in a later beta

Deleted member 4518

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are messages supposed to be grouped together, even if sent from a different person? It's not really grouping them like that. Also, sometimes when I press on a notification it won't do anything unless I force touch it

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the message bug still there when you add a photo to message from the shortcut and hit send the image disappears. Been like that for a year now

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the message bug still there when you add a photo to message from the shortcut and hit send the image disappears. Been like that for a year now

I have not had it in the beta thus far, but I'll be the first to admit that I didn't seem to get it as much as some others, though it did happen

Souless_PJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any trick to getting ScreenTime to register? I've toggled it off and back on but it's just blank and says "As you use your iPhone, screen time will be reported here"

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any trick to getting ScreenTime to register? I've toggled it off and back on but it's just blank and says "As you use your iPhone, screen time will be reported here"
It takes a little to populate. If you've used your phone for more than a few minutes and it is still empty... I guess that's a bug :p

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Updated my iPad and I enjoy the new gestures. I have an iPad Mini 4 and don't really notice any performance differences. It does seem less buggy than iOS 11 so far so that's good.

I'm tempted to update my 8 to get the gestures there but I don't want those pesky annoying bugs. Altought iOS 11 isn't that much of a smooth sailing...

Edit: you do get the gestures on the non X iPhones right?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Updated my iPad and I enjoy the new gestures. I have an iPad Mini 4 and don't really notice any performance differences. It does seem less buggy than iOS 11 so far so that's good.

I'm tempted to update my 8 to get the gestures there but I don't want those pesky annoying bugs. Altought iOS 11 isn't that much of a smooth sailing...

Edit: you do get the gestures on the non X iPhones right?
Nope, iPad only afaik. For now anyway. Which makes the whole thing so strange

That being said, my beloved "app icon persists out of place looking for a second" glitch after minimising an app still exists in the current PB. I guess this will never get fixed given that I've had it happen across three iPads on several stable and beta releases of two major versions now. Oh well

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only person who absolutely hates how music on the lock screen is treated like a notification? Maybe it's worse for me since I have a small screen with the SE, but I was hoping this new version would change this somehow, but they seem situated with anything playing being this big bubble that just hogs space for little reason.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Am I the only person who absolutely hates how music on the lock screen is treated like a notification? Maybe it's worse for me since I have a small screen with the SE, but I was hoping this new version would change this somehow, but they seem situated with anything playing being this big bubble that just hogs space for little reason.
No hate it as well and it's sad that they didn't improve on it. I want my big album cover with big buttons back.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Why haven't I seen the much appreciated addition of features in markup discussed anywhere? Color palette, different brush sizes and opacity etc.

Awesome! Just discovered this when I wanted to take anscreenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.