R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Disney arent gonna rehire him, not for that. Not after they fired Rosanne for a joke/tweet. If they start re-hiring people they fire, theyll be in a even bigger mess.
the circumstances of rosanne and gunn are quite different, I don't see how they are comparable at all besides twitter being the platform

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Disney arent gonna rehire him, not for that. Not after they fired Rosanne for a joke/tweet. If they start re-hiring people they fire, theyll be in a even bigger mess.

Roseanne is actually racist though. She kept going back on her apology and making excuses for her comments.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017

They fired Roseanne because she's a racist idiot and it finally caught up to her. The situations aren't as comparable as some would like them to be.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
But the precedent! And Disney already did the deed, so it would be impossible for other parties to approach him.
Turn around, disney, or the alt right wins.

Are things some superhero fans here would shout from the rooftops.

And look how dark a situation it became.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is there a widespread awareness of what's lying beneath the service? Many knew what Pizzagate was but didn't know who Mike Cernovich was or his background. I only came to know of him through an interview on 60 Minutes earlier in the year.

Publicly, the Gunn firing was prompted on the heels of #Metoo, but in truth, it seems more like payback stemming from the Roseanne situation a few months back.

How much of this is a known factor within the entertainment industry? I could see why they wouldn't acknowledge this if this were the case because on paper it sounds like such a goddamn conspiracy theory, but this is where we're at now.

At the very least, I'm glad David Bautista is speaking up, even if doesn't amount to anything in the long run. Are there any other celebrities engaged to what is going on, not just with the Gunn situation, but other bad faith attempts to besmirch celebrities by malicious parties who don't care about the issues they raise?

I recall someone on Breitbart slamming Sean Penn for using the term "faggot" in the 1980's, but meanwhile these people probably fret in private because they can't use that term without consequences in the present day.

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'd love to see what he could do with one of the DC IP's

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah - my gut's telling me he'll be back.

If I had to guess, I'd bet the delay comes down to optics. Immediately rehiring Gunn in response to external pressures would make Disney's executive board appear weak and easily susceptible to outside influence. Especially considering the widespread belief that firing Gunn so swiftly without any deliberation was a reactionary decision made out of fear.

In other words, if they do hire Gunn back, they'll want it to appear as if the decision was the result of thorough investigation and an ongoing internal dialogue rather than internet petitions and harshly worded editorials. They won't "decide" one way or another until after the think-pieces have begun to slow.

...and for what it's worth, if discussions regarding Gunn's future at Disney truly are still up in the air, it's entirely possible that this article is just another way of lighting a fire under Disney's ass. Just speculation obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of their sources came directly from within Gunn's inner circle.
I think it's pretty clear now that Gunn isn't coming back. The story is already going away.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
250px-Scooby_apocalypse_01.jpg

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Iit seems more like payback stemming from the Roseanne situation a few months back.

How much of this is a known factor within the entertainment industry?
That's really all this is, but not just about Roseanne, an outspoken director against Trump being taken down a peg or two by implying some Tweets are more than they are but an actual rapist.

I think Disney got taken for an absolute ride and, now, they know they did.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can't judge 2018 twitter standards on tweets from 2012 it really was a different internet era. Disney needs to cave. Because when Gunn becomes the DCEU feige they gonna be pissed

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You mean studios are interested in a filmmaker that past two movies grossed 1.4B? No way?!?!?

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe him being fired isnt bad for anyone involved. I dont want him to become a GotG factory. It would be interesting to see him play with some DC stuff. Especially Suicide Squad.

I think vol. 3 was pretty clearly going to be the conclusion to a trilogy and Gunn was going to move on after. Makes it all the more disheartening that he was fired this close to the finish line.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I do recall him saying on his twitter at one point that he would be interested in doing Ninja Turtles, and I would have to assume that it would have been better than the Michael Bay versions. Maybe he would have involved Henson to some degree again (although maybe not since Rocket and Groot were fully CGI).

Though I also wonder if any DC characters would work for him.

Saying all that though I still hope Marvel can sort things out and he comes back for GOTG 3.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Which ever way this situation lands, I hope rapist Mike Cernovich wallows in the failure of his shitty smear tactics.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He also most likely wrote whatever guardian and rocket dialogue in Avengers 4 and will get a producer credit for it

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the issue is the SAG and legal issues. Gunn was contracted to do 3, and its how much disney is going to pay him. If they use the GOT 3 script they have to pay him even more. In reality if Disney just STFU for 3 days and ignored the gunn thing like everyone expected it wouldn't have blown up like this

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, is this surprising? Two well known rapists, who happen to be good directors, have been getting work for decades and that's not likely to change.

I'm not trying to compare Gunn to a rapist, but just showing that Hollywood is willing to give people work if they are good at what they do, regardless as to what questionable thing they may have done in their personal lives. Obviously the jokes that Gunn told, although inappropriate, does not compare to this other shit.

I hope this firing is a blessing in disguise and Gunn gets to work on his dream project whatever that is (hopefully that wasn't gotg)

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Only movie from Gunn i'll watch is a do up of the 80's era Legion of Super Heroes. That grungy hellfuck universe with all the snark and inside jokes from our boy Kieth Giffen, he might do it right. Maybe.