• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Two sources say there is a hope through the talks that Gunn could return in some fashion, even if it's to develop and direct another Marvel movie. "An end-all verdict hasn't been issued and conversations with Marvel are still ongoing," says one source familiar with the proceedings.

This is text book studio spin. Disney are clearly aware of the controversy and are trying to satiate those criticising them by saying "Who knows what the future will bring?".

We know what the future will bring, Gunn will never work for Disney again.

He's been working in Hollywood, successfully, for decades (he made a fortune as a script doctor and wrote big studio films like the first Scooby Doo film for WB) and he'll continue getting big gigs off the back of GOTG so he'll be fine.

Disney are just hoping that this whole thing fades away now.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
An end all verdict hasn't been issued? Bullshit, they said they were effectively cutting all ties with Gunn immediately in their initial press release.

Disney are backpedalling so hard at this point. If they're going to keep him around to do a different marvel movie, then why not just go the whole hog and reinstate him on Guardians 3?
Isn't Iger still on vacation? He will make the final choice

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If Gunn's going DC, I would think a Vertigo property would be more up his alley. Maybe Fables or 100 Bullets. Too much cape shit from DC as far as films go.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Disney rehiring Gunn for something other than GotG3 would be stupid, but would still ultimately send the message they don't care about right-lead hate campaigns; and also ultimately make the Big Cheese look like a fucking hypocrite to basically everyone who didn't already notice they are. So I'll take it. Again, this was always bigger than Gunn or GotG itself. So good on other studios themselves putting pressure on Disney like this.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing has been a real shit show. Disney fucked things up far more than I thought they possibly could. But if this is really how this all turns out, that's fine. Gunn should not have had his career destroyed by Cernovich and his trolls.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking that a James Gunn Green Lantern movie would probably be the best thing ever.

6062776-hal+jordan+and+the+green+lantern+corps+%282016-%29+026-014.jpg

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Justice league dark would be a rad fucking choice.

Ideally tho he'd do that or green lantern, I mean he obviously knows how to do the cosmic comic movie. Batista as killawog is a good choice too.

Oct 30, 2017
You mean a guy who made a well recieved billion dollar franchise of a space opera based of a comic IP the public barely knew about in a more stylised atypical fun fashion let go by a garbage corporation that tried to play "image" card after the fact bending over to the alt-right is highly wanted by other studios?!

OMG! How can that be?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
These things can definitely result in poisoning someone's career.... but for this one in particular, everyone seems to be like "nah, I'd work with him".
No, most people saw this coming, the rabbid people in those early threads insisted his life was ruined.

Example.

This whole thing has been a real shit show. Disney fucked things up far more than I thought they possibly could. But if this is really how this all turns out, that's fine. Gunn should not have had his career destroyed by Cernovich and his trolls.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Weird, why are they still holding on to Gunn?

Clearly because they've realised they've done goofed, and they're trying to find a way out of this mess while saving face.

They've gone from issuing a press release saying all ties to Gunn were immediately cut to saying that, actually, no end-all order has been issued. If they keep him on, without having him back on Guardians 3, it would be such a worm move.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gunn has influenced and changed every Marvel movie since GOTG released, and even other movies like Star Trek Beyond.

I don't mind him moving on to other projects and working on something new.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I figured he would be. Good director, well respected in the industry. The Guardians movies showed he has the chops to make something big and make it well.

Excited to see what he works on next. Hoping for a return to horror honestly.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly because they've realised they've done goofed, and they're trying to find a way out of this mess while saving face.

They've gone from issuing a press release saying all ties to Gunn were immediately cut to saying that, actually, no end-all order has been issued. If they keep him on, without having him back on Guardians 3, it would be such a worm move.
It seems pretty clear that either his contract has a lot of loose ends or Disney is trying to get him back. Otherwise he'd be out on the market.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I want Gunn to do a sequel to Super featuring Rainn Wilson brutally murdering a bunch of alt-right trolls who seek to destroy the lives of left-leaning Twitter users.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
If Gunn goes to WB DCEU: Suicide Squad and fix the entire thing.

If Gunn remains in Marvel and in charge of Marvel Cosmic: NOVA.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Horn is probably too egotistical to back down despite the backlash.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Falling upward implies a failure. Getting fired because some Alt-right mob targets you isn't a failure.
Exactly, the whole term is used for when someone keeps putting out shitty movies and yet they keep 'falling upwards' and getting more jobs. Gunn hasn't failed and he hasn't fallen.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If he is cut, i hope he moves on to something much more interesting than another comic book franchise. The man's so effortlessly creative, let's put that mind towards some original content.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Lets all be honest this has been a rollercoaster over the past 3 weeks! Crazy its going onto 4 weeks of all this news