• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Infinity to Offer Live Online Game Service - Bloomberg

Assassin's Creed, a video game franchise set in huge worlds where each one can take hundreds of hours to complete, is getting even bigger. A new project, which is known inside Ubisoft Entertainment SA by the code name Assassin's Creed Infinity, sets out to create a massive online platform that evolves over time, according to people familiar with its development.

Whereas previous Assassin's Creed games each unfolded in specific historical settings such as ancient Greece or Ptolemaic Egypt, Infinity will contain multiple settings with room to expand to others in the months and years following its debut, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing a project under development. Individual games on the platform might look and feel different, but they will all be connected.

EDIT: Officially announced by Ubisoft

Last edited:

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
What in the world? Way to bury the lead, several men charged with abuse are still in charge? Wtf.

To comment on live service, I don't see how they can do it...

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much every major franchise seems to be moving to this now.

I fully expect them to use Asia as the first setting to draw people in.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I felt this way after Valhalla, but I guess I am finally done with this franchise.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Well then this sucks. The idea sounds intriguing but the alleged abusers still being in charge fucking sucks.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
That will probably make me drop the game and I've been casually enjoying my bloat simulator trying to ignore the service shit as best as I can.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, as long as we get the sweet multiplayer back, I'm good. That one mode where one team is the hunter and the other team is the prey was so much fun.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So like assassin's guild portion of the games but actually playable?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ah yes, now we see what this "big changes at Ubisoft" was, just pushing for live service even more.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Hahahahaha, wow. People complained about Assassin's Creed games being too long, and now the new game will NEVER end! JFC Ubisoft.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well they were already going away from the style of game that I liked, so I guess I'm just done with AC. Hard to see this type of game having the type of narrative I'm looking for.

An update on the Ubisoft toxic environment
OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, the article also has an update on the harassment and toxic behaviour inside Ubisoft, here's a little snip:

Last month, the French union Solidaires Informatique said at least three Ubisoft managers in Montreal had been accused of "harassment or toxic behavior" and that employees had reported other claims of racism and sexism to human resources "without anything being done."

The Ubisoft spokeswoman declined to comment on individual cases. "Any employee that had allegations and remain at Ubisoft has had their case rigorously reviewed by a third party and were either exonerated or underwent appropriate disciplinary actions," she said. "Employees who have been under investigation would not remain at Ubisoft if results of investigations warranted termination."

Nov 2, 2018
Ass Creed Live Service is a no for me.

Am I mad or would Mass Effect work really as a live service game. Basically make the main game as a new entry then two years of end game content updated periodically with new missions, new dialogue, combat arenas and on?

May 25, 2019
London
I would think this would be organized like Destiny (not saying it will have Destiny coop or PvP elements) - but just that there will be something like the director, you go into a time period and do stuff, then jump to another

If they do it right you would go get an item or piece of info from Ancient Rome that you could then use in the renaissance period or something

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to see the map. Five hours to cross it and million question marks.

Mar 23, 2018
Valhalla was my swan song it would seem. This franchise is just getting way too massive and out of control. I get that's it's cool to have a massive world, but when 95% of it is just area that I have to travel across, it's exhausting and long for virtually no reason other than padding. Would love a smaller 30 hour AC game again.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
They've made a huge mistake and shot themselves in the foot. I don't know if any of you know about honor, etc.