SaltySakura

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Jazz-Era,
I have been hooked on Soul and Funk for half of my life. In the last few years i am getting into jazz with a heavy focus on late 60s and 70s stuff. I absolutely love this track from Herbie Hancocks 'Fat Albert Rotunda' Album ( i can't believe i didn't buy this on wax when i saw the german pressing of this gem a few years back)

Last edited:

BaconLazers

Nov 6, 2017
Waiting for the new protocol 4 album to come out in the UK. Any one with thoughts on the protocol albums. I loved everyone so far.

OP
OP
ODD

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this counts as jazz. Does it? Anyway, it's awesome nonetheless...

Txai

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dixieland jazz is my favorite kind. Melodic, uplifting and versatile instrumentation.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This track from Cowboy Bebop is a mix of jazz and world I guess, but I love it.

What genre would this be? The first part reminds me of blade runners ost before the ahhaiyaiyah begins.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Posting so I can give a listen to all the music shared here. I enjoy jazz but I don't know much about jazz artists and stuff.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017

I thought some of you would enjoy this rendition of Summertime by Joe Pass and Oscar Peterson.

Peterson plays the clavichord in this!

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my favorite song from one of my favorite Japanese Jazz fusion bands. This song always gives me the feels:

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on this tune myself and Ella is my favorite rendition I've heard so far.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
This track from Cowboy Bebop is a mix of jazz and world I guess, but I love it.

[]

What genre would this be? The first part reminds me of blade runners ost before the ahhaiyaiyah begins.

It kinda fits in with something probably called space jazz lol. If your into that slow jazz sound chevk these out.

Tbh, the Seatbelts are one of my favorite bands because theyre so unique. Theyre like a melancholic Snarky Puppy

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
It kinda fits in with something probably called space jazz lol. If your into that slow jazz sound chevk these out.

Tbh, the Seatbelts are one of my favorite bands because theyre so unique. Theyre like a melancholic Snarky Puppy

Yeah I've been listening to the Seatbelts/ a lot of Yoko Kanno lately. Really great stuff.

Thanks for these, definitely the right kind of mood. I like most melodic jazz of any tempo, sometimes I want the slow sounds. Also space jazz just sounds cool lol

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Yeah I've been listening to the Seatbelts/ a lot of Yoko Kanno lately. Really great stuff.

Thanks for these, definitely the right kind of mood. I like most melodic jazz of any tempo, sometimes I want the slow sounds. Also space jazz just sounds cool lol

The Motets album Dig Deep is a funkified version of Yoko Kannos GITS sac Ost

le-seb

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in love with this. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you like it. :)

I really love their mix of jazz and ambient electronica, and was lucky enough to see them live with Fontella Bass before she passed away.

They've also made a great track with rapper Roots Manuva, that I'll let you find out since I'm limited to two vids.

Because there's nothing I love more than fusion jazz, have some Jacques Schwartz-Bart:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you guys dont mind a little animu, but I realky like the soundtrack to this show.