• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is this really not coming to PC?
I feel like I've been waiting years for it at this point.
Not yet. Stadia exclusive for an unknown number of months. I'm hoping for some nice mods once the game hits PC (it'll happen), original Hamura is a shoe in, if they can get the look of the game back to the PS4 version I'll be very happy. But I'd also probably be gambling with QLOC doing a competent port, odds are... not good.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It'll come, it's just gonna be a Stadia exclusive for a few months first like Panzer Dragoon Remake was.
Not yet. Stadia exclusive for an unknown number of months. I'm hoping for some nice mods once the game hits PC (it'll happen), original Hamura is a shoe in, if they can get the look of the game back to the PS4 version I'll be very happy. But I'd also probably be gambling with QLOC doing a competent port, odds are... not good.
Guess I'll continue to wait then :(

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Just sold my PS4 copy since I havent played much. Between this, Resi and Nier it should be a great month of May :3

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Did they say anything about HDR? I finished Yakuza 7 recently (ps5 next gen version) and absolutely loved it and its probably my favorite game this year but weirdly I believe no HDR in that game, even in the next gen version which ran at 60 fps, looked gorgeous, and load times were insanely fast.

I plat'd Judgment and enjoyed the game but not enough to ever replay it, I'd put it near the back of my Yakuza favorites game list.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of an upgrade path is so, so stupid. If they think I'm buying this game twice they're crazy.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
No free upgrade? Huge thumbs down, would've enjoyed playing through this again on PS5 but buying it again is gonna be a big nope from me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if the (cheaper) Japanese release can be played in English?
There's a chance, assuming if the game reads the language/region the console is set to and puts it in English according to that (I know the Xbox releases of the Yakuza games do that). I have a friend getting it this week, I'll ask him.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Looks like they put some effort into the next gen upgrade, when they do this I guess they can charge and get away with it.

Any Yakuza games missing on Xbox now?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Looks like they put some effort into the next gen upgrade, when they do this I guess they can charge and get away with it.

Fist of the North Star is the only one if you want to count that. But I doubt that this will ever be ported due to licensing.

And Yakuza Dead Souls, which is a spin off on PS3.

Hope they will finally port Kenzan and Ishin.

Aug 14, 2020
Not sure if I'll be playing this again but it is a very good game. Surprisingly emotional story too with some real powerful moments. Hope new players enjoy!

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
We don't talk about dead souls.

What we really need are the non western released ones though. Like Ishin and Kenzan

I'd be interested in seeing Black Panther as a budget HD 'remaster' drop on PS4 and all of the other usual platforms.

Ishin and Kenzan definitely deserve the Kiwami treatment.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
No free upgrade and no save transfer is so fucking dumb. Whyyyyy?

I haven't finished Judgment but am kind of far in. I wanted that sweet 60fps.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Effort how? Its no different to what they did with 7 and that was a free upgrade (on PS5). Only difference now is some mini games (might be) missing, the game looks worse stylistically, but hey at least the FPS is way better.

As for missing Yakuza games, plenty:

Main games:
Yakuza 1&2 HD (no, Kiwami 1&2 dont count in my book, both original games are different enough that they deserve proper ports in the same way RE3 especially deserves a proper port to current gen)

Spin offs:
Kurohyou 1&2 - PSP games that take place in Kamurocho and Sotenbori. Features a mostly new cast (main character is a punk named Tatsuya) however some characters make guest appearances - like Florist. The dev team that did the good Def Jam games did the combat in these two. They are fantastic.

Kenzan - the first PS3 game. Amazing samurai game that is one of the best games in the series (I rank it as the best in the series). Fantastic story, great combat, lots of unique mini games that never get used again, amazing soundtrack, some hilarious side stories. A remaster would be nice but a remake I fear would butcher the game in the same way Kiwami 2 was a somewhat unsatisfying remake of 2 (not a bad game, just a bad remake)

Ishin - another samurai game. Again, amazing game that leans heavy on the fan service (basically, play this after 1-5). Soundtracks, characters etc. all reference the previous games heavily, but it also has a great story with a mainly great cast (cast wise is actually a bit bloated because you get characters show up for brief moments). Great combat that's a mix of traditional Yakuza (unhanded) and weapon based Yakuza. Again, like Kenzan it has a number of exclusive mini games that aren't used in newer games.

Yakuza Dead Souls - zombie spinoff, not a good game but a fun Yakuza game. Its got decent production values but the aiming and especially the performance is pretty bad. A remaster would polish up the performance issues at least.

Fist of the North Star - technically a Yakuza spinoff (it blends the two series together). Great combat (best in the series), but a pretty barren story that doesnt do the original source material justice. Its a short game that unfortunately pads itself out a bit too much with the completion list, but the actual fights and story stuff in the game are fantastic.

RGG Online - ok, its a mobile (and PC) game. But technically it counts as it is its own spinoff of the Yakuza canon that is independant of 7. Some cool side content that adds to plot in older games, but its not great otherwise.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I am still sad that i bought the ps4 version one or two week before these version. If it wasn't an import version ( uk or us but i live in france), i would have sold it.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just got home from work to find it's been delivered (PS5 version via Game Collection) - will test in an hour or two

Edit: Reversible cover is nice enough. You get another RGG sticker as well (the one on my PS5 is from Yakuza LAD

aEuTu8L.jpg

If there's a day 1 update, it isn't live yet. Full install 30.21GB, version 1.000.000

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be interested in seeing Black Panther as a budget HD 'remaster' drop on PS4 and all of the other usual platforms.

Ishin and Kenzan definitely deserve the Kiwami treatment.

I'd say more kiwami 2, my god the jump from kiwami 1 to 2 is insane. Especially with these new consoles it should hold fine at 60fps. In fact there are definitely details in kiwami 2 I've noticed that seem above like a dragon.

I'm actually going through kiwami 2 right now for the first time, this game is gorgeous

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just got home from work to find it's been delivered (PS5 version via Game Collection) - will test in an hour or two

Edit: Reversible cover is nice enough. You get another RGG sticker as well (the one on my PS5 is from Yakuza LAD

aEuTu8L.jpg
Good to see that cover :) Could you do me a favour when you test the game and confirm a couple of things for me (as I dont have access to the game yet).

For the completion list, are you able to see what arcade games are included? (there were some mumblings about the arcade getting "changed").

Also, if you can access the completion list could you check to see if the Puyo requirement of beating all characters is still a thing?

Could you check to see if Don Quixote's song is cut (I assume it would have to be)

And lastly, could you check to see if the pinball mini game is cut or not? (its in Yagami's office, but should also be listed in the completion list.

I'd say more kiwami 2, my god the jump from kiwami 1 to 2 is insane. Especially with these new consoles it should hold fine at 60fps. In fact there are definitely details in kiwami 2 I've noticed that seem above like a dragon.

I'm actually going through kiwami 2 right now for the first time, this game is gorgeous
Gonna have to disagree with that. Graphics aren't everything. Kiwami 2 does a bad job of doing 2's combat in the new engine. I dont want to think about how they'd ruin Kurohyou 1&2's combat with the overly weighty and physics based combat of the Dragon Engine.
Also, if the jump to a newer engine means they'd change the cutscenes from the animated manga pages of the PSP version to FMV's from the console games... I can see a big number of cutscenes getting downgraded (in a way) where previously stylish comic cutscenes are replaced with two character models standing still, talking. No thanks. Granted I can't say for sure it would happen, but seeing how Kiwami 1 already did that with certain side stories... I don't like to imagine what they might do to the PSP games ;(

Then there's also the argument that while Kiwami 2 looks newer and "better" it also messes up certain scenes by making silly changes - time of day being changed for no good reason, characters being aged up by a good 20 years to push a famous actor, that horrid green filter that's all over Kamurocho which makes it look pretty horrid.

Last edited:

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see that cover :) Could you do me a favour when you test the game and confirm a couple of things for me (as I dont have access to the game yet).

For the completion list, are you able to see what arcade games are included? (there were some mumblings about the arcade getting "changed").

Also, if you can access the completion list could you check to see if the Puyo requirement of beating all characters is still a thing?

Could you check to see if Don Quixote's song is cut (I assume it would have to be)

And lastly, could you check to see if the pinball mini game is cut or not? (its in Yagami's office, but should also be listed in the completion list.

Will have a look later through these no problem, don't have much time now as heading for food

FWIW, on the title screen Arcade selection wise it looks like this

zbYupna.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Will have a look later through these no problem, don't have much time now as heading for food

FWIW, on the title screen Arcade selection wise it looks like this

zbYupna.jpg

Thanks a ton for posting that :) That's actually a bit of news in itself - Virtua Fighter 2 was never in Judgment originally (it was in 5, Kiwami 2 and 7). Let the speculation begin - what does it replace! (if anything!)

*edit* Looking at another site, the Sega VS section before had VF5, FV and Puyo. Puyo cut for the remaster? If so, guess all the compainers got their wish. RGGS listened to the requests to remove the completion list requirement by cutting the mini game completely!

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This is taking 20 mins to install from the disc, thats a first for me on PS5?

Finished it on PS4 but couldn't pass up an updated version. Gonna dive back in

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
*edit* Looking at another site, the Sega VS section before had VF5, FV and Puyo. Puyo cut for the remaster? If so, guess all the compainers got their wish. RGGS listened to the requests to remove the completion list requirement by cutting the mini game completely!

QLOC did the port, they probably just forgot 😂

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Judgement is the best story in the yakuza franchise and as a spin off its mostly stand alone with only the barest minimum of reference to the main series, a very good jumping in point.
Is zero updated for ps5 at all?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, technically its not the exact same game so that's why at least cross save isn't there. Virtua Fighter 2 was never in the PS4 version, so the PS4 save wouldn't work. Also, if Pinball is indeed cut, that would make importing a PS4 save a problem (I assume)
I'll leave it up to you all to decide if the changes make this new JE worth a second purchase (for me? Technically no but there's no way I'd pass on a 60FPS upgrade, then again I own like 4 versions of Yakuza 7 so Im hardly qualified to judge!)

J75

Sep 29, 2018
No performance options is a tad strange after Like a Dragon had them on PS5/Series S/X, but no biggie for me. I was always going to choose the 60FPS mode anyways. Can't wait, hurry up with the digital pre order page darn it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Don't know, not dug into the game yet as out and about - those are just the four listed on the title VS screen

Options wise, it's barebones - no performance graphic variants in case people were wondering, though probably weren't expected
Huh, I figured it would just be 1440p/60 or 2160p/30 like LAD

Any impressions on how it looks? LAD was noticeably aliased at 1440p

Really odd that the store page for this hasn't gone up on Xbox
Hasn't on PS5 either; most likely midnight or at like 2pm on the day

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Gonna wait for proper comparisons before deciding whether I want this or not. The initial screens comparison between PS4 and PS5 were disappointing.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Looking forward to this but just finished Yakuza 7 so need to give it some time. I find these games kinda exhausting if I play them close together.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

aEuTu8L.jpg

If there's a day 1 update, it isn't live yet. Full install 30.21GB, version 1.000.000
Reverseable cover? Neat. Does it have text on the spine?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, I figured it would just be 1440p/60 or 2160p/30 like LAD

Any impressions on how it looks? LAD was noticeably aliased at 1440p

7nzfckY.jpg

ZXudTle.jpg

My phone shots won't do anything justice and sadly I'm not a graphics connoisseur, but it looks and feels pretty damn nice - no obvious issues to my eyes, though as a feeling I think image quality in LAD was better

60fps feels good and no obvious drops yet

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, thanks for posting some screens. Good to hear that its FPS is solid so far. Just to check - are the cutscenes all 60FPS as well? (because some Yakuza games have a mix of 30/60FPS cutscenes). There's a couple of early cutscenes in Judgment that are pretty juddery on the PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
7nzfckY.jpg

ZXudTle.jpg

My phone shots won't do anything justice and sadly I'm not a graphics connoisseur, but it looks and feels pretty damn nice - no obvious issues to my eyes, though as a feeling I think image quality in LAD was better

60fps feels good and no obvious drops yet
Thanks for the picture!

I can't really see if they did add back the filter or not because the picture isn't a direct one but it does look pretty nice from the picture.

Hopefully it is in and the trailer was rushed.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great, thanks for posting some screens. Good to hear that its FPS is solid so far. Just to check - are the cutscenes all 60FPS as well? (because some Yakuza games have a mix of 30/60FPS cutscenes). There's a couple of early cutscenes in Judgment that are pretty juddery on the PS4.

As far as I can tell it's smooth and feels 60fps throughout cutscenes and what I've seen so far, but don't beat me if DF tell you different :) - I've not played much yet and I never played it on PS4. I've only played 0, Kiwami 1,2, 6 and 7.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell it's smooth and feels 60fps throughout cutscenes and what I've seen so far, but don't beat me if DF tell you different :) - I've not played much yet and I never played it on PS4. I've only played 0, Kiwami 1,2, 6 and 7.
Excellent. That's what I expected but good to know.

Is it worth it for PS4 (pro) if you love Yakuza 0 - 6?
Absolutely. I'd rate it just below 7 in terms of new Yakuza games released last gen. Its finally the game that does the new engine proud after 6 and Kiwami 2 were sorta non starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.