Status
Not open for further replies.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anything been added to this version? I heard that the Unity pinball game might have been axed altogether, so I was curious to see if there are additions, and not just some subtractions.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
There's no trophy support on mine at all, played most of chapter 1 last night and only just realised. Very strange.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be both English and Japanese audio? If so, which is the recommended?
Both. I'd go with the Japanese voice track myself but others like it in English.

Has anything been added to this version? I heard that the Unity pinball game might have been axed altogether, so I was curious to see if there are additions, and not just some subtractions.
Pinball is apparently gone based on the tweets from a few months back, no word on what if anything replaces it. Screen shots on one of the newer pages in this thread (either 14 or 15) shows that the Sega Vs Option screen has replaced Puyo with Virtua Fighter 2 so make of that what you will. Trophy list while not revealing specifics basically states that everything else should still be in I believe but in the case of arcade stuff its just "play all the arcade games" so we'll see. Kamuro of the Dead still has its trophy so that stays thankfully, loved that mini game.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone get it on Xbox? My post has been and my copy didn't arrive so I'm trying to install it from the app but I can't find it at all.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I have the PS4 version but could be tempted to double dip for the PS5 version (idiot, I know). However, the screens released a while ago looked worse to my eyes (despite the increased resolution). I'll be very interested to see how they really compare.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I am pleasantly surprised that Yakuza games are being sold in physical format on Xbox. Yakuza LAD was the first game I played on my SeriesX, and now Judgment is also coming out too.

This was unthinkable back in 2013/2014

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I am pleasantly surprised that Yakuza games are being sold in physical format on Xbox. Yakuza LAD was the first game I played on my SeriesX, and now Judgment is also coming out too.

This was unthinkable back in 2013/2014
Yakuza 5 in the west alone seemed unthinkable in 2013. We have come a looong way.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I cannot for the life of me find this game to buy it digitally on the Xbox store. I type Judgment and get nothing. Does anybody have a link to send me or something? Or is it not available in the Xbox store yet?

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
I'm already committed to RE Village next, but dang it'd be nice to play Judgment again with a smooth framerate and...well, just to play it again really. Awesome game. I hit up every indoor smoking room I could find lol

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Too soon for me , I finished Judgement on PS4 right before the PS5 came out. I'm gonna wait for a sale, hopefully they give you some sort of reward for having PS4 data.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me find this game to buy it digitally on the Xbox store. I type Judgment and get nothing. Does anybody have a link to send me or something? Or is it not available in the Xbox store yet?
This appears to be the type of release that appears on release day. You also can't preorder it on PSN. While it's unusual for a bigger release it's not uncommon for smaller titles to not have preorders available.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

This guy seems to be in the know potentially? I think he reviews games so for those looking to buy digitally, it might release on the store tomorrow

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
No free upgrade and no save transfer is so fucking dumb. Whyyyyy?

I haven't finished Judgment but am kind of far in. I wanted that sweet 60fps.

Yea, I'm in the same boat. Not finished with the PS4 version and held off playing it because I wanted to play on PS5 in 60fps. But, no upgrade or save transfer on with the PS5 version is a hard pass...

sw26

Oct 27, 2017
Got my physical PS5 copy earlier (UK).

Now to decide whether to play this now or wait until later in my Yakuza series journey (4 next on the list).

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Stadia but no PC?

No free upgrade path?

Meanwhile Yakuza 7 had a free upgrade path, but for some stupid reason no cross-transfer save

WTH are these devs doing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS5 copy, playing it right now. Posting a couple of changes I note:

Ezg7iGjX0AMHZ0C

Here's Yagami's office. The shitty Unity pinball game is gone. Checking the completion list, I spy something new: "Get 3 million points on Outrun in the office". So basically, Outrun (missing in PS4 JE) has been added to replace Pinball. That's what I call an upgrade.

However...
Ezg70MGXEAU1py6

This is not an upgrade. VF2 replaces Puyo Puyo... I blame both the people porting, and everyone who went overboard with the completion list complaining for Puyo. Should have replaced the completion list requirement, not cut the damn mini game completely.

Otherwise, game runs great. Super smooth. Still not sure about the lighting/colour change. Still think it looks inferior to the PS4 version in a way. But on the other hand, its way sharper/clearer, loads insanely quick... I think this is probably gonna be the better version for next gen upgrades alone. But if you have the PS4 version already Id think about waiting or passing on it unless you want that 60FPS.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and for anyone who wanted an easier trophy list, this is now easier. VF2 requirements are your standard "use everyone" and "clear all stages" (Jeff cheeze method should work) so that'll certainly be easier than doing Puyo for sure.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Played the first hour, it looks cleaner than Like a dragon; either AA is actually being used or it's a higher resolution? Or I'm talking out my ass because I can't compare to native 4k

Also, is Yagami voiced by the guy that did Nanba? Goddamn he sounds familiar lol

Game doesn't support activities either, would have been nice to have an activity for loading your save. Takes about 30 seconds from the OS to load into your save

23rd for those wanting digital

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018

Ezg7iGjX0AMHZ0C

Here's Yagami's office. The shitty Unity pinball game is gone. Checking the completion list, I spy something new: "Get 3 million points on Outrun in the office". So basically, Outrun (missing in PS4 JE) has been added to replace Pinball. That's what I call an upgrade.

However...
Ezg70MGXEAU1py6

This is not an upgrade. VF2 replaces Puyo Puyo... I blame both the people porting, and everyone who went overboard with the completion list complaining for Puyo. Should have replaced the completion list requirement, not cut the damn mini game completely.

Otherwise, game runs great. Super smooth. Still not sure about the lighting/colour change. Still think it looks inferior to the PS4 version in a way. But on the other hand, its way sharper/clearer, loads insanely quick... I think this is probably gonna be the better version for next gen upgrades alone. But if you have the PS4 version already Id think about waiting or passing on it unless you want that 60FPS.
Thanks for your feedback. What about Motor Raid ? :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
One more change to note. And this should come as no surprise (and easily modded back in once that PC port inevitably happens) - Don Quixote's song is gone. Boo-urns.

Otherwise, I had to drag myself away from spending all nice playing it. Its still legit one of the best Yakuza games and 60FPS alone makes this worthwhile for me. I'll definitely be 100%ing this soon all over again!

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Ezg7iGjX0AMHZ0C

Who would play Outrun on this thing ?

I think the pinball was more fitting, but nothing is really lost.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The machine is probably swapped out once Outrun is unlocked (however that works). I'm torn on the change because I dont like content getting removed (see my Puyo comments) but at the same time... that Pinball machine was really bad. And seeing that Unity splash screen before starting it? Really jarring.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

Ezg7iGjX0AMHZ0C

However...
Ezg70MGXEAU1py6

Puyo Puyo got release on release of Ps5, probably explain that change. I'm not mad, the pindball machine was kind of neat.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Puyo Puyo got release on release of Ps5, probably explain that change. I'm not mad, the pindball machine was kind of neat.
Not really explaining the change. Puyo Puyo got plenty of releases over the years (I can get it on PS4 as well in many flavours), and yet it wasn't a problem then but somehow is now?

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Nice, I had the same kitchen towel in Japan.

No news on any original coloring option as in PS4 version?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The machine is probably swapped out once Outrun is unlocked (however that works). I'm torn on the change because I dont like content getting removed (see my Puyo comments) but at the same time... that Pinball machine was really bad. And seeing that Unity splash screen before starting it? Really jarring.

I'm also not a fan of changed content, but i understand it can happen with a new release.
They gave something different instead, so that is nice.
As long as content will not get patched out of bought games, i'm ok with it. I hope that will never become a thing.

If there will be a real Outrun arcade at the office, it is surely a big improvement to a pinball, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.