• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Almost forgot its Dickinson vs Sekimoto this month at Americarana.

MEAT MOUNTAIN MATCH.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
VoW reporting that Impact is probably moving to AXS TV

Could be a while though because there are some hold-ups

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Better than Pursuit and you have other pro-wrestling on the channel unlike something like Destination America (which is comparable in households I believe).

Not going to make them a major player, but I can see them surviving on AXS if they're getting a favorable deal from Cuban.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lanza mentions that the move was supposed to happen in a few weeks after Slammiversary, but outside factors have delayed it. It's still possible the deal doesn't get done, but Impact seems to think it will.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ActiveAgedCommabutterfly-small.gif

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, good for Impact if they can get that TV deal done. That will give us five North American promotions active on TV (WWE, AEW, ROH & MLW being the other 4) and will add some fun for the possible ship jumping between the lot.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, good for Impact if they can get that TV deal done. That will give us five North American promotions active on TV (WWE, AEW, ROH & MLW being the other 4) and will add some fun for the possible ship jumping between the lot.
No one is going to jump ship to Impact unless its all they have left.

ROH is nice I guess if you don't mind wrestling in empty arenas while waiting for NJPW to notice you.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
No one is going to jump ship to Impact unless its all they have left.

ROH is nice I guess if you don't mind wrestling in empty arenas while waiting for NJPW to notice you.

Madison Rayne left ROH for Impact, which tells you a lot about their women's division. Its good for people to have a group like Impact when they fall through the cracks of larger groups.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally caught up on the threads!

I watched Fyter Fest with my kids, but they didn't make it to the main event. They watch WWE too, but almost always ask to "just see who wins", which means fast forward after the entrances. But for both DoN and FF, they were engaged and interested and my 9 year old even said "I think AEW is going to do good because the wrestling is better". Other things I noted, my kids LOVED Jungle Boy. He's got something innate that really hit with them. They love Yuka. They love Darby Allin. They also were absolutely laughing their asses off at the Jebailey/Nakazawa match. Overall, I enjoyed the show and am hyped for the next one.

Only bad part, and this was on me not the show, was when my kids asked questions after the MJF promo. "What's virginity?".....ask me later.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

I would call AAA and CMLL "active on TV"

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has any channel ever had two different wrestling programs airing before? Big win for Impact.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Most new themes at Fyter Fest are instantly forgettable. I never had high hopes for themes when they started announcing people involved but I had hoped to be surprised and proved wrong.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
They need to sort out the sound mixing of the entrance themes because they all sounded like ass regardless of how good they were.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Good/Serviceable music in AEW:
Cody, Hangman, Bucks, Omega, Brandi, SCU, Britt Baker, Darby, Moxley

Jungle Boy and Best Friends' music seems tolerable out of the Mikey Rukus stuff, although that might just be they both have great intro videos.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw Fyter fest start to finish. This was the first time I have ever seen The Young Bucks and well...I guess they are an acquired taste. Too lackadaisical for my liking. They lack intensity.

I liked a bunch of stuff. Private Party was a fun tag team. The triple threat Woman's match was impressive. MJW and Hangman seem like good workers. Jungle boy was fun. Darby Allen and Janella have some crazy moves and selling. I liked Kenny Omegas move set (I have never seen him before). And Moxley is crazy.

All I got from Young Bucks was "Lolz we are wrestlers, see my moves." I guess that's their gimmick.

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017

Tidbit from Kevin Owens on Lilian Garcia's podcas, critiquing the whole "People are too sensitive" thing. Encouraging stuff to hear from him, I'm not familiar with his pre-WWE work so I dunno the specifics about what he regrets saying, but it's still good to see that reflection.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Leva Bates confirming that she won't be continuing her cosplay-gimmick whilst in AEW:

clGDcDr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.