• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched Tony in the media scrum after fyter fest and he seems to lay all the blame at Spears' feet for the chair shot and seemed pretty ticked off about it. Anyone else read it that way?

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw Fyter fest start to finish. This was the first time I have ever seen The Young Bucks and well...I guess they are an acquired taste. Too lackadaisical for my liking. They lack intensity.

I liked a bunch of stuff. Private Party was a fun tag team. The triple threat Woman's match was impressive. MJW and Hangman seem like good workers. Jungle boy was fun. Darby Allen and Janella have some crazy moves and selling. I liked Kenny Omegas move set (I have never seen him before). And Moxley is crazy.

All I got from Young Bucks was "Lolz we are wrestlers, see my moves." I guess that's their gimmick.

Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks. Strong Style Evolved. Nuff said.

Watching Mox vs Janela now; both themes are rather insignificant to me. The New Japan Mox theme is fire and should stay with him.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Tony in the media scrum after fyter fest and he seems to lay all the blame at Spears' feet for the chair shot and seemed pretty ticked off about it. Anyone else read it that way?
Well. I wouldn't say he blame spears but he definitely seemed evasive about fault. He mentioned quickly how it was Cody's idea to do it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Private Party seem fun AF
They really are. They live up to that highlight reel from BTE.

Quen in particular was goddamn incredible with the way he was moving around. 10/10 look too.

Any dude that can keep his shades on for that long (see Orange Cassidy aswell) immediately gets my support.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Private Party seem fun AF
Agreed. I'm loving how their not just filling AEW with recycled folks from WWE. Im seeing a lot of faces show up and really entertain. They really do seem to be about what they said. They want to build their own stars and have their own identity.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
They really are. They live up to that highlight reel from BTE.

Quen in particular was goddamn incredible with the way he was moving around. 10/10 look too.

Any dude that can keep his shades on for that long (see Orange Cassidy aswell) immediately gets my support.

Quen's got that star charisma. Private Party should stay together for a couple of years at least but he could be a top guy solo eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
Leva Bates confirming that she won't be continuing her cosplay-gimmick whilst in AEW:

clGDcDr.png
lmao @ "the Librarian is something I can sink my teeth into"

giphy.gif

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope we get to see Dark Order in the ring soon enough. I've seen some of their matches or their previous gimmick and they are quite good, however people are shitting on their gimmick in AEW (I personally like it quite a bit) and I want them to prove them wrong with their in ring abilities.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Khan talked about how the dumb stuff with the penis druids took away from Hangman winning at All In, hopefully its not lost on him that Darby getting a draw out of Cody kind of got overshadowed by the post match shenanigans and goofy chairshot.

Last edited:

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I for some reason though Darby Allin was older. He is 22?! This was my first time seeing him wrestle and I get the hype now. Great match with Cody. I really enjoyed all of show.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get to see Dark Order in the ring soon enough. I've seen some of their matches or their previous gimmick and they are quite good, however people are shitting on their gimmick in AEW (I personally like it quite a bit) and I want them to prove them wrong with their in ring abilities.

Logically, one of the matches at Fight for the Fallen should be Dark Order v.s. Angelico/Jack Evans v.s. Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus (or T-Hawk/El Lindaman) for the other spot at All Out.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Khan talked about the dumb stuff with the penis druids took away from Hangman winning at All In, hopefully its not laost on him that Darby getting a draw out of Cody kind of got overshadowed by the post match shenanigans and goofy chairshot.
That is true...Even if he didn't get split open spears attacking with a chairshot would of still overshadowed Darby taking him to a draw. I know they want to kickstart the feud between Cody and spears but that was probably not the right time to do it.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Allie vs Leva was perfectly... fine seems like it will be taken too positively and OK seems like it will be taken too negatively, so somewhere in the middle

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I heard everyone was trashing this Jebailey match and it's perfectly fine and fun, especially for a "celebrity" match

I know the consensus in the bubble is that the pre shows have been unmitigated trash and they should be embarassed, but I couldn't disagree more

EDIT: hahaha holy shit jebailey fucking HOOFED nakazawa in the balls

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard everyone was trashing this Jebailey match and it's perfectly fine and fun, especially for a "celebrity" match

I know the consensus in the bubble is that the pre shows have been unmitigated trash and they should be embarassed, but I couldn't disagree more

EDIT: hahaha holy shit jebailey fucking HOOFED nakazawa in the balls
While I understand why people didn't like The Librarians, I still don't get why everyone trashed DON's pre-show. Battle Royal was a fun, good way of introducing a lot of new guys and Sabian vs Sammy was nice.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The preshow was fine. The matches were fine. Nothing was great but it wasn't bad. I've watched a lot of bad wrestling, I was a WCW fan, so I know bad wrestling.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So ready for the All Out reference when Kenny comes down to his theme with the lyrics. He should just lean into it, the song is so him.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks. Strong Style Evolved. Nuff said.

Watching Mox vs Janela now; both themes are rather insignificant to me. The New Japan Mox theme is fire and should stay with him.

I really thought we laid all this nonsense about the Bucks being unable to tell a story in the ring to bed.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So ready for the All Out reference when Kenny comes down to his theme with the lyrics. He should just lean into it, the song is so him.

This is exactly my gripe with AEW so far (wrestler's entrance music volume is so low!). They need to fix that and the wrestlers video packages for some of them and they are quite getting where they need to be before tv starts.

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest gripe with AEW is they gotta just let their music folks go. Just go. And stop thinking its great.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly my gripe with AEW so far (wrestler's entrance music volume is so low!). They need to fix that and the wrestlers video packages for some of them and they are quite getting where they need to be before tv starts.
Hopefully they are looking at these first couple shows as "beta tests" of sorts, seeing what works , what doesn't, what needs improvement, etc.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
IIRC some of the music stuff was due to changes for accessibility, the sensory stuff they've talked up previosuly, but they should probably do as WWE do and add a louder direct audio channel to the TV feed.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leva's should change her gimmick to the proctologist. This could be her submission finisher:

tumblr_oqd75mACdM1vtad0lo3_400.gif

Last edited:

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Women's three way was great when it got going, and fine before then. Good stuff. I would have liked Nyla to get the win, but this still did her good I think.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
i don't think i will ever get used to jimmy havoc in an arena getting jimmy fucking havoc chants

fun 4 way

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Instead of the damage control and talking about the chair being gimmicked they should've played harder into it instead of instantly killing it. I mean they can still turn it around but they kind of killed any heat on Spears and now it's all on them for allowing that spot.

Has any channel ever had two different wrestling programs airing before? Big win for Impact.
I might be wrong but IIRC ESPN aired ran both AWA and WCCW in the 80s and later GWF after WCCW folded. I think they still have the rights to at least the GWF stuff.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Totally shared JR and Excalibur's shock that 15 minutes had gone by in that match. Enjoyed it a ton. Instantly puts Darby on any level they need him to be at. Great work.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Again, I'm going to fence sit on the chairshot issue

Like, don't do this shit every week like in 98

But it was effective

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Apparently the chair was gimmicked to be really soft so it wouldnt really do anything but make a sound. Problem being it was so soft the back of the chair kept going and clipped him.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Going to watch the last 2 matches tomorrow, but from the entrances, AEW really need to sort out the timings on their Sabu blackouts lol

Apparently the chair was gimmicked to be really soft so it wouldnt really do anything but make a sound. Problem being it was so soft the back of the chair kept going and clipped him.
Yeah, I'm extra fine with it if they'd planned to gimmick it, which it seemed was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.