• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Serene
Flammable D
mattsdl

This women's show in Toronto is fucking stacked.

D9rrOXTXUAAsIqW

D9rrPCFWkAE65DP

D9rrV7gWwAANbkb

D9rrP7xXsAAeXGb

D98kBuPXYAAcJtH

And I'm officially meeting Bull Nakano :)

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

AEW netted a multi-year deal with ITV however, bringing US wrestling to free-to-air television in the UK on a regular basis for the first time.

While it's obvious that this aligns with their UK focus by design more than coincidence, the overwhelming reaction to the news left even Nick surprised.

I wasn't too familiar with how the television networks work over there," he added.

"So when we found out that Tony had just signed the deal with ITV, we mentioned it to Marty [Scurll – British independent wrestler] and he was like 'oh my god – you guys don't understand how big a deal this is'

"He went to explain how many households get ITV and what the numbers were, and we were blown away.

"So we didn't even realise how big it was until then – we couldn't believe it."

But while WWE's British fans have clamoured for a pay-per-view in the UK for over 25 years, it appears AEW will satiate that demand in far swifter order.

California-born Nick said: "I don't want to put out too many spoilers, but we might have already thought of the name for one event!

Matt added more in saying: "We already have a working title, if that tells you anything – I can't take credit for it because a fan gave me the idea!

"I presented it in the group chat and everybody immediately gave it the thumbs up.

"Going over there is a big priority for us; we know there is a large fan-base there and that they want to see All Elite Wrestling.

"We don't have anything confirmed yet, but I can almost guarantee that we'll eventually be there."

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Marvelous' latest show was fantastic. I didn't think they'd top the first half but the last two matches of the show are barn burners. Takumi vs Maikoto is 3 minutes of a plucky rookie pulling off some bullshit and getting the crowd on her side only to be followed of 13 minutes of the Ace murdering her for it. The main event's W-FIX at it's best; despite the fact they're a shitty heel team who constantly use bullshit heel tactics they do it in an actually entertaining way as opposed to another similar faction who's bullshit's always a blemish on potentially great matches. Also the finish goes to places I wouldn't have dreamed of.

Takumi remains the unofficial true leader of Team Choke:

sUvMlBO.gif

Fyter Fest was alright. I was happy to see Nyla get to show off some of her strength and agility this time around.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm so excited to see her

Only missing from the show is Tessa and Allie and Su Young in terms of who I'd love to see from the US scene

She wasn't exactly heel but she had the most menacing presence on the card and her offence is murder. Her vs Laura, Katsu vs Mayu, Su vs Session Goth, and the 3 Way for the International title were all must see matches.

Su vs Session Goth might have been the best match I've seen from either Su or Martina.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
She wasn't exactly heel but she had the most menacing presence on the card and her offence is murder. Her vs Laura, Katsu vs Mayu, Su vs Session Goth, and the 3 Way for the International title were all must see matches.

Su vs Session Goth might have been the best match I've seen from either Su or Martina.

:)

I'm jealous

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, the ThROH the Years podcast finally got up to the Feinstein incident and it's a 6 hour episode

I need to catch up

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
This is a thing?! *runs to the google*
I came in around episode 28, so I can't vouch for before that, but it's a very good show. Unfortunately it's on the Pro Wrestling Only podcast feed, which comes with a bunch of other stuff I'm not interested in (and SHIMMER HERstory, which is also good and the same concept for SHIMMER, their last show was Becky Lynch's SHIMMER debut)

There's also another similar podcast hosted by Shane Hagadorn, but I can't remember the name.

Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned that Sarah Logan has Adam Cole's finisher.

It also seems to work better for her than it does for Cole

Oct 25, 2017
Roode/Alexander was actually pretty good. Roode works way better as a heel, so naturally they just have him stuck in Main Event hell instead of doing anything with him

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

Tidbit from Kevin Owens on Lilian Garcia's podcas, critiquing the whole "People are too sensitive" thing. Encouraging stuff to hear from him, I'm not familiar with his pre-WWE work so I dunno the specifics about what he regrets saying, but it's still good to see that reflection.

Probably calling a black wrestler the n-word for heat

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't brush my teeth tonight cause out of the corner of my eye, I saw a spider go under my scales. Should have been like Paige and screamed this is my house.

My mouth feels iky now.

Hopefully no one here feels iky and decides to waist their next 3 hours of life on this rock.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah WWE accidentally showed Street Profits for a split second backstage so they will most likely be on Raw lol

Status
Not open for further replies.