Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
$80 seems a little steep, but I guess that works out to $20/movie. Wonder if it'll get a drop on Amazon before release, though I'll get it day one regardless. Will also mean I'll own three copies of the original trilogy on Blu, lol. Interesting that there's no Jurassic Park 3D copy, though.

Any rumblings on new features? The Amazon listing only mentions HDR and all the old content from the Blu-Rays. Would be a shame if the 25th anniversary set didn't include anything extra, though it seems most 4K re-releases are along those lines - movie on the 4K, old Blu/DVD material on the pack-in Blu-Rays.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And packaging.

cwavde0kkfrld.jpg

81dieb3beeus5.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they left World out of it... I hate incomplete packaged... But I kinda want. *sigh* Triple dipping...

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they left World out of it... I hate incomplete packaged... But I kinda want. *sigh* Triple dipping...

I kinda thought about that, but it's a 25th anniversary collection, so it's a celebration of the franchise after 25 years which consists of the four current films. I'll happily buy the complete six film collection whenever that eventually comes out too.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Even though it still would have been incomplete in a few years, it would have been nice to include Fallen Kingdom slots.

Edit: studios should sell box set boxes.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I'm about to pre-order without a way to watch. Wish the fucking Pro had 4k playback because I'd buy that. Don't want a regular player or a new console altogether (One X) nor do I want a current Pro without the feature, especially if there's a chance they DO release a 4k pro in the future. Guess it'll wait for a PS5 along with 4k The Revenant.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
i just need the Digital Code. Gave mine away to family and now I regret it lol.
Also went looking for the JP Funkos yesterday. Gamestop had Buy 1 get 1 50% off. Store I went to had only Alan.
All I want is Alan and Hammond (Plan to get Laura in the Jeep and Sexy Malcolm from Target).
I don't really like the Dino ones.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
god fucking dammit, stop releasing this damn movie.

I CAN'T

FS
FSA
DFA
SDG
ADGF
DG
SDFG
SDFG

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While cool it sucks since it'll be an incomplete package as soon as Fallen Kingdom comes a month later and even if it included a slot for FK we already have a release date for JW3 meaning it'd be outdated in 3 years regardless. So yeah it should've been a JP Trilogy box set. We already have a Blu Ray Collection box set of the 4 films even if it was just re-releases, hell you can argue that one while it didn't include 4k transfers it had the 3D versions of JP and JW as separate discs.

Packaging is ok, and good compared to the BR re-releases but man, it seems that the DVD Jurassic Park adventure pack is still the coolest box set JP has done and it's only been doing inferior products since then. Hell even the menus of the DVDs are better than the BR ones, a shame.

I kinda wish we had just gotten a single JP 25th anniversary set of the original Jurassic Park and for them to focus on the transfer, hype it up, and hype up all the new material like the deleted scenes that would be in this anniversary edition. Instead since we're getting this I'm guessing it'll be a lazy 4k transfer and no new special features, you can already see that since they come on a regular non 4k blu ray that they're just the normal BR extras.

Worse of all it won't even include the original JP /// logo.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally 4k, but that is one ugly ass box. Why? Why can't we just get the beautiful original poster? So simple, so iconic, so effective. Would sell a lot more than this garbage as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Finally 4k, but that is one ugly ass box. Why? Why can't we just get the beautiful original poster? So simple, so iconic, so effective. Would sell a lot more than this garbage as well.
Honestly, as much as I like the simplicity of the OG poster, the JP 3D poster is the GOAT as far as official art goes.

jurassicpark.jpg

Just swap out the "3D" with "25" or "4K". BAM.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome review, saw you post it on twitter. Im counting down the days until these figures hit stores, Mattel nailed it. Besides maybe the large Indominus, I don't think there was a single Hasbro JW figure I was actually excited to purchase, with this I can't decide what to get first.

Yeah I think I'll definitely pick this up! The articulation is even something Kenner didn't really have. At least with the review of this figure, Mattel is looking like a pretty good successor!

Hasbro didn't know what they were doing >_> Their plush too were pretty bad. I'm actually looking forward to this new line of plush too! Super cute!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait to see a detailed Indoraptor unboxing. Saw another video of it at the Toy Fair, and it is SO incredibly articulate!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
While it's sad we won't get the soft skin again. These toys are a great return to form outside of that.
Puts the Hasbro line to shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Situation is a bit different but I really hope this turns out well for Mattel,
Not only for more JP but maybe they will put more effort into DC if they see more effort can really pay off.

Because they are absolutely killing it with Jurassic Park and have given me exactly what I wanted based on the reveal.

A6502

Jan 22, 2018
To you JP fans, you must go watch YT user eatalllot's 2 illustrated JP novel scene reading videos! The Nedry one is especially cool since the novel scene is different and more gruesome than the film version. This guy needs more support by way of views and likes, so he will make more of these!

https://youtu.be/MyyHEVmn8bE

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how pokemon go worked but as long as I can see everything within my town, I'm down.

A JP themed AR app is something I've always wanted. Even if it was a card collector thing or that Gyrosphere sphero idea I had.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Fallen Kingdom toys are showing up a month early on eBay and Amazon for up to triple retail. My birthday is in a little over a week and I said screw it I'm ordering that Carno.

b6268b08-46d2-49af-a6j1sy1.gif

Edit

Finally I have a Kenner style John Hammond figure! Ben Asselin from the JP Toys fb group did a small run of these and I'm so happy I got in on it. Crazy good sculpt and paint job, and fits right in with Grant and Ellie.

47b5d249-70f0-4e27-8o9rr4.jpeg

9936cea0-13a3-461f-88aqs8.jpeg

Annnd Mattel's Jurassic World Facts has hit the App Store. Can't wait to scan in my Carnotaurus in a few days.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jurassic-world-facts/id1339298614?mt=8

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Saw some behind the scenes footage of interviews and I see that Ian still wears all black which is nice.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, the early bird sale on Chronicle's 1:1 Lost World Male Velociraptor bust ends tomorrow if anybody was on the fence.

Not my gif but someone did this to showcase how the eye "moves" as you move around it. Pretty creepy.

fjiZXtS.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of statues, anyone have pics of the ones Disney Adventures magazine had as a prize? The issue highlighted TLW, had a Goldblum interview, and a huuuuuge raptor statue to win.

I wanted it so bad :(

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, this is the greatest Carnotaurus figure I've ever seen. Brilliant sculpt, detail, paint job, articulation, play feature, this thing has it all. So glad he's my first from the Fallen Kingdom line, such an amazing first impression. Take all my money, Mattel.

bb690d7a-ce08-4ff0-biquna.jpeg

Speaking of statues, anyone have pics of the ones Disney Adventures magazine had as a prize? The issue highlighted TLW, had a Goldblum interview, and a huuuuuge raptor statue to win.

I wanted it so bad :(

I had totally forgotten about that thing. I wanted it so bad. Did some digging around and apparently nobody has come forward claiming to have won it in the last 20 years, I wonder if they ever really gave it away?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. It does seem like they did the carno proud in the movie, unless it really does only have one scene where it gets faced by the rex.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I had totally forgotten about that thing. I wanted it so bad. Did some digging around and apparently nobody has come forward claiming to have won it in the last 20 years, I wonder if they ever really gave it away?

Wow, really? I wonder where it ended up.... I did find a pic of the magazine cover of the statue.
s-l225.jpg

The straightened claws always bugged me though :p

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the go-to store since TRU is closing? In my experience, Target seems to have a decent toy selection above Wal-Mart. Are those really our only options?