• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Man...this needs to turn into a Lifetime movie with the "Gay 2Pac" boast and hilarious Robin Roberts interview and all! This story is crazy pills.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The fuck was he thinking?

There's a shitty racist book coming out called Hate Crime Hoax, and apparently this whole shitshow is bringing it lots of attention to the point where the author is going to be on Tucker Carlson and some other Fox show. Way to give these racists ammo, dumbass.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He seemed like a popular actor. Why fuck up your career over something like this?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dude fucked over so many people actually victims of assault and violence. Way to go, you self-absorbed dipshit.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
And this is like giving them the ultimate material to run with.

They made up material when they ddidn't have it though, so its not like this is going to increase the amount of hate they broadcast.... or that there would be anything to decrease it... Its what they do. Jussie doesn't change that.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The thing that stood out at the time was that two white guys would recognise this actor from the not well known Netflix show Empire.

Not only would they not watch something that has a predominantly black cast but the idea that Jussie is so recognisable from such a relatively small show seemed really far fetched to me.

In retrospect of course it was just him making shit up to appear to be a bigger star than he actually is... or ever will be now I guess.

You're not American, are you? Show is broadcast free over Fox in the US.

It gets prime placement in a midweek slot.

This isn't a small indie show.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
He most likely could have gotten away with it too if he hadn't tried to spice up the story so much. He could have just said he was attacked by two people who called him the N word and left it at that. All the other details, believable or not, just gave people more pieces to investigate on.

You're not American, are you? Show is broadcast free over Fox in the US.

It gets prime placement in a midweek slot.

This isn't a small indie show.

His point isn't the show isn't popular, it's that two racist dick bags aren't going to be watching Empire in the first place. At least not enough to recognize the actor.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't change anything. They always victim blame for racism issues.

Its not like they were ever going to admit racism is real, before this. We werne't on the verge.

This has happened before. Sure, not a police report, but we had that Chipotle thread a while back -- it wont change the next Church Shooting. Because thats the level of racism we're at in 2019. They do not give a shit about black people, period. They as in Most of the USA.

You had a black president.

The response to that was voting for a white supremacist.

That was a dumb twitter thread and it was over in 24 hours. This is a lot more serious and mainstream. Honestly hurts "believe victims" so fucking much. Its already difficult enough to try to explain a nuanced position and then an alt-righter comes in and screeches "WELL WHAT ABOUT INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY?" and now Jussie's name will become equivalent with a socially normalized way to say "I don't believe them and they're making it all up."

Moderate acceptance of things is what leads to cultural paradigm shifts... I'm afraid that this one has been set back significantly.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ramifications of this towards actual victims of hate crimes (of which I was a victim of, but never came forward due to the status of the person who assaulted me) is going to be enormous.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An absolute idiot. I still can't comprehend what his motivation was.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
He did, if he did. But, its the chicago PD.

This is a good situation for waiting this one out. I mean Its the Chicago PD. Thats my only reservation .
You were not present in the last thread that was up all week, there is nothing to wait out. From willingly ready to send two innocent people to jail until he realized the people in custody where his co-conspirators.... to video evidence of those two guys buying all the assault props. (Ski masks, maga hats) , the magazines confiscated that probably have missing letters cut out. This dude is fucked plus the Chicago PD has shot down every false source that has popped up. They have zero reason to lie about this.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that stood out at the time was that two white guys would recognise this actor from the not well known Netflix show Empire.

Not only would they not watch something that has a predominantly black cast but the idea that Jussie is so recognisable from such a relatively small show seemed really far fetched to me.

In retrospect of course it was just him making shit up to appear to be a bigger star than he actually is... or ever will be now I guess.

Ultimately this was the red flag. Racist homophobes out here watching Empire and out at 2:30 AM and in a blizzard and in an anti-Trump city. Someone else pointed out how he would've been wearing some winter clothes too, so you extra unrecognizable.

Honestly, if his story had been true I'd have been more concerned. My reasoning skills would've failed me.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Charlie De Mar @CharlieDeMar

STATEMENT FROM JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S LEGAL TEAM @cbschicago

dz5lmpbxqailiz1hkk9n.jpg

8:46 PM - Feb 20, 2019

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
This guy would currently be in the process of being canonised as a Saint if he hadn't gone to the police. Just tell the story the same way and say that you didn't want to re-open the wounds by bringing the police into it.

Like what did he think would happen once the authorities started seriously investigating this?

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only lurked the other threads, but this really bothers me. He must have issues. He needs to tell the truth and get some help.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
This guy would currently be in the process of being canonised as a Saint if he hadn't gone to the police. Just tell the story the same way and say that you didn't want to re-open the wounds by bringing the police into it.

Like what did he think would happen once the authorities started seriously investigating this?

Police would have been involved anyway you don't make claims like this without investigations.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That was a dumb twitter thread and it was over in 24 hours. This is a lot more serious and mainstream. Honestly hurts "believe victims" so fucking much. Its already difficult enough to try to explain a nuanced position and then an alt-righter comes in and screeches "WELL WHAT ABOUT INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY?" and now Jussie's name will become equivalent with a socially normalized way to say "I don't believe them and they're making it all up."

Moderate acceptance of things is what leads to cultural paradigm shifts... I'm afraid that this one has been set back significantly.

There were the black kids that beat the shit out of the disable kid. You're making this bigger than it is. People lie all the time. Jussie is no different. White supremacists hate black people. That isn't any different today, than it was yesterday. Justice systems will continue to work as they always have, with a focus on black people.

fuck what white supremacists think.

And honeslty, fuck people that think black has a hive mind, which is what this is all eluding to. As if 1 jussie represents blackosity. But hey, thats all part of systemic racism.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
owning yourself to own the alt-right

it..it just doesnt have the same ring to it :(

fuck this dude though, hope he does some time

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
the Story was comically evil, who's gonna have bleach, a noose, recognize him his bundled up on a sub zero night. What an ass.

Who's fielding for fucking subway in this conditions at that time of night?

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Police would have been involved anyway you don't make claims like this without investigations.

I don't think they would have devoted these kinds of resources to it though, and it probably would have ended when they couldn't get any footage of the attack. And certainly, they wouldn't have been able to charge him with this.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I wonder if he will ever realize how much damage he has done to future victims of actual hate crime and assault with this stunt.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is an actual piece of shit for doing this

I rarely wish this on someone, but I hope he gets jail time and reflects how many people that actually experience crimes like this his actions have fucked over.

One of the craziest stories I've heard.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is an actual piece of shit for doing this

I rarely wish this on someone, but I hope he gets jail time and reflects how many people that actually experience crimes like this his actions have fucked over.

One of the craziest stories I've heard.
i agree 1000% hope they get rid off his character for good too!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He most likely could have gotten away with it too if he hadn't tried to spice up the story so much. He could have just said he was attacked by two people who called him the N word and left it at that. All the other details, believable or not, just gave people more pieces to investigate on.

His point isn't the show isn't popular, it's that two racist dick bags aren't going to be watching Empire in the first place. At least not enough to recognize the actor.
Yeah, once he mentioned the MAGA stuff, he poked that bear.

Crazy stuff this there are many verified MAGA idiots that have been charged with heinous stuff. No need to make stuff up lol.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It would have led to two people getting arrested that had nothing to do with the crime, which appears to be his plan all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.