bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
They did. They said they could only hold him for a day without charging him and wanted to talk to the victim before bringing charges. But that was 3 days ago. What's the holdup?

I bet it doesn't normally take them 3 days to gather enough evidence when someone gets shot in the head to decide to charge or not. What if the victim had died, why would they need to wait? I suspect they had decided already not to charge already and now realize they can't get away with it.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
There's no excuse remotely reasonable to explain why someone that shot a child simply ringing a doorbell (not once, but TWICE after he's already down) shouldn't be sitting in a jail cell right from the jump.. except the obvious explanation of racism.

The city and police won't be able to sweep this under the rug though, like they've already tried to do, so I do expect some charges to come soon. It's a fucking disgrace that cases like this have to draw national outrage before anything is done though.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
People like this are just waiting for any moment they can gun someone down, absolutely abhorrent.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They can't keep dragging their feet on this shit. It starts looking more and more political.
Police have always been a political tool, specifically to be levvied against minorities and the poor. Pigs are doing exactly what they've been trained to do.

People need to let go of this mindset that America actually operates on anything resembling decency, or honor, or justice. Bullshit. America is a machine meant to maintain capitalism and white supremacy; anything else is smoke and mirrors.

Oct 27, 2017
There's no excuse remotely reasonable to explain why someone that shot a child simply ringing a doorbell (not once, but TWICE after he's already down) shouldn't be sitting in a jail cell right from the jump.. except the obvious explanation of racism.

The city and police won't be able to sweep this under the rug though, like they've already tried to do, so I do expect some charges to come soon. It's a fucking disgrace that cases like this have to draw national outrage before anything is done though.

The city itself has nothing to do with this. Kansas City is weird. It's not allowed to control its own police force. The people who would want to sweep this under the rug don't live anywhere near KC, and don't have to deal with any of the repercussions. They can hide in Jefferson City without even having to think about this.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
The city itself has nothing to do with this. Kansas City is weird. It's not allowed to control its own police force. The people who would want to sweep this under the rug don't live anywhere near KC, and don't have to deal with any of the repercussions. They can hide in Jefferson City without even having to think about this.

They're about to take over the St. Louis police department, too, because they claim they're not doing enough about crime under the city's control. We all know what that means, of course. The state has been doing everything it can to take away local control from the major cities. It was actually a referendum a few years back to give control of the St. Louis police department back to the city, but now the state is just taking it back anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
They're about to take over the St. Louis police department, too, because they claim they're not doing enough about crime under the city's control. We all know what that means, of course. The state has been doing everything it can to take away local control from the major cities. It was actually a referendum a few years back to give control of the St. Louis police department back to the city, but now the state is just taking it back anyway.

This stupid state actively ignores the will of the voters all the time, so I wouldn't be shocked if they took St Louis over again. I swear the state government actively wants to punish the two cities for being too liberal.

May 31, 2022
Police have always been a political tool, specifically to be levvied against minorities and the poor. Pigs are doing exactly what they've been trained to do.

People need to let go of this mindset that America actually operates on anything resembling decency, or honor, or justice. Bullshit. America is a machine meant to maintain capitalism and white supremacy; anything else is smoke and mirrors.

Also a reminder that SCOTUS made a ruling in 2005 that "that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm":

www.nytimes.com

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone (Published 2005)

Supreme Court rules that police do not have constitutional duty to protect person from harm, even woman who obtained court-issued protective order against violent husband which made arrest mandatory for violation; decision overturns ruling by federal appeals court in Colorado; it had permitted...

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Relax, maybe people weren't home and they don't know the circumstances like you do in hindsight. I'm not gonna be in a huge rush to help any person being frantic & bloody without assessing the situation, personally.

What the hell is wrong with you? He's a 16-year-old boy. And the third person made him get down on the ground with his hands up.

You going to tell people to "relax" about that too, Lunchbox?

My life is more important to me than their life TO ME of course I'd call 911. But, no one saw me call 911 so they'd assume I didn't help. Everyone's rushing to judgement here without thinking about honestly, what someone would do if some bloodied man started banging on your door.

The fact that you're describing the 16-year-old as a "bloodied man" is very telling.

May 31, 2022
This is so fucked up. I hope the self-defense argument will NOT work since this teenager was simply ringing the doorbell. This homeowner needs to be sentenced to jail but knowing how fucked the justice system is for Black Americans, it's going to be very hard for me to believe that this homeowner will actually get a jail sentence for attempted murder.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
What the hell is wrong with you? He's a 16-year-old boy. And the third person made him get down on the ground with his hands up.

You going to tell people to "relax" about that too, Lunchbox?

The fact that you're describing the 16-year-old as a "bloodied man" is very telling.
I'm not gonna lie to you chief, I cannot tell someone's age off the cuff like that.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Christ, you actually think it's okay that he was told to get down on the ground and put his hands up, don't you?
Just thinking the worst of me for no reason..

Quit assuming bruv, all I said is I'd be a bit suspect of opening my door for a bloodied "man" at my door, I wouldn't care if it was an a kid or adult, certainly call the police. Just a shitty situation you have to react to immediately.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Just thinking the worst of me for no reason..

Quit assuming bruv, all I said is I'd be a bit suspect of opening my door for a bloodied "man" at my door, I wouldn't care if it was an a kid or adult, certainly call the police. Just a shitty situation you have to react to immediately.
I don't know that I'd bring them inside the house, but I'd absolutely try to help them while waiting for the EMTs.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Old enough to shoot someone with a gun, old enough to go to jail for shooting said gun…

People are sick

kess

Oct 27, 2017
I swear 75% of these stories come out of a midwestern suburb

But Missouri is so insanely hateful that they put Rush Limbaugh into the State Hall of Fame

I mean. . .and I'm one of the most paranoid, skeptical people when it comes to helping randos that come to my door. . .but anyone bloody showing up, begging for help would absolutely get me to help them. And a kid or teenager would have me absolutely going above and beyond to ensure they were not only okay, but now completely safe until proper help arrived.

Nobody is being as slick as they think they are calling the victim a man when his age has been referred to more than once at this point and he clearly looks like the young teen he is.

In any case, I'm just so happy he survived. Now bring the perp that shot him to justice, his age is no excuse. If he's so old that him getting 'confused' could be used as an excuse, than he was too old to be operating a damn gun in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah the doorbell, aka the "shoot me" button.

This 80 year old white fuck hopped up on that grade-A Fox News racism saw black skin and did like his propaganda trained him to do.

I hope his final days on earth are under a prison ceiling.

May 31, 2022
I am very glad to see that Ralph is at home and is recovering from being shot twice for simply ringing a doorbell. I hope he fully recovers.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The fuck? Isn't pointing a gun at someone assault?
Yes but they were pardoned by the Governor

The whole thing is infuriating at every step. Originally indicted for felonies, which would have lost them their law licenses and their guns, it got downgraded to misdemeanors for which they received small fines. The Governor then pardoned them from even that slap on the wrist. They both loudly crowed about being vindicated and how they'd do the exact same thing again and the guy ran for the Senate. The whole state is rotten to the core with White Supremacy, as we see again in this shooting.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
So it is true, people see black males as older than they actually are same as blacks can handle more pain, etc. All that bullshit. if he was white you wouldnt say "bloodied man"
This.

Some posters on this site really get off on the "I'm just trying to be logical and not quick to judge" shtick to downplay their implicit(barely) biases.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So they said they could only hold him 24 hours under the law…but they really only held him 2 hours. The fuck is going on.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I can't judge until I know if the shooter goes to church and is nice to his white neighbors.