• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
regardless of what people say in their obnoxious self-righteous sanctimonious internet hate bubble, this record is sparking really important conversations in the real world. i was talking to one of my friends, who isn't even a big kanye fan, and he just listened to the record. we had a very real conversation about bipolar and how it's impacted both of our lives, where i didn't even know it was something he had gone through before and vice versa. it was a very cathartic experience, and it's a conversation we just wouldn't have had without this record. it's a significant album. let the holier-than-thou sneering begin
The entire tone of this post is really weird. I think people are trashing it because the songs aren't vibing with them/Kanye is a MAGA asshole. Nobody's trying to quiet people struggling with mental health.

Or maybe I missed a few posts.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
TLoP
808s
MBDTF/Yeezus
Ye/Grad
CD/LR

For me, Ghost Town is probably one of the best songs ever.

Oct 25, 2017
regardless of what people say in their obnoxious self-righteous sanctimonious internet hate bubble, this record is sparking really important conversations in the real world. i was talking to one of my friends, who isn't even a big kanye fan, and he just listened to the record. we had a very real conversation about bipolar and how it's impacted both of our lives, where i didn't even know it was something he had gone through before and vice versa. it was a very cathartic experience, and it's a conversation we just wouldn't have had without this record. it's a significant album. let the holier-than-thou sneering begin

Buddy, relax. I'm glad you're enjoying the album, but some people don't care for it. I really doubt anyone is mad at you for enjoying an album

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
okay but on that line of best fit review someone linked earlier

can someone tell me why the fuck anyone thinks its acceptable to write things like "This man, clearly ill, is being indulged to the point of doing irreparable damage to his public image and has almost certainly done permanent damage to his mind."

like holy shit, fuck you.

how dare someone open up about their struggles with mental illness. let's publicly shame and attack them in the guise of a music review

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I PUT MY HAND ON A STOVE
TO SEE IF I STILL
BLEEEEEEEED
AND NOTHING HURTS ANYMORE
I FEEL KINDA FREEEEEE

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Buddy, relax. I'm glad you're enjoying the album, but some people don't care for it. I really doubt anyone is mad at you for enjoying an album
uh there have been quite a few people doing just that. Passive aggressively but still.
and what else should one take from all of the "I FOR ONE am totally not going to listen to this album..nosiree" posts?
One guy was saying that listening to this album was like being okay with Bill Cosby raping folks.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really think this is a garbage title for an OT where people are supposed to come and express their own opinions about something.
it's not even an OT

apparently it's acceptable to make a thread that nominally is about discussing an album and basically tell people in the first post to not even discuss or listen to the album, just to use the thread as another excuse to bash the artist. cus we really needed another bash kanye thread.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ye is a masterpiece. Nothing but real life.

The entire tone of this post is really weird. I think people are trashing it because the songs aren't vibing with them/Kanye is a MAGA asshole. Nobody's trying to quiet people struggling with mental health.

Anybody that has Graduation at the bottom of their list of Kanye albums are not to be taken seriously. Lmao

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

yeah you must have missed the posts calling him "crazy" for talking about his experience or saying there was nothing significant or interesting about his approach to talking about mental health on the record
uh there have been quite a few people doing just that. Passive aggressively but still.
and what else should one take from all of the "I FOR ONE am totally not going to listen to this album..nosiree" posts?
One guy was saying that listening to this album was like being okay with Bill Cosby raping folks.
not even passive aggressively. like literally people quoting and responding me telling me to stop talking about the album in the thread about the album lol

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't leave is pretty much booty to me. 6/7 still pretty great album. Doesn't break into the holy Trinity of Yeezus MBDTF and 808s though.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
My album is stacticy as fuck.

Is this how it was produced? Should I try it on Tidal?

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good shit but I don't know it just doesn't hit as hard as Ye.

It doesn't help the production doesn't hit as hard. Good lyrics tho.
I don't know what album you're listening to because nothing about this "hits hard."
I fully acknowledge that this is your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. But I cannot believe in any way, whatsoever, that someone thinks Ye is better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Agreed. If this is your opinion your opinions are invalid as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard putting it into words. The sound feels amateurish or maybe too minimalistic is what I mean. I don't see the effort put into this as what seemingly went into Daytona. This literally feels like he made this last week

Aside from the musical sound, the lyrics and his sound just is off. It's like going back and listing to yeezus and TLoP he sounds like he knows what he's doing. On Ye it sounds at times like this is his first time rapping and it doesn't even come together well. This is making me appreciate yeezus and TLoP even more and I don't even like those that much but at least I can listen to them more than once. I don't have any desire to listen to any of these songs again

I mean I get it, artists can change up their style and what they are doing. But you can't even put this in the same league as any of his other stuff, even the Garbo albums. I don't even know if he's trying anymore

Deleted member 28131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So i skimmed through this and i just dont get it. Monotone spoken word with boring beats. What is there to like? Give me old Kanye any day over the new rubbish hes putting out.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I fully acknowledge that this is your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. But I cannot believe in any way, whatsoever, that someone thinks Ye is a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
I fully acknowledge that MBDTF is a better album, but Ye gave me something really emotional that hit me on a level I didn't even know I could be hit. It's special to me and it might even end up on top someday because it just... just does it for me. I can't really put it into words. I don't mean to shit up the thread or anything by posting absurd rankings.

Oct 27, 2017
So i skimmed through this and i just dont get it. Monotone spoken word with boring beats. What is there to like? Give me old Kanye any day over the new rubbish hes putting out.
That's what I was trying to say I my post above. It's nothing there. The beats aren't even really good. It's simple and he's talking as if he forgot how to rap and flow

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Ghost Town is such a mess. The flow is all fucked up. Like a MoMA art project.

Make a new song with the last 30 seconds of that track.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
At least I can listen to the full album. It has that going for it. Could never bear to fully listen to TLoP.

MBDTF
College Dropout
Yeezus
Late Registration
Graduation

Ye

TLoP

Nov 8, 2017
The track names MUST be wrong on my iTunes download. The track titled "Ghost Town" that I'm hearing is one of the worst things I've ever heard that someone has charged money for. Yet the majority here act like it's one of the best tracks of the year, if not better. I understand folks have their own opinions or whatever, but there is literally a dude singing off key for a good chunk of this track. 1:14 and 2:22 especially make me cringe every time I hear them. Cudi sounds like a hearing impaired individual there. How this made the album blows my mind... And how people are enjoying it so much makes me question reality

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Lol screw yall haters Ghost Town is fucking magical. I love how raw and messy it is. Say my opinion is invalid but the shit still good.

Violent crimes is also really amazing as well.

Brah and I'm getting a Cudi x Kanye collaboration next week. Damn I'm living the life.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
No parts where Kanye is in it is great. Some parts are okay and flow well enough, but the rest he's so monotone it's practically spoken word, which is not okay when the lyrics are garbage.

I like the album, but I don't think I'd even give it the time of day if it wasn't a Kanye album, which is ironic cuz he's the worst part of it.

The production IS amazing tho, ghost town is beautiful

Edit: I got heavy "Wolves" vibes from Yikes in the beginning

Edit 2: Funny how people either LOVE Ghost Town, or absolutely LOATHE it. And somehow I totally understand that. It like barely works, but it stumples across that line of broken trash and falls right into something special for me. I sound stupid writing that, but thats how it is for me.

Last edited:

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is easily his worst album. Sounds like a bunch of songs that didn't make the cut for his last couple albums.

Wouldn't Leave and No Mistakes are alright songs.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Worst Kanye West album imo is TLOP and even then it still isn't a bad album at all.

Imo there isn't a bad Kanye album.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
After a couple of listens, can confirm it feels like we got old Kanye back, or atleast the one from MBDTF album.

Really liked the second half of this one, if not for first half, it could probably be up there with MBDTF.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
The College Dropout
Late Registration
MBDTF
808s & Heartbreak
Graduation
Yeezus
ye
TLOP

Deleted member 20066

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This album is beautiful
2/2 GOOD Fridays
Can't wait to hear the rest.
I'll be replaying Push and Kanye all week til the next one.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's definitely interesting. The way that "I Thought About Killing You" creates a sense of unease that frames the rest of the album is pretty cool. The way that Ye straddles the line between crying out for help and complete acceptance has way more emotional depth to it than anything from TLOP. Kanye does a fantastic job of sucking you into his mind with both the music and the lyrics, and holy shit it's an uncomfortable mess in there. I guess what I'm trying to say is Fuck you Kanye and your MAGA hat wearing ass.

saint

Oct 27, 2017
Yall supporting a Trump support by even entertaining the idea of listening. You have more in common with Fox News watchers than you did yesterday :(
bro what you gotta be fucking trolling with this bullshit

you gotta be so childish and full of yourself if you cannot separate ones personal life and views from their art

with that being said, I really fuck with this album, ye the goat, can't wait for ksg

Status
Not open for further replies.