• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sakujou

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
flower sun and rain is unplayable. the ds version was just hardcore shit.
icouldnt believe i was waiting for this game 5 years to be remade on ds only to see that the mechanics do not work in another language.

It's about time. At least for Killer 7. Also, I pledged for a FSAR Remaster. Currently playing it on my DS and since the FSAR Remaster is "Distant Future" material, I will play through the DS version first because I started the game a little while back.

The only thing I fear is that Capcom is most likely involved in Killer 7. That could mean especially something bad for Europe.
care to elaborate? what do you mean exactly "bad for europe"?
how are they involved into that? i think this game was generally published by capcom worldwide, so in the end, capcom needs to help out.
can you tell me how far you have come in the FSAR?

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it has considerably toned down effects, way the hell worse load times (good luck keeping up with the game when it takes as long as it does to switch between the Smiths) and one scene has its audio censored. The Gamecube version is the only one that GHM worked on and Suda has stressed over the years that they had nothing to do with the PS2 port.

Worse framerate too.

But honestly if the choice is between PS2 Killer7 or no Killer7 at all, i would suggest to play it anyway. It may be worse from a technical standpoint, but content wise is exactly the same and that's what matters the most.

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
just woke up and HOLY SHIT!!!

and last night finally finished the silver case and was thinking on replaying FSR

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Rumored to be happening at the Spike stream.

I swear to fucking christ if Dangan Ronpa somehow managed to cause Twilight Syndrome to finally get localized, that former franchise will finally have some actual worth.
SDR2 had a Twilight Syndrome themed mini-game in it.
Twilight_syndrome.jpg

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Special reload animations?

I hope it's coming to PC, I've been meaning to replay it in HD through Dolphin so a proper port would be amazing.

Both the PS2 and the GC versions had the same animations, but the GC version had specific special camera angles/cut-ins/whatnot for the reload animations.

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
I replay Killer7 every two or three years, will be nice to potentially play an updated version next time I dive in. Not to mention, a lot easier to recommend to people who don't have older consoles readily accessible.

FSR has been on my wishlist for a long long time, I'd absolutely jump at the chance to play an enhanced version instead.

Bought both Silver Case games launch day on steam, haven't touched them yet. I need to free up some time to binge on Suda's older stuff!

Bancho

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, Killer 7 remaster!!!! All we need now is God Hand Remastered!!!

I tried the GC version through Dolphin Emu at 4k and it looked sublime! Can't wait to re-play this.

VKO-GFX

Dec 19, 2017
Oh man. I'm down for buying Killer7 again. Never got to try out Flower, Sun, and Rain. Been thinking about picking up The Silver Case since it's on sale on Steam.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great news! I wonder what platforms they're coming for - just PC? Never got a chance to play Killer7 & I only ever scratched the surface of Flower, Sun and Rain, so looking forward to playing through both of these.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Unless I remember it wrong, the PS2 version was quite a bit worse than the GC version. Just a heads up.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up! I never owned a Gamecube so maybe this summer will try to pick one up at a garage sale. Could get Killer 7 & all the other gems I missed on that system.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect them to use the GC version as base since Suda had no involvement with the PS2 version and it's also the inferior version.

Kiririn51

Oct 31, 2017
Venezuela
wow, such a good time to be a GhM freak. I'm over the moon with these news.

If they remake FSR with modern models and the Killer is Dead shader on Unreal Engine 4 I'll bust a nut for sure. But a simple remaster of the PS2 game is fine too.

My annual Killer 7 playthrough is close too, maybe I'll get to start over on PS4? oh man, I'm daydreaming now.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Yeah, the PS2 version of Killer 7 is inferior by far. Some missing content, really long loading times, worse graphics.

I get the feeling that this is more likely a case where Suda said they had plans to do remasters of them, rather than an actual confirmation that it was definitely happening (especially given how low-key this was). After all, a Killer 7 remaster is up to Capcom, not Suda (and they'd be the ones to announce it too).

Suda wants to a remaster/remake of Killer 7 since a long while. Pretty sure I remember him saying he's trying to get Capcom to let him do it regularly. Silver Case remaster doing decently and other stuff probably convinced them. There wouldn't be a Killer 7 collaboration in Let It Die either otherwise. But of course Capcom will be in any PR release about this remaster when it happens.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yeah, the PS2 version of Killer 7 is inferior by far. Some missing content, really long loading times, worse graphics.

Suda wants to a remaster/remake of Killer 7 since a long while. Pretty sure I remember him saying he's trying to get Capcom to let him do it regularly. Silver Case remaster doing decently and other stuff probably convinced them. There wouldn't be a Killer 7 collaboration in Let It Die either otherwise. But of course Capcom will be in any PR release about this remaster when it happens.
Well, he said TSC got him interested in the KTP universe again, and I have a feeling that Gungho are willing to help bankroll this stuff to keep Suda happy, so we all win.

Also, Killer7 had a crossover in Let It Die, so Capcom have probably been on board for a while.

Oct 26, 2017
Is killer 7 actually fun? Never played and whenever I see footage I'm not quite sure what to make of the structure or general gameplay. Most of the comments in here seem to be celebrating its style more than anything else (rightly so, it looks rad).

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Is killer 7 actually fun? Never played and whenever I see footage I'm not quite sure what to make of the structure or general gameplay. Most of the comments in here seem to be celebrating its style more than anything else (rightly so, it looks rad).

it's super fun, it has a classic resident evil structure in many ways

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Still have my Gamecube copy, so Killer7 isn't as exciting to me, but I'm hyped to try Flower, Sun, and Rain

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It can have some weird "puzzles" in typical Suda fashion, but it's still a really fun game. On top of the fantastic visuals and narrative work, it's really memorable on the gameplay side as well.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not for everyone I would say. Its like a click and point puzzle game with enemies running around. You switch to first person view to fight enemies. The narrative is crazy and confusing sometimes even reading summaries and spoilers will confuse you.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
YES

killer7 is a hell of a trip. Great experience although I wish they had ported it to Wii as it would have been way better with motion controls (not often I say that...) It still looks great through Dolphin, they can just add widescreen, HBAO+ and unlimited FPS support and call it a day for the remaster to be honest.

Hopefully the PC port will have proper mouselook.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom