• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Feel so vindicated seeing Paul in the "GG" tier for Non-Fes. The site I use had his Arena ranking as "Pretty Good" and I was like "Wrong. Dude can insta-kill with his DeathFist people, you need to re-score him ASAP."
I always lead with him in PVP and almost always kill with one combo of DeathFist into his other 2 skills into a full auto-combo string juggle (if they survive). It works especially great for the non-tag mode.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I always lead with him in PVP and almost always kill with one combo of DeathFist into his other 2 skills into a full auto-combo string juggle (if they survive). It works especially great for the non-tag mode.

I don't use him on my team but I knew he was a beast. I learned my lesson playing League half awake when a Paul deleted one of my characters with a single Deathfist. Dude is crazy strong!

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I missed half of it, but I saw people saying it's coming on the 20th. IDK if that is just speculation, but it makes sense to be then or the 27th.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I randomly saw someone mention this on Reddit today and feel stupid for not realizing it until now. Alas, in the card equip menu, there is an option for Presets where 20 different card loadouts can be saved and then loaded up on any character instantly. I used that immediately to save the cards from my best character (Lady Chang), load it on my Orochi Leona, run League and then load it back on Chang for my normal PVE stuff. So useful.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I randomly saw someone mention this on Reddit today and feel stupid for not realizing it until now. Alas, in the card equip menu, there is an option for Presets where 20 different card loadouts can be saved and then loaded up on any character instantly. I used that immediately to save the cards from my best character (Lady Chang), load it on my Orochi Leona, run League and then load it back on Chang for my normal PVE stuff. So useful.

Man it must have been a pain in the ass if you didn't know that

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I basically had mediocre cards on everyone with my best ones going to Chang, Mai, Kula, Jin, O. Iori and Paul.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I've been using it for a while because I saw someone on YouTube lol, must be really annoying without it. xD

Almost ran out of slots.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the loadouts were character specific. Might check it out now.
It lets you save all 6 cards. If you try to load one on someone else, obviously the battle card won't be equip but the other 5 will.

I've been using it for a while because I saw someone on YouTube lol, must be really annoying without it. xD

Almost ran out of slots.
I haven't really watched many YouTube vids for this game, so I'm just lucky I stumbled on the info while briefly skimming through Reddit (mainly to see what I missed from the stream). I probably wouldn't have ever pressed the button if I hadn't done that. Based on the name PRESET, I dismissed it on day 1 and quickly forgot it was even there. I thought it had to do with junky pre-made groups of cards or something along those lines. Wouldn't have ever guessed that it was for customized favorite loadouts that we create ourselves.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Someone in the chat posted a PVP tier list. Goes over a bunch of FES, AS and Collab units

Thanks for this, as it's just nice to have some sort of reference that I can actually read.

Yeah, I can only agree with the Orochi '97 comments. Dude is straight great (while I would have preferred a free unit mumblegrumbe). And Christmas Elizabeth seems even crazier or at least comparable. That's nuts!

She's definitely a unit to consider saving for, but at this rate it seems users won't even have to wait until Christmas for a shot at her.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a guide for Orochi? I'm terrible with him and he's so slow compare to the other characters,

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
People have been saying on the 20th and yes, there should be because the wiki lists Hatter Iori as a free event unit (like Paul, NY Andy, etc...)

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally completed epic quest and got all the battle cards.

Had o.iori so regal and Goenitz was easy. I should be able to do all the speed missions and get the rewards.

Killing chizuru with mature before 5 minutes was super hard. I basically had to be super aggressive and attack non stop. A near perfect run still only left me with 5 seconds left.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Yeah, I can't kill Chizuru under 160 seconds (it's always 162) even though Mature is lvl 90 with good battle cards and Chizuru's buff is lvl 9, I'm using Andy as lead, but probably need him to be the attacker but it's not worth leveling him to 90.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Green Andy considered one of the best bleeders in the game? I am still working on mine, but I've been investing into him on the side as I focus on my big guns like Orochi Iori, Jin, Chang, etc...

I am curious, however, if using Green Mature with Whip's +60% ATK / -10% DEF leadership would be better or not compared with Andy's +25% ATK, +35% Bleed leadership.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
It's 40% bleed, but I'm not sure who's a better lead for Mature tbh, didn't get Whip yet.

I think Andy but not sure, will try once I get her, I can crafts her but gonna wait until the last Day.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Worst right now is running into an Orochi with the option card to possibly get super armor, I really can't fight it. If it happens to go off he'll just power through and 1 shot whoever I'm using since my balanced are crap.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
God League is fucking trash right now. Just go back to what it was FFS.
Yea. I haven't been playing as of late. Everytime I get the will to do so, I remember that league is trashman garbage.

Fucking everything has super armor. This game needs a revamp because there is no way to beat that with skill. You just have to get lucky.

Only thing they could do is nerf that card or make a card to counter it (which means everyone would run it--killing build variety). They've effectively boxed themselves into a corner with this meta. They are gonna have to tear this shit down and rebuild.

I hate to take up a slot in the guild roster if I am not actively playing so I might be leaving here pretty soon.

Feel free to remove me if you guys need to make room before I remove myself.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
i've not found league to be that bad this run compared to last week...maybe i've just been lucky (apart from orochi he can do one!)

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't know how to handle AI Orochi and Kazuya. Shit's terrifying. One mistake, and you're dead.

Exactly. This went from being able to win with skill to needing to have a specific character to win at all. EpicSeven suffered from this and is a reason a number of players including myself had dropped the game.

Yea. I haven't been playing as of late. Everytime I get the will to do so, I remember that league is trashman garbage.

Fucking everything has super armor. This game needs a revamp because there is no way to beat that with skill. You just have to get lucky.

Only thing they could do is nerf that card or make a card to counter it (which means everyone would run it--killing build variety). They've effectively boxed themselves into a corner with this meta. They are gonna have to tear this shit down and rebuild.

I hate to take up a slot in the guild roster if I am not actively playing so I might be leaving here pretty soon.

Feel free to remove me if you guys need to make room before I remove myself.

Super Armor should have never been a passive skill on an option card. They either need to remove it or add an armor breaker card that allows the player to break through an opponent's super armor and stuns them as a result. Similar to using a super.

For the top tier 5 stars that have armor on their skills, change it to Immunity so they won't get gutted.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel having grabs work on super armor would also work well, you know, how super armor is balanced in actual fighting games.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I feel having grabs work on super armor would also work well, you know, how super armor is balanced in actual fighting games.
It's funny, because when I first started playing, I mained shermie for this reason as she was my first grappler. Boy was I surprised when I found out that didn't work. Your character just awkwardly goes back to neutral and damage is calculated, but it throws you off because you expect a proper animation to play out. The whole point of grabs is "control". Without it, you lose utility.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, because when I first started playing, I mained shermie for this reason as she was my first grappler. Boy was I surprised when I found out that didn't work. Your character just awkwardly goes back to neutral and damage is calculated, but it throws you off because you expect a proper animation to play out. The whole point of grabs is "control". Without it, you lose utility.
Yeah.

Even if it does the damage (of only the first hit I think, which sucks for multi hit grabs), having the actual animation not play out sucks.

If the animation actually played out, then it would help with the invulnerable periods of the more broken units. You can just have the enemy stuck in grab animations until their invulnerability runs out.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good low cost characters for each epic quest level.

Wanna try to get some free topazes.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I want Rock Howard, he'll be awesome.

Anyone knows good characters to finish 5-3 in less than 150 seconds? Other than green Andy and Mature 96.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking that the free gold token from the stream would come with the reset. Hope it comes soon.

Also hope that my luck improves soon. Did 6 multipulls using all the rubies I had and didn't get a single 5★. Feels bad.

Edit: Well, I got my weekly PVP rubies that let me do another pull. I did get 2 5★, but...
Screenshot_20200120-001558.png
Wrong Yuri! :(

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This week's League is the same as last week. Still balance fighter teams with a one KO limit. Not gonna get very high in the ranks this week, either.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rate up is a fucking lie in this game, holy shit.

I got Wonderland Athena, but after 17 roles. Got a bunch of 5* regular units I already had though. I'll try for Yuri with the tickets in a week.

In other news, I got some tickets from the gold boxes, and ended up getting Swim Angel and NY Geese, so yay for that.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Vanessa on my 3rd 10 roll.

Got her Battle Card on my 2nd 10 roll.

Goddamn do I love it when things work out.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
None of the Wonderland units really appeal to me to be honest, so I think I'll save my rubies for Mukai/Alice/Terry 03 or whoever the next must-have FES unit is.

Is Clone Zero going to be worth grinding for? Looks like you'll have to sink a LOT of resources into lower-tier units who won't see much play outside of Chain Quest, so he'd have to be pretty strong for me to toss away my precious souls and cores.