• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will KH3 do on Metacritic?

• 95-100

Votes: 26 2.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 149 13.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 515 47.5%
  • 80-84

Votes: 313 28.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 81 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
So far, the polls say upper 80s followed by lower 80s followed by lower 90s. Square Enix really did a lot for us to be a little cautious. I mean, Naughty Dog or Rockstar Games or even Square Enix from the PS2 era would lend a lot of confidence from the fans. How the times have changed...

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait they're not sharing any story spoilers?? I was avoiding that thread for nothing then lol. Still better safe than sorry I guess.

Yeah, they have a no spoiler policy. The vast majority of videos posted by the leaker are showing off the Disney Worlds and various combat encounters. Also tinkering in menus ect. Also the game's title screen and intro.

Though with that said he's riding the line of spoilers as of last night showing a little more of fights/situations from the recent trailer so I'd be wary.

So far, the polls say upper 80s followed by lower 80s followed by lower 90s. Square Enix really did a lot for us to be a little cautious. I mean, Naughty Dog or Rockstar Games or even Square Enix from the PS2 era would lend a lot of confidence from the fans. How the times have changed...

To be honest mid-80s seems reasonable. A game has to truly be mindblowing to hit the 90s nowadays and with the amount of baggage a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 has with its story that will hurt it in the eyes of a random game critic. If the game got mid-70s when it looks the way it does I think that's when it should be a bit concerning.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the story? I'm used to the KH convoluted nonsense though and I find KH2 and BbS' stories fine. 3D on the other hand was kinda wack.

Feel free to PM me since this is a separate issue, you can tell me how the structure of the story is or what makes it bad, no direct story spoilers though haha.

Bullshit, the leaker hasn't said anything about the story.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Haven't looked at the leaks myself, but I'm told he was disappointed in the ending because it involved KHUX stuff, which he wasn't familiar with.
That's wrong.

Luxu, the black box or any character from UX isn't in KH3 according to the leaker.

Feb 4, 2018
Haven't looked at the leaks myself, but I'm told he was disappointed in the ending because it involved KHUX stuff, which he wasn't familiar with.
Well then, I'm glad all the hours I've spent this week catching up on UX haven't been in vain haha. EDIT: or maybe they were??
Yeah, they have a no spoiler policy. The vast majority of videos posted by the leaker are showing off the Disney Worlds and various combat encounters. Also tinkering in menus ect. Also the game's title screen and intro.

Though with that said he's riding the line of spoilers as of last night showing a little more of fights/situations from the recent trailer so I'd be wary.
Ahh I see, thanks! Trying to be careful, I got spoiled on something huge in BBS pre-release because of stupid YouTube suggestions. It sucked.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm gld someone just corrected you because if this was true I would consider a spoiler for be kind specific lol

I have a feeling his favorite character doesn't make it considering he suddenly changed his opinion on the game.

About his suddenly changed of opinion which I was aware of, I thought it was regarding story bits he didn't understand actually. But if his problem it's something about a character in specific than it's even more laughable.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno but the story of KH is secondary to me, what's is important is if it's as fun as BBS.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm gld someone just corrected you because if this was true I would consider a spoiler for be kind specific lol

About his suddenly changed of opinion which I was aware of, I thought it was regarding story bits he didn't understand actually. But if his problem it's something about a character in specific than it's even more laughable.
My man has the BBS trio's keyblades on his wall so I'm certain it's because of that

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
I dunno but the story of KH is secondary to me, what's is important is if it's as fun as BBS.
I get this. Actually, KH2 was the first one I played and I skipped about 80% of the cutscenes because I was so lost since I skipped the first one. Yet I still beat it and enjoyed seeing what new disney world we were going to visit. Also, the game had some pretty spectacular looking gameplay with lots of things going on which definitely stimulated my teenager brain at the time, lol.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
Big fan of the series, but I'm going for an 80-85.
same, but I think I will still enjoy it regardless. I mean, its freaking KH3 which we have been waiting 13 years for. I guess we can play it and then look back at it and then realize whether it was worth the wait or not. Thats what happened with me and FFXV. I waited 10 years for that one, had a fun time and played it for about 60 hours and then looked back and realized how much more it should have been, lol. Hopefully KH3 doesn't do that.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
Amazing how much power metacritic has over this forum
I think you can look at it both ways. Its easy to say "think for yourself and don't pay attention to the scores" these days but honestly, when I first discovered metacritic, i found myself agreeing with a lot of the ratings. I know that is weird but for me a rating is more of an overall feeling and a lot of the time, the metacritic score accurately or closely reflects how I felt about many games. Therefore, maybe people like predicting and reacting to metacritic scores because the scores make them feel a certain way.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I think you can look at it both ways. Its easy to say "think for yourself and don't pay attention to the scores" these days but honestly, when I first discovered metacritic, i found myself agreeing with a lot of the ratings. I know that is weird but for me a rating is more of an overall feeling and a lot of the time, the metacritic score accurately or closely reflects how I felt about many games. Therefore, maybe people like predicting and reacting to metacritic scores because the scores make them feel a certain way.

You then have cases like Wildlands, Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnight, which have low to mid scores but are just so much fun to play.

Sea of Thieves looks to be the next example of a game that got really bad reviews but is now becoming more and more popular

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
80-84, mainly low 80's.
I think people will complain about the story over the gameplay. It will either be that it's boring, predictable, convoluted, has the wrong era of Disney as a focus, or too short. It will be one of those or more.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
You then have cases like Wildlands, Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnight, which have low to mid scores but are just so much fun to play.

Sea of Thieves looks to be the next example of a game that got really bad reviews but is now becoming more and more popular
Those are all games that were improved over time via updates and dlc, which is great. That's the main issue with reviews (and by extension Metacritic) nowadays since they review the game at launch. The scores don't take into account all the QOL enhancements and DLC that could potentially make a game a lot better.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Low 80s high 70s, 82 if I have to give a number. Hyped as fuck for the game and it'll likely be my GOTY, but eh... Seems that it may very well not meet the expectations it's garnered

Status
Not open for further replies.