Votes: 313 28.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 81 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Low 80s, mid 80s tops. I'd say 70s but people seem to think the gameplay of the old games was good. And 3 will be flashy as hell.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
80-84.

Some people are going to bring it down because of the story, whether it be because it's not welcoming enough to new players or didn't live up to the nearly 6 year development wait.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
Low 80s high 70s, 82 if I have to give a number. Hyped as fuck for the game and it'll likely be my GOTY, but eh... Seems that it may very well not meet the expectations it's garnered
Exactly my reaction (except for the GOTY part because I am hyped for other games but I will still play the hell out of this one) but I don't think some people can understand how you were able to separate your personal feelings towards the game from what you think the game should deserve based on what has been shown so far. I think IGN's Ryan McCaffrey could take some lessons from you and his feelings towards the Halo series but then again, some people treat the score as a personal opinion instead of a measurement of quality and meeting expectations but I like to think of it more as the latter and it seems many people responding here do as well.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Somewhere in the 80s. I think this one's going to be a bit more mixed than people are expecting.
Oh, I'm expecting reviews to be extremely divided between reviewers who are already fans of the series and reviewers who are not. The former will probably give Kingdom Hearts upper 8s to lower 9s as the story will be fine to them, but I doubt KH3 will meet the expectations of a six-year wait for fans. The latter will mark KH3 for being too obtuse to newcomers and give scores around 7.5. That should balance out to something between a 78 and an 83 on Metacritic if the amount of people assigned to review KH3 without prior experience is about equal to those with prior experience with Kingdom Hearts.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
85, in the end of the day its still using outdated gameplay systems, and i dont think anyone expects it to have a well written story.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Honestly expecting low 80s. Plenty of praise for the gameplay and the actual Disney worlds, but predictable criticism towards the story.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the 2% of people who actually follow the Kingdom Hearts story will love it. The rest of the reviewers are going to be put off by it a lot, the story is insanity.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018

The hype and the fact that it's modern square are going to bring it down.
"modern square" is the part that scares me the most. The fact that about 40-60% of the trailer footage from the FFXV trailers never made it into the final game scares me. Also, with how much of this game they have already shown in trailers such as all the disney worlds and different keyblades, i wonder how much more there will actually be in the game or if it will be running through about 5-6 disney worlds and thats that. I'm also scared because I don't think they have shown that many side quests yet meanwhile KH2 a few interesting sidequests so hopefully they don't cut that.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Joking aside, and while I don't care about the series (played 1 and sorta hated it), I think this one will surprise people both in sales (10 million+) and reviews (at least a 90 MC.) I say this based purely on the buzz around the game in my neck of the woods. Disney has always been popular, but it's popularity is off the charts right now.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
Joking aside, and while I don't care about the series (played 1 and sorta hated it), I think this one will surprise people both in sales (10 million+) and reviews (at least a 90 MC.) I say this based purely on the buzz around the game in my neck of the woods. Disney has always been popular, but it's popularity is off the charts right now.
Yeah Disney is super popular right now but I don't think many parents will get their kids this game considering that it is the third one in the series so it may seem confusing unless of course the kids played the first or second one. Also, the series is kind of niche in the sense that there is a really strong fanbase for the series but most people outside of that only know about the series and haven't really played it and don't really have an interest to. At least that is what I tend to see in online conversations, either someone really likes it or doesn't care about playing it at all.

OP
OP
AnUnbiasedGamer
Mar 21, 2018
I don't know about cutscenes, but based off what I've seen in the leaks, everything gameplay that they have shown in trailers is for sure in the game
That's great! But the more I think about it, it can also flip the other way and end up not having much more in terms of surprises and extra content than what was shown in the trailers. I think they will find the right balance. There is too much riding on this and after the fact that Nomura didn't end up directing FFXV, this has to be a hit. Otherwise, if I was him, I don't know what I would work on next if my last two huge projects didn't turn out as planned.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a feeling this game will be more heartbreaking than 358/2 Days, this is coming from the final trailer being shown.

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
87-89 with a chance to be in low 90.

I've seen press far more positive with 3 than past entries. Press doesn't even acknowledge most of the concerns around combat and "floatiness" (Like happens in fighting games). They'll just see it's flashy, has good graphics, many options that are fun, and great boss fights. So if the story it's cohesive (For a KH story), with disney worlds not feeling like filler (Meaning they're integrated to the main plot like they were in 1) and self concludes in the right tone, I expect the game to have great reviews.

Yeah, I've seen many of the spoilers and I've seen fans expectations, but some of the pessimism comes from delusional expectations while other comes from content they expected/wanted in but is mia.
I think it's going to be one of those weird cases where press values the game far more than the hardcore fans.

I'm going to enjoy it regardless

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
87-89 with a chance to be in low 90.

I've seen press far more positive with 3 than past entries. Press doesn't even acknowledge most of the concerns around combat and "floatiness" (Like happens in fighting games). They'll just see it's flashy, has good graphics, many options that are fun, and great boss fights. So if the story it's cohesive (For a KH story), with disney worlds not feeling like filler (Meaning they're integrated to the main plot like they were in 1) and self concludes in the right tone, I expect the game to have great reviews.

Yeah, I've seen many of the spoilers and I've seen fans expectations, but some of the pessimism comes from delusional expectations while other comes from content they expected/wanted in but is mia.
I think it's going to be one of those weird cases where press values the game far more than the hardcore fans.

I'm going to enjoy it regardless

I have the exact same thoughts as you. So long as it isn't doing anything egregiously wrong, it's a solid 85 plus-ish.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Mid 80s. The press won't give a shit about muh floaty muh critical mode or glow walls.

also, when the fuck did an 8/10 start being "disappointing" jfc

that being said, I don't see it cracking 90 by any stretch of the imagination. it definitely has the production value to get there if the gameplay and stuff hits the exact right notes with people though because even if they don't know what's going on the game's just got that "big match feel" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.