• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That's what happens when you gave 10 trailers

Seriously, they were at MS, Sony and their own event. 3 trailers at 3 different events. Not to mention the release date dropping the day before driving up discussion

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Watching E3 with a hardcore Kingdom Hearts fan was a fucking experience, so this doesn't surprise me.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I question the authenticity of these charts when The Last of Us 2, the most viewed game via Youtube views, is nowhere to be seen amongst the Most Discussed.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda expected, KH had a gigantic pressence:

-Preview event a few days before E3
-New trailer in concert one day before E3
-Incredibly surprising appearance in the MS conference that caught people off guard
-Slightly different version of the Trailer in the SE conference
-Another trailer with a new [returning] world reveal on the Sony conference

There is a lot of buzz because they have been keeping it alive the entire event.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it mainly people discussing what they think they know about KH hearts based on what they played. But then someone else bringing up some other obscure reference nestled in the 3DS game or some limited novelization piece or something. Eventually culminating in the fact that nobody has any idea what the hell is going on.

Yes I'm salty. Why do the big Japanese developers always have like 15 tie in products on other platforms that then become integral to understanding the game.

Also that trailer was a hot mess. Yea there were cool moments and it looked bonkers. But cohesively it was a terrible showing. Nothing made any sense. It was just vignettes all over the place.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I cant trust this at all. Where is TLOU2? It is the 2nd most popular trailer from E3 at the moment.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game showed up at every conference, they confirmed multiple worlds, showed extended gameplay, and the trailers raised a bunch of ridiculous questions in true Nomura fashion. They worked hard for that hype and the game deserves it.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it mainly people discussing what they think they know about KH hearts based on what they played. But then someone else bringing up some other obscure reference nestled in the 3DS game or some limited novelization piece or something. Eventually culminating in the fact that nobody has any idea what the hell is going on.

Yes I'm salty. Why do the big Japanese developers always have like 15 tie in products on other platforms that then become integral to understanding the game.

Also that trailer was a hot mess. Yea there were cool moments and it looked bonkers. But cohesively it was a terrible showing. Nothing made any sense. It was just vignettes all over the place.

these type of posts RE: KH's story will never cease to amaze me.

"you mean I have to play GAMES to understand this video game franchise's lore? what the fuck is Square Enix thinking?"

Oct 26, 2017
Death Stranding is the only new IP up there.

Whew.

Anthem took a huge L it looks like?

Also, I guess Cyberpunk might count at orignal IP?

They showed like 5 minutes of Anthem all of e3 and it was only at EA's conference.

It's had like 5 total previews as well from major gaming websites which is very low compared to the other big games of the year.

Everyone says the flying is really fun, but the impressions on the shooting are pretty mixed (ranging from "it's great!" to "it's OK") and Bioware has addressed none of the concerns that this will have a super limited amount of content without PvP. They did an interview where they refused to say if the game was longer than Mass Effect 3 and it's like... People are going to want to play this game for 100-200 hours, you need more than 30 hours of content here or everyone will finish the game, go to Division 2 and leave your game for dead.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It's really weird that The Last of Us 2 is not charted... I mean, there's a lot of discussion about it online, like a lot, even controversy...

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Death Stranding so low?
Because it was boring.

Even people who were hyped on initial reveal are at the "I'm out, until this nonsense starts making sense" phase. The promotional material seems so self-indulgent, especially with the ending "stinger" of some random actress we're supposed to care about.

On the other hand, its really dope to see someone so unabashedly making a game for himself, first and foremost. It's refreshing to see someone who clearly cares more about if he likes it, rather than if the audience understands it.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
these type of posts RE: KH's story will never cease to amaze me.

"you mean I have to play GAMES to understand this video game franchise's lore? what the fuck is Square Enix thinking?"

Some people blame it on the weird chronology and random ass names Square give the games, people pass on a lot of the games because they assume they are spinoff and think the "main line" games that matter are the numbered ones.

But of course, only hardcore fans realize that all games are main line games.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"Obscure reference nestled in the 3ds game"

You mean the directly preceding title?

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we saw next to nothing of Halo but people thought it was amazing at the same time Gears isn't even on that list? People are weird

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/aqua-got-norted

...What? So that's bad? Is this character basically dead now or something?
Norted is just a shortened fan term of Xehanort, the main antagonist taking over someone elses body. You can see this by her now yellow eyes instead of her blue eyes. Xehanort does this for several reasons, to start another keyblade war and obtain the ultimate weapon, and to cheat death since he was very old in Birth by Sleep.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some people blame it on the weird chronology and random ass names Square give the games, people pass on a lot of the games because they assume they are spinoff and think the "main line" games that matter are the numbered ones.

But of course, only hardcore fans realize that all games are main line games.

"Obscure reference nestled in the 3ds game"

You mean the directly preceding title?
Like the person above you said. I don't even understand which ones were actually important to play. And that's on Square. It's their marketing teams job to make sense and present it properly. Also having multiple titles, exclusive at the time. To varying platforms. But thing in to the same plot, is just bonkers. I'd venture to guess most KH players are like me. Played the first, maybe the second (because hey KH2). Then got completely lost in Squares flow chart of insantiy lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. Three trailers which were collectively the three best trailers for any game since the big Kingdom Hearts DDD trailer in 2012. "Mickey, you're too late" is already a massive pop cultural event going around on Twitter.

Kingdom Hearts III is going to be huge.

I want Larxene to step on me.

Who doesn't?

Like the person above you said. I don't even understand which ones were actually important to play. And that's on Square. It's their marketing teams job to make sense and present it properly. Also having multiple titles, exclusive at the time. To varying platforms. But thing in to the same plot, is just bonkers. I'd venture to guess most KH players are like me. Played the first, maybe the second (because hey KH2). Then got completely lost in Squares flow chart of insantiy lol.

They heavily promoted it as being the follow up to Kingdom Hearts II at the time, and that it was going to lead straight into III. It's not on Square if you didn't get that.

And no, "most Kingdom Hearts fans" aren't in your position. Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days were massive games, that sold fairly close to II (at least in the US). Birth by Sleep basically equaled Kingdom Hearts 1 in Japan. And the remaster collections have all done extremely well.

There are some people who only played I and II, but most people have played the majority of the games.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
The Last of Us Part II not even in the chart invalidates it.

where is battlefield v?

I'm not really surprised, half of their social media presence is people making disgusting homophobic/sexist tweets/comments about the gay/feminist agenda or whatever, those posts most likely count as negative in their algorithm. Nobody should expect them to be anywhere near the "best received game" chart.. Any discussion around those two games is incredibly toxic right now.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

You can play the whole series on PS4. What are you on about?
And for me, someone that actually played the games, the trailers made a whole lot of sense sorry.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There is no flowchart anymore though. There's two collections on PS4. There, you're done.