• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kingom hearts actually have a good story, it's just the constant parotting and repetitive narrative of people who haven't play the 5 games: kh1,kh2,bbs and kh3d, chain of memories.

The only thing you can dislike is the one dimensional characters and the uselessness of Kairi despite giving her main heroine role (lesser screentime than xion and aqua).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Kingom hearts actually have a good story, it's just the constant parotting and repetitive narrative of people who haven't play the 5 games: kh1,kh2,bbs and kh3d, chain of memories.

The only thing you can dislike is the one dimensional characters and the uselessness of Kairi despite giving her main heroine role (lesser screentime than xion and aqua).
People aren't allowed to dislike other things?

Oct 25, 2017
This hasn't been true since 2007.

Yeah, which was the height of the series popularity pre-3. BBS was above average and DDD was decent, but nothing really beyond that (KH2FM was good, but largely inaccessible to the west for a long time). 3 looks to be the first one to really compete with the greats of the genre.

Story and the worlds have been a major selling point since 2.

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Ughhh how to not science.

I'm gonna need receipts.

He doesn't even explain how he got the data.

"Positive sentiments" ?

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No audio localization apart English ? People seems to be livid over this in my feed right now.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, for anyone wondering there are 24 demo stations for Kingdom Hearts 3 and the line for the demo has been capped out for the last two days.

This morning, during media, vip, and industry, it took me one and a half hours to get from the end of the line to playing the game, and that doesn't include the time I waited before I could even get in the line.

There's five lines to get through just to play the game. It is insanely popular here. Some other demos get capped too, but that's like Spider-Man, Pokemon, and Tomb Raider. Kingdom Hearts 3 is really in demand.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would just move on did anyone have a burning desire to see goddamn Marluxia again?

This is a sign that Kingdom Hearts better do a good job with its story and presentation. People and critics have to be blown away by this game.
We are in way too deep at this point. It's going to be the same delicious shitshow it has been since the start.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would just move on did anyone have a burning desire to see goddamn Marluxia again?

Not me, but I was never really attached to the Org XIII outisde of Axel who has a more meaningful story compared to most of the rest. But that Aquanort thing was well juicy though. Watch how my boy Terra swoops in, reclaims his body and saves the day!

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I think many people are disappointed with Anthem. It's not the game you come to Bioware for normally, and BW has lost a lot of good will over the last few years. Plus, Destiny 2 has created a sense of negativity around these games.

Oct 25, 2017
Not me, but I was never really attached to the Org XIII outisde of Axel who has a more meaningful story compared to most of the rest. But that Aquanort thing was well juicy though. Watch how my boy Terra swoops in, reclaims his body and saves the day!
I mean if it was me I would have said push Axep because he's the best, and then dump the rest of organization 13 because they're mostly just boring jobbers.

I am looking forward to Ven and Terra getting back in the game.

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space
User Warned: Antagonizing other users
People aren't allowed to dislike other things?

Ughhh how to not science.

I'm gonna need receipts.

He doesn't even explain how he got the data.

"Positive sentiments" ?

It has more likes AND dislikes than the Cyberpunk trailer despite having less views.
And it even is quite controversial for a lot of assholes out there, hence the high number of dislikes. In other words: People are talking about it.

There is absolutely no way TLoU2 is not one of the most-discussed games. Something went wrong with this analysis - or whatever this is.

And this is why no VII:R trailer it would of blown KH3 out of the water

Was it positive commentary on Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, the only things I'm positive about Kingdom Hearts is that I have no idea what's going on, the voice direction or writing or both is horrible, and Xbox owners who want to understand what's going on should have been offered the Kingdom Hearts collection...

The action is pretty subpar for the genre. People are definitely at least partially playing for the nonsense of the story.

That's weird. Definitely not the vibe I've been getting from Twitter/Discord/here. All the dark-grim stuff seems to be what people are talking about. But then again, the trailers from KH3 pretty much turned me off the game, so I kind of stopped paying attention. I think it looks terrible.

IfwOGCG.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Man hopefully the plot for this game doesn't half to revolve around people not divulging sensitive information to Sora. Everything could've have gone much easier in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
The edge. You became an old ass so you are not expected to care or enjoy kh, despite being a fan? Lol.
My tastes have changed. Back in the day, I would've played KH3 with a smile on my face. As long as the gameplay was tight, the tunes were awesome, and Final Fantasy characters made their appearances, I was down for whatever.

However, that was many moons ago and I prefer to get my melodrama from the Yakuza series. I can acknowledge the amount of love and time that they've put into the KH series, but it's not my cup of tea.

Oct 25, 2017
Npw to make a post that's actually on topic. Disney properties have never been bigger and Square Enix is on this weird ascendancy so this reception really isn't that surprising.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After watching a good handful of 1X footage, the game almost looks like a Pixar film. Really damn good looking and great framerates.

Calfirma

Oct 31, 2017
Is the Japanese Aqua that bad?
IIRC no

I mean, I agree that aqua is the character that most suffer but I think that it's why she's such a great character.

I never said she was a bad character. I was just explaining how she was depressing.
I agree with you because it means there is more riding on her actions and so you'd often rout for her and stuff because you just want to help her but her sadness also just breaks your heart so I kinda hate her for that

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Line is forever capped all three days at e3 this year. I was able to get in cuz made friends with a square rep.. the love for Kh3 is very much alive!

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean if it was me I would have said push Axep because he's the best, and then dump the rest of organization 13 because they're mostly just boring jobbers.

I am looking forward to Ven and Terra getting back in the game.
I can't really tell the org 13 members apart except for Axel, Roxas, and Xemnas

Demyx is goofy and fights wia guitar (?) that makes water dance. I think Xigbar is arrogant and has an eye patch? Saix is...sad? (even though he has no emotions) Can't remember the others. Think maybe there was one that was sort of a Joker figure?

But I haven't played Chain of Memories (where I think about half was killed off? But they're back now?) 352.81944 days and DDD yet. I'm playing Chains of Memories right now, and will watch the Days video. And then DDD later this year. Hopefully that'll be enough to get me up to speed