• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like the person above you said. I don't even understand which ones were actually important to play. And that's on Square. It's their marketing teams job to make sense and present it properly. Also having multiple titles, exclusive at the time. To varying platforms. But thing in to the same plot, is just bonkers. I'd venture to guess most KH players are like me. Played the first, maybe the second (because hey KH2). Then got completely lost in Squares flow chart of insantiy lol.
All of them were important to play. And I do agree that Square did a poor job with this over the years. The one good thing is that they finally made a collection which has all of the games on them, some turned into movies. but then you also have KH3 coming to Xbox and they aren't even getting a collection so it's still poor. Square is really dumb with their handling of KH.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
0.2 was kinda depressing, watched all her friends and teacher get fucked. I suppose you could argue she is has been generally handled iffy.

Side note: She is a good character EXCEPT her...lacking VA
She's improved a lot since vanilla BbS. There's a night and day difference between her delivery in vanilla BbS and with her delivery in the Secret Episode for BbSFM and 0.2

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well she is been suffering for really long time now
0.2 was kinda depressing, watched all her friends and teacher get fucked. I suppose you could argue she is has been generally handled iffy.

I mean, I agree that aqua is the character that most suffer but I think that it's why she's such a great character.

And I like her VA. haha

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

I'm kind of astounded how her English VA still sucks after all these years.
Is the Japanese Aqua that bad?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
We're all going to get norted. Nomura wants us all to fall into darkness.

This is the producer for Kingdom Hearts 3:

maxresdefault.jpg

5381.OFA_2D00_8.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

This is Master Xehanort:

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

People are already being Nort'd irl!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is no flowchart anymore though. There's two collections on PS4. There, you're done.
Years and years later yes. What I'm saying is. Why is anyone suprised that you get responses like mine given the circumstances.

I'll probably give them a shot now. But that's just being silly to be like, oh here's all the games finally brought together we'll after their hayday.

I have 1.5/2.5 what else am I supposed to have?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Years and years later yes. What I'm saying is. Why is anyone suprised that you get responses like mine given the circumstances.

I'll probably give them a shot now. But that's just being silly to be like, oh here's all the games finally brought together we'll after their hayday.

I have 1.5/2.5 what else am I supposed to have?

Just 2.8 since it comes with KH Dream Drop Distance and KH 0.2.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of them were important to play. And I do agree that Square did a poor job with this over the years. The one good thing is that they finally made a collection which has all of the games on them, some turned into movies. but then you also have KH3 coming to Xbox and they aren't even getting a collection so it's still poor. Square is really dumb with their handling of KH.
Yea... That's dissapointing for Xbox players. Seems like most people's best bet it just to watch YouTube/movie versions of the games in chronological. And then still be confused lol.

Just 2.8 since it comes with KH Dream Drop Distance and KH 0.2.

Which collection do I play first?

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I agree that aqua is the character that most suffer but I think that it's why she's such a great character.

And I like her VA. haha
I agree. She's really great and often shows great resolve and courage, and the 0.2 was good in her discussion of her own resolve and courage and how the darkness and doubt was finally starting to break that down. She's been trapped in that realm trying to survive for years and with no sense of time in that place it also takes its toll. She's the best of the BBS protags imo.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk and KH3 being this highly thought of while being follow ups for my two favorite games of all time is kinda cool.

Surprised The Last of Us 2 isn't anywhere though. Not shocked Jump Force is so high though; niggas love anime, man.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
When did we find out she was the most popular character? I figured it would be Riku or some Organization member. Was there a poll?

Famitus poll.

Aqua obliterated everyone else.

Q3. Who is your favorite male character?
1. Sora (284 votes)
2. Roxas (210 votes)
3. Axel (188 votes)
4. Riku (98 votes)
5. Terra (38 votes)
6. Ventus (32 votes)
7. Vanitas (14 votes)
7. Demyx (14 votes)
9. Xigbar (10 votes)
10. Xemnas (7 votes)
10. Mickey Mouse (7 votes)
10. Marluxia (7 votes)
10. Cloud (7 votes)

Q5. Who is your favorite female character?
1. Aqua (397 votes)
2. Xion (208 votes)
3. Kairi (182 votes)
4. Namine (112 votes)
5. Larxene (10 votes)
6. Olette (6 votes)
6. Tifa (6 votes)
8. Maleficent (4 votes)
8. Ava (4 votes)
10. Yuffie (3 votes)

To be fair, they split it up in categories between male and female but at the very least, Aqua is everyone's favorite female character.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played .2 yet, but I don't buy that Aqua's suffering beats Xion's suffering. Guess I'll have to get on that.

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
People saw it coming but didn't want it to happen, she's suffered endlessly in the series.

No, people didn't see it coming.

There's nothing in the past games pointing out this could happen. If we had seen Ventus instead of her possessed, it wouldn't have been as shocking due events in 0.2, but that's not the case for Aqua. What was always pointed is the fact that Riku and Mickey are going to save her from the realm of darkness.

So yeah, that moment was a shocking moment to anyone that's been following the series to date. What made it more impactful to the fans was the fact that he's been the biggest punching bag of the main cast in the series after the events in 0.2

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Haven't played .2 yet, but I don't buy that Aqua's suffering beats Xion's suffering. Guess I'll have to get on that.

It does because Xion at least stopped suffering after a year once she "died" at the end

Aqua just continues to suffer alone in a hellish underworld where all she does it walk, fight, ruminate over the past and hate herself.

That 12 years of suffering ends with a bodysnatching is pretty depressing.

Oct 25, 2017
Xion suffered for a year. Aqua has suffered for 12.

You played BBS and you don't think it does? Damn really thinking about it, every female character except kairi really suffers a lot in this series...

Yeah I played BBS and still thought of Xion as the most tragic character. There's a special kind of suffering that comes with being a sentient amalgamation of identities whose very existence is unstable. At least Aqua can be remembered.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
This must have ended right when Nintendo's direct wrapped since Smash was trending all day and had the number in that graph on Twitter alone in terms of tweets.

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space
Famitus poll.

Aqua obliterated everyone else.

Q3. Who is your favorite male character?
1. Sora (284 votes)
2. Roxas (210 votes)
3. Axel (188 votes)
4. Riku (98 votes)
5. Terra (38 votes)
6. Ventus (32 votes)
7. Vanitas (14 votes)
7. Demyx (14 votes)
9. Xigbar (10 votes)
10. Xemnas (7 votes)
10. Mickey Mouse (7 votes)
10. Marluxia (7 votes)
10. Cloud (7 votes)

Q5. Who is your favorite female character?
1. Aqua (397 votes)
2. Xion (208 votes)
3. Kairi (182 votes)
4. Namine (112 votes)
5. Larxene (10 votes)
6. Olette (6 votes)
6. Tifa (6 votes)
8. Maleficent (4 votes)
8. Ava (4 votes)
10. Yuffie (3 votes)

To be fair, they split it up in categories between male and female but at the very least, Aqua is everyone's favorite female character.

That's a good list. I'd put Namine a little higher but that's basically how I'd rank the characters.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
These stats seem...off.

You mean to tell me that The Last of Us Part 2 had less than 1.5k mentions on social media? Unless these stats were pulled before Sony's conference I can 100% guarantee you that it's wrong.

Even if that were the case, it seems like a stretch.

Edit: Just checked, one tweet by Naughty Dog has 3.6k retweets, so...

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised Halo is that high, considering it's being developed by 343 industries.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This graphic can't be right.

Pokemon isn't being talked about AT ALL?! Assassin's is at < 3k post volume so I would imagine Pokemon would definitely be up there.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense. My twitter TL was basically all KHIII and sad Animal Crossing memes LOL

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome to see and actually a little surprised. Doesn't seem to dominate many people around me so didn't think it's be this widely appealing.

TheChamp

Abused the Buy/Sell/Trade thread
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is why no VII:R trailer it would of blown KH3 out of the water

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
MS better not fuck up with Halo infinite. They have a great opportunity here to take Halo back to where it once was.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Was it positive commentary on Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, the only things I'm positive about Kingdom Hearts is that I have no idea what's going on, the voice direction or writing or both is horrible, and Xbox owners who want to understand what's going on should have been offered the Kingdom Hearts collection...