• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It isnt new because Thresh has it

Which makes it strange that they emphasize that its a unique implementation, which means theres something to it that we dont know.

Maybe get souls, R puts you in a different state with different skills, and if you have sufficient souls you can expend them on empowered skills, wherein the souls will be spent?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That idea sounds like a fusion of Kayn and Viktor but on a more dynamic tempo. Would be game for seeing how that would play.

Guess it could be a case of collect souls/spend souls for R, where time in R is directly proportional to your soul level. But that just seems like a Gnar-lite where you choose when you're Mega. Would be too hard to balance so probably not it.

E: hit post when I meant to hit preview

Why does First Win of the Day not activate if you're in a game. If your FWOTD is within the next 20~ minutes it almost makes no sense to start a round in case you "lose" your win from it. On the same thoughts of "why": Check out our new rune page! I know you know about it because you've seen this pop-up for a month, but check out our new rune page!

Last edited:

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Why oh why did I reinstall this game haha? I just want to rant and say one-shot kills are such bs. I kept getting deleted by Rengar all game before I could even react lol.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Stopwatch takes some getting used to. At first I'm like "Huh? adc gets Zhonyas now?" before realizing what it was lol.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nunu top has been alot more fun now that I swapped aery for Comet. Actually ranked up in honor level cuz of it. Was on a nice winning streak for a bit til I match made with absolutely garbage teammates who didn't know shit from their own ass.

Still tho.. it's been fun. Only one thing.

How do I stop these assholes from cancelling my ult.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
can't you just early release your Ult

Also who is cancelling it (general question)? Keep vision on them and know that if you start Ult without eyes on 'em, or you know they are in the fight, that you should either do a short Ult or hold off for a better time/position/fight.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yorick tips ? Took him top and got fucked by gnar. I admit I wasn't properly summoning the ghouls but I need rune and item tips.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay it's totally troll but Starcraft is fun in LoL with Banner and Zz'Rot

Wouldn't bring it to Ranked, but in Draft Pick it's such dumb fun. Ruby Sightstone + Ingenious Hunter = hilarity in unattended side lanes.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I don't own all the champions yet and this whole crafting system is new to me.

I see a bunch of stuff in my loot:
Blue Essence Orb
Champion Capsule
Glorious Champion Capsule
Hextech Chest
Gemstone
Key Fragment
And a few different Master 6 tokens

All I really want to do is to get all the champions. What should I do with these?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Activate the Blue Essence Orb and open all the Champion capsules, those are free to open and how you get Blue Essence (IP), now. They give you shards for characters that you can either make Permanent at a discounted IP price, or be grinded into essence.

That's really the only thing that actually matters with the crafting mechanics, because the rest of it has to do with skins/loading screen add-ons, or requires real money.

You require 3 Key Fragments to make 1 Key. You get fragments at random for "keeping it sportsmanlike" (getting Honor and at random, I'd guess). You use keys to open Hextech Chests, which you get from personally achieving or being queud with someone that gets an S- or higher in a game. Only one chest per champion per... Season? Every few months? Also you can only get a certain number of chests every few days. You can see how many keys, chests and Orange Essence (used for skins) you have in the bottom-left corner of the Loot menu. Hextech Chests are just for cosmetic I think?

Mastery Tokens confuse me still tbh (what's a champion permanent?), but they just let you level up your character's level from 5 to 6 and 7. Just changes your loading screen banner when you use those champs. Not really important for the game itself.

Oh and I have no idea what a Gemstone is lol, never had one of those

Last edited:

Deleted member 18192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Banner is so good atm in low elo, People ignore it and you just get free towers.

Also how come I get great teams till im in promos then i get a bunch of monkeys

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't own all the champions yet and this whole crafting system is new to me.

I see a bunch of stuff in my loot:
Blue Essence Orb
Champion Capsule
Glorious Champion Capsule
Hextech Chest
Gemstone
Key Fragment
And a few different Master 6 tokens

All I really want to do is to get all the champions. What should I do with these?
Blue Essence Orb <- consume em, that's free IP
Champion Capsule <- consume it, that gives you champion shards and IP
Glorious Champion Capsule <- consume it, same
Hextech Chest <- open it if you have keys, you get champion and skin shards
Gemstone <- you can use 5 or 10 to craft special skins, or you can consume it to create a hextech chest+key
Key Fragment <- combine 3 to make a key, then use that key to open chests
And a few different Master 6 tokens <- use IP or a corresponding champion shard to unlock that champion into mastery 6.

Oct 26, 2017
I swear I can't play a snow urf game without a Jax. And I've gotten Shyv 3 times now. Is the pool EVERY champ, or do they narrow it? 20+ games and I keep seeeing the same champs.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
So if I get a Champion Shard for a champion I already own. Is there any point in me keeping it, or should I go ahead and disenchant it?

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ziggs is pretty annoying in ARAM. Completely destroyed me in my games last night.

And man, getting thrown into a position with a hero you've never played in PVP is pretty scary. I only play support in any moba, but had to go solo lane as Galio. We still won somehow.

Where are you supposed to play Poppy? Got a shard for her.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
So if I get a Champion Shard for a champion I already own. Is there any point in me keeping it, or should I go ahead and disenchant it?
you can avoid having to spend IP (BE) to upgrade your champion mastery using champion shards, but other than that they're just money for you to use

just should consume them unless they're for a champion you like and play a lot

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
OjNcKEY.png

I'm going to have to get everything but Darius, huh

:-/

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got into a super toxic game just now
This shit really hurts my joy of Mobas. Like hell, people take this stuff way to seriously. People make mistakes, get over it.

Edit: Again. This time directly aimed at me.

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that shit's the worst

my advice would be:
- trying to always play with friends (this is what i do, i never play alone)
- mute ppl the second you feel they're being toxic
- turn off /all chat

some ppl immediately mute everyone but i feel that's not such a great idea since sometimes you'll want to communicate a bit but you can do that also

remember you can also mute pings

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
One thing I've been noticing in my elo (just got back to Platinum V) is that assassin players can never switch to objectives mid to late game. I'm maining support and we'd have a huge double digit lead, only to lose it late game. The assassins still only focus on kills and then scales out horribly. The amount of comebacks that opposing teams have made is honestly embarrassing lol.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
One thing I've been noticing in my elo (just got back to Platinum V) is that assassin players can never switch to objectives mid to late game. I'm maining support and we'd have a huge double digit lead, only to lose it late game. The assassins still only focus on kills and then scales out horribly. The amount of comebacks that opposing teams have made is honestly embarrassing lol.
People need to learn their priorities...
Early Game: CS > Kills
Mid/Late Game: Objectives > Kills

Kills are only worthwhile because they let you get CS and Objectives; they also deny CS and Objectives to your opponents. if you have to go out of your way to get kills and miss CS/Objectives. It simply isn't worth it.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
just curious how everyone here feels about this;

siyou:
last game. played against a guy with the name "BURNJEWSBURN"
siyou:
how does this remain acceptable in the community?
Cardcaptor3530:
im dissapointed more people dont have names like that
siyou:
so let me get this straight
siyou:
if i'm offended by this, what then?
siyou:
grow thicker skin?
fatalxtwinkieKINBO:
u guess
fatalxtwinkieKINBO:
just dont worry about it

"just don't worry about it". Logical approach to this?

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Report the guy with the name. Talking to people in the q with you isn't gonna get anything done, except maybe make you angrier if there's edgelords in your team

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
assassin mains are kind of dumb, tho it's a bit of an issue with assassin kits, it's not like an assassin can do much more than kill you know?

like when i play talon it gets harder the longer the game goes on to be useful, specially since he's not the best duelist/splitpusher

that's kind of why i mostly play leblanc, she's an assassin with kind of a mage kit

just curious how everyone here feels about this;

siyou:
last game. played against a guy with the name "BURNJEWSBURN"
siyou:
how does this remain acceptable in the community?
Cardcaptor3530:
im dissapointed more people dont have names like that
siyou:
so let me get this straight
siyou:
if i'm offended by this, what then?
siyou:
grow thicker skin?
fatalxtwinkieKINBO:
u guess
fatalxtwinkieKINBO:
just dont worry about it

"just don't worry about it". Logical approach to this?
report the nazi, don't bring this stuff up with random league strangers, chances are they're idiots that think that sort of stuff is funny

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I did report the person, but the worst part is, usually with reports you get a notification within a few hours if something has been done. Nothing came up, at all.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I see stuff that bad, I don't mute because I want as much ammo as possible to use in reports. And yeah, I know you said you reported them, but that's really all to say. Report them, keep everyone unmuted, and then throw reports at anyone else who joins it.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I did get a notification once pretty instantly after reporting the player. I can only assume that was their 50th report by then though haha.

For tank sup, I noticed the 2 builds are between Eye of the Equinox or the Face of the Mountain/Ruby Sightstone combo. Is there a situation to go one over the other?

Oct 26, 2017
The first few years of League, their reporting system really disappointed the hell out of me. Here in the last year, I've been impressed with how many pieces of shit I get notices back on having something done to them from my reports.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys do when you have to play a role you dont want to play or suck as? I fear for the day i have to play a jungler. I just want to stick to support heroes.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I did get a notification once pretty instantly after reporting the player. I can only assume that was their 50th report by then though haha.
it's rare tho, cos it only notifies the last person that reported someone that got banned

so that means that you can report someone and they'll get banned because of a later offense and someone else will be notified instead

For tank sup, I noticed the 2 builds are between Eye of the Equinox or the Face of the Mountain/Ruby Sightstone combo. Is there a situation to go one over the other?
i'm not a support player but i think ppl generally take eye for slot efficiency, since sighstone won't take a "real item" slot

i don't see many players go for face of the mountain tbh

What do you guys do when you have to play a role you dont want to play or suck as? I fear for the day i have to play a jungler. I just want to stick to support heroes.
depends, if it's solo q then i'll just dodge if i get jungle. if it's like flex i'll just play elise and inevitably cost our team the game cos i can't jungle

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Killed Ashe after buying Trinity with yorick. In one push I destroyed all top lane turrets and halfway dmg on inhib.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
depends, if it's solo q then i'll just dodge if i get jungle. if it's like flex i'll just play elise and inevitably cost our team the game cos i can't jungle

I rather dislike jungle too (ok, I really dislike jng) but if you haven't tried them, Ivern and WW are ridiculously easy to clear with and are somewhat annoying to invade.