• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dbonyx

Oct 28, 2017
Really interested in sci-fi themed UCS-style MOCs ---- I purchased a bunch of the Star Wars ones from Anio, the Mortesv Nebulon B Medical Frigate and a few other Star Wars ones, but have yet to purchase parts for them.

I also picked up the instructions and also all parts for a UCS Viper Mk II from Battlestar Galactica, courtesy of the recommendations from the original LEGO community thread.

What other UCS-style MOCs do you all know of and recommend? Interested in those that have instructions & parts lists available for purchase, and that have a space or sci-fi theme. Particuarly interested in:

Star Wars
Battlestar Galactica
Alien
Real-life space vehicles (like the Expedition, Saturn V etc)

Could you suggest good MOC instructions for X Wing, TIE and TIE Advanced in minifig scale?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
What other UCS-style MOCs do you all know of and recommend? Interested in those that have instructions & parts lists available for purchase, and that have a space or sci-fi theme. Particuarly interested in:
Back around 2012 when I was getting back into LEGO, I really wanted to make this MOC of the Normandy from Mass Effect: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/314479

But it was pretty large (70cm long) and at the time I didn't really have a budget for Bricklinking something that large.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know I grabbed the Hobgoblin/Ghost Rider/Spider-Man set at Target today for $10.99. Damn near half off.

They took all the Star Wars sets and raised them back to MSRP for that Millenium Falcon polybag deal they are running. I didn't pay attention to much else.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Look what came today!! THANK YOU Minifigs.me!!

This will go handsomely with my Saturn V.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know I grabbed the Hobgoblin/Ghost Rider/Spider-Man set at Target today for $10.99. Damn near half off.

They took all the Star Wars sets and raised them back to MSRP for that Millenium Falcon polybag deal they are running. I didn't pay attention to much else.
Clearance sales are crap in my town. But that is a great price on the Ghost Rider set. Sure, Ghost Rider is awesome and all, but HOBGOBLIN! Always down for Spidey villain figures.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

I got that Target deal also, didn't even know there was a Ghost Rider bike (and Hobgoblin!) set so I was thrilled to pick that up.

In other news, looks like the new Nexo Knights sets are starting to come out. I'm a big fan of the darker themed sets they are going with for the bad guys this time around, could make for some cool MOC's.

72002.png

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Barnes and Noble clearance is 75% off this week only. Was able to snag the Angry Birds ship set for $15. And got some Mario SHF Figure Arts figures as well since they were cheap.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Those new LEGO Batman minifigs reminded me that I need to order my favorite one I missed from the last batch; the PJ Batman with Lobster.

rdam

Oct 26, 2017
Have there been reveals of the minifigs included in TLBM sets yet? I remember reading about a Condiment King and Crazy Quilt, thought we'd have seen an announcement by now :/

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have a house and some room to display stuff I am really tempted to jump into the Winter Village stuff. They seem a bit overpriced though.

It would be my first dive into non Star Wars/DC/Marvel/City stuff.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty cool city setup. Looks like they based a lot of it on recent City themes.

This is a pretty cool series.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have there been reveals of the minifigs included in TLBM sets yet? I remember reading about a Condiment King and Crazy Quilt, thought we'd have seen an announcement by now :/

Pictures of almost all of the new TLBM figures have been leaked on instagram. Some of the most recent leaks seem to be from printed materials, probably means the official announcement is imminent.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Pretty cool city setup. Looks like they based a lot of it on recent City themes.

This is a pretty cool series.

Ha! I have seen that first video by chance the other day... was kinda disappointed though since it said underwater world or something and i was expecting something a bit more

awe-inspiring i guess... I'd even put Jang's Underwater setup before theirs with the blue lighting and whatnot.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ha! I have seen that first video by chance the other day... was kinda disappointed though since it said underwater world or something and i was expecting something a bit more

awe-inspiring i guess... I'd even put Jang's Underwater setup before theirs with the blue lighting and whatnot.
The Silent Mary underwater was pretty cool.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TRU BF ad is out. Hope no one was expecting alot, 40% off 10 select sets, 4 shown were Tail Gator, Ninjago city of stiix, Disney Frozen (Arrendale castle?) and Kylo Ren command shuttle. Another year of Walmart Creator box being best deal barring price glitches. Best to spend money on Dimensions fire sales.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017

Ghost Rider has the best minifig hair.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
TRU BF ad is out. Hope no one was expecting alot, 40% off 10 select sets, 4 shown were Tail Gator, Ninjago city of stiix, Disney Frozen (Arrendale castle?) and Kylo Ren command shuttle. Another year of Walmart Creator box being best deal barring price glitches. Best to spend money on Dimensions fire sales.

LOL at that mess. Tail Gator was $15 at my local Walmart. The Frozen set has been around that price for awhile now.

Waiting for the inevitable accidental stacking deals. They always happen, just need to be ready for them...

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
True i forgot about that... That was a nice touch... i remember missing the Zombie sharks though no?
Well, in this context (using Mary as a ship wreck and not a ghost ship) it is like complaining that it is missing Jack Sparrow or Salazar. The shark does not fit.

And about dealss: is this Friday for the Lego webstore right? Plus double points.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Well, in this context (using Mary as a ship wreck and not a ghost ship) it is like complaining that it is missing Jack Sparrow or Salazar. The shark does not fit.

And about dealss: is this Friday for the Lego webstore right? Plus double points.

I was all hopped up for Friday double points and then looked at the calendar again and saw it's actually Saturday and Sunday.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Calender says November 18-19 VIPs get double points and special Brick friday offers.

So it is really Saturday and Sunday but vips get eraly acces to some deals.

Yea that's what calendar and shop@home site says. I may have to skip JokerManor for right now because of funds but if we get double VIP this weekend but not next and still get the free nutcracker I may get Destinys Bounty this weekend.

Deleted member 8702

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Calender says November 18-19 VIPs get double points and special Brick friday offers.

So it is really Saturday and Sunday but vips get eraly acces to some deals.

Oh I see now, there's two brick Friday weekends. This is kind of a downer for me, I would have liked getting double VIP on the Joker Manor.

Palace Cinema 20% off lets go!

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Another year of Walmart Creator box being best deal barring price glitches.

Yeah, it seemed like a good deal to me too. I just ordered one box. One day I intend to pool all my sets and categorize my parts, but I haven't had the guts to do it yet. In the meantime I'll be able to use this creative box to build random stuff. I already have a tub of medium and big bricks but there's not much interesting things you can do without the smaller specialized parts. Can't wait to receive it in the mail!

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
For any Canadians that wanted to pick up the Walmart Black Friday Creator set, it is now available online

Looks good for parts anyways so I ordered 2.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the new modular comes out early January? I am shocked there is no leak yet.

If it comes out in january, a reveal should be imminent as the january store calender is about the drop. It's also possible the release of modulars shifts back to march, like it used to be. If so, we'll have to wait probably.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Are the new nexo knight baddies' tranparent parts the same green as blacktron or the other darker green?

Oct 28, 2017
England
High quality pictures of the upcoming TLBM wave. I think they all look great, very glad we got this extra wave!

uWsRr8p.jpg

dtepVwW.jpg
lzBMI4s.jpg

3HgcetF.jpg

rkwYAyn.jpg

Should I keep spoilering images in the future?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
The thing with Brick Bank is that it's already £10 dearer than it was when it was released, so even a 20% discount will only knock £15 or so off of its old price. It's better than nothing, but for a £100+ set it's not really an amazing deal or anything.

It's the highlight of the list as far as hard-to-find sets go, but yeah.

chub

Oct 28, 2017
The European shop.lego.com also says that the Nutcracker freebie (with purchases over €65) is starting on 23rd November, but is only available for 5 days.

It looks a bit weird to me, nowhere near as good as last year's snow globe.

bfcm-teaser-nutcracker--201711--em--2up-tall-foreground