• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the main problem is the price tag. $40 for Setsuna, $50 for Lost Sphear and $60 for Traveler is insane. I know Traveler is from the Bravely Default team but seriously, these games should be no more than $20 digital only. Not double to triple. If the games were $20, I think that they would do better sales and reviews wise.
after the Octopath demo, I'm more than willing to drop $60 on the game. more for a special edition like Bravely Default's even.

Lost Sphear? this should have been a $30 game. not even worth $40 like Bravely Default was

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Got slaughtered by that Archer lady Boss fight lol...those JRPG demos where they start you out with a ton of stuff and dont really expliain much are confusing at first...I know I have to move around but one thing is with the analog only and it messed me up...kinda liked it thogh,I have a quicksave before the fight but its probably gone now that I closed the game...going to retry later,I was starting to get the hang of things,going to leave it at semi active for now and remove that purple shadow that auto targets the closest guy you can attack...

Kelegacy

Nov 12, 2017
Maine
I was looking forward to the game until I played it. After not even 5 minutes I was done with the game but continued on. Still, no.

It could just be the demo was really bad. Now it's completely off my radar.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Oof, this is rough. Definitely worse than Setsuna. :(

Still psyched for Octopath Traveler, but this is a hard pass...

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Got slaughtered by that Archer lady Boss fight lol...those JRPG demos where they start you out with a ton of stuff and dont really expliain much are confusing at first...I know I have to move around but one thing is with the analog only and it messed me up...kinda liked it thogh,I have a quicksave before the fight but its probably gone now that I closed the game...going to retry later,I was starting to get the hang of things,going to leave it at semi active for now and remove that purple shadow that auto targets the closest guy you can attack...

On the other hand, I killed the boss way too quickly and didn't even get to see how difficult the fight could have gotten. Setsuna was very easy though, so perhaps devs are trying to make it difficult. Still, if you use all of the game's systems, it'll still be quite easy.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So reading through this thread completely shattered my hopes for this game.

General consensus seems to be a hard pass :(

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Couldn't stand the demo. The letter type used and the fact that the text blobs don't show any pictures of the characters was enough for me to go and delete it straight away.