• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Could Chloe and Pierce really be affecting Lucifer that much? Also with Charlotte now knowing and Pierce's scheming we have to be close to the point where Chloe finds out the truth right?

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like what the show is doing with Maze. Hopefully the Omicronians are fans of the show...

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I hope this is there way of saying the actress wants out of the show... don't see he redeeming herself anymore
We get she's a demon, but she was softening up enough you could tolerate her craziness, now she is turning against everyone

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting sick and tired of this whole bit where Lucifer intentionally or accidentally keeps pushing Chloe away. It keeps happening over and over again.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show is a procedural that knows its will they won't they is probably its biggest draw for the audience that keeps up with it...

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The show is a procedural that knows its will they won't they is probably its biggest draw for the audience that keeps up with it...

This season has been the worst in regards to this. Multiple times within the same episode, you have Lucifier wanting to be close to Chloe for half an episode, then wanting to do the opposite, and then Chloe offers him a way to get what he wants, and he doesn't even realise what's being offered. He also does the reverse of this as well (not wanting her, and then changing his mind before the episode ends).

Almost every episode now has this cat and mouse game, but Lucifer being the single most obtuse person ever, just makes this whole thing irritating.

I hated what happened in the end with Castle (mainly due to leads having a falling out). But they took their sweet time building that relationship, and it built up naturally. What you're seeing between Lucifer and Chloe happening in an episode, would span half a season or more, and it never went up and down so drastically. That's the problem I have. It's every episode this song and dance keeps happening in.
Yeah its pretty tiresome at this point.

How does Lucifer not realise Pearce is playing him? Lol

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was gonna mention this show is like Castle, but with.... the Devil and demons and angels

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You mean this show is like every other "by-the-book female detective with zany non-cop sidekick" show, right? :P

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Superman finally breaks his curse, probably because he made the sacrifice to not hurt Chloe, a divine emissary of god... a redeemer for the Devil and for Cain
And now the two of those meatheads have to fight over her with a wedding proposal

Fucking hell man

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Now we get to find out what Maze is going to do when she realizes that he betrayed her. Things going to get dark.

And that was a killer version of In the Air Tonight at the end of the episode. I dug it.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Maze wanted to fuck with Luci, she was part right, to play on Luci's daddy issues

Maybe she should renounce her demon ways and go full on Angel to work with god

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
They need to drop the procedural angle. It's beyond tired when the show started and I've just skipped them since this season.

Chloe needs to find out, they need to go on road trip and deal with more supernatural stuff. I'm only interested in this show due to the supernatural everything else is second fiddle.

I would be more ok with the procedural if the writing was any good, but it's not.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show is a procedural first and supernatural stuff second. They don't have the budget, or the commitment to go full tilt into that stuff as much as they could

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Someone should gif the no sleep let's drug moment. Totally random shit fitful for a lot of threads :)

Either way, great EP!

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like they are gradually making Lucifer less smart with time just so he can learn a fortune cookie moral teaching in every episode. Most of which he would have known already seeing how savvy he acted in previous seasons, but now he seems to know less of everything just so the writers can teach him something new.

Last edited:

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the writing is really not up to par this season. Maze's heel turn is so forced. Like yeah, she has a quick temper, but nothing that has happened comes even close to justifying her turning her back on all her friends like that.

What was Pierce's plan supposed to be? Make Chloe fall in love with him... to break his curse? Why would it do that? Except now it does seem to have done just that for some reason... Or maybe it's because he stopped himself from "hurting her"? But he's already hurt her by doing that. What does it matter if she said the words or not? This makes no sense to me.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think Pierce's plan was to prove to God that he can be loved, so his way of thinking was,"if I can prove I can be loved, the curse will lift" because she of course is a special human. But it turned out it was lifted because he made a self sacrifice of not wanting to use her. So now that he is not cursed he can now grow old and he happened to find someone to grow old with he wants to keep it alive.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lucifer used to have some dignity and weight, but it's becoming more rom com the longer it goes
Maze is a demon, and underling of Hell to serve the Devil, not be trying to hatch schemes to "hurt" his feelings
They keep downplaying how major of a deal he is supposed to be

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Lucifer used to have some dignity and weight, but it's becoming more rom com the longer it goes
Maze is a demon, and underling of Hell to serve the Devil, not be trying to hatch schemes to "hurt" his feelings
They keep downplaying how major of a deal he is supposed to be

Agreed. Lucifer should be able to put an end to Maze's shit quick fast. I also don't like where this is going with Pierce now "in love" with Chloe. So the rest of the season is going to be him and Lucifer battling it out for her? Also after spending the whole season trying to die, now he's gonna want to live for her? All this plus the lack of supernatural elements is really hurting the show for me right now I'm sad to say. :-| This show could really be something special if it was on another outlet and had a bigger budget and more dedication from the writing crew.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Have to agree with everyone else. Lucifer, both show and the character, are at their best when Lucifer goes in full blown angry Lord of Hell mode. The moping emo shit is getting overdone.

And seriously, it's ridiculous that he hasn't shown Chloe yet. "It is so important for you to believe me that Pierce is actually Cain and doesn't have your best interest in mind! But I'm not going to show you my wings to prove it because, reasons!" Siiiiigh

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Chloe's a bad detective and a bad friend for not following up on anything Lucifer says. If one of my closest friends was constantly talking about his angel brethren and being convinced he was an angel that did seemingly angelic stuff, I wouldn't be like lol so quirky. I'd need to figure out why he's saying that. Why he thinks it's funny to say that, or why he believes it, or why he's compelled to. I don't know.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
"Oh I love her but I won't tell her. But then I'll get mad when she falls in love with someone else and act like a giant baby around her. But then I won't explain to her why I'm acting like this when she asks. Oh but I don't like seeing her with someone else, so I'll talk to my shrink, and I'll misconstrue what she says and come up with a new way to push her away because I'm an idiot.

Chloe wants proof to believe, I won't show it to her but I'll talk about myself and my angelic brothers and my father like I don't expect her to think I'm crazy. Now I'm going to try to fight for her without telling her why...oh no I changed my mind because that's what my dad would want me to do, so I'm going to push her away instead. Oh I'm so miserable, it's all my daddy's fault!"

Fuck off Lucifer. Every god damn episode. Guess what the preview for next episode shows? More of this fucking thing.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lucifer is the one in denial about his feelings for Chloe... he never outright says or thinks he's in love with Chloe... how would he know what love was... he is the Devil.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Lucifer is the one in denial about his feelings for Chloe... he never outright says or thinks he's in love with Chloe... how would he know what love was... he is the Devil.
Lucifer almost told Chloe the truth and was fully aware he was falling for her. You do recall he left her hanging when he discovered that Chloe's mother was purposefully made pregnant by his brother on his father's command. He felt that he was being manipulated by his father. This is when he ran off without a trace after telling Chloe he had something super important to tell her and when they were essentially about to be come a couple.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the tribute to Miami Vice at the end with in the air tonight playing as Lucifer drives, one of the most iconic 80s TV scenes. Great episode, the Caine/Chloe stuff totally did not go the way I thought it would

The Lucifer cover is by Jon Howard

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Chloe's a bad detective and a bad friend for not following up on anything Lucifer says. If one of my closest friends was constantly talking about his angel brethren and being convinced he was an angel that did seemingly angelic stuff, I wouldn't be like lol so quirky. I'd need to figure out why he's saying that. Why he thinks it's funny to say that, or why he believes it, or why he's compelled to. I don't know.
That would be the logical, and direct, thing to do. But we need to drag this out for another season before the truth is realized.

Like The Blacklist. I fucking hate The Blacklist..

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want them to do the unpredictable thing and stick to it... kinda like a Chuck thing... where the series finale, Lucifer finally reveals he is the Devil to Chloe, she rejects him and teams up with some kind of holy avenging force from Heaven to defeat him or send him back to Hell forever

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I want them to do the unpredictable thing and stick to it... kinda like a Chuck thing... where the series finale, Lucifer finally reveals he is the Devil to Chloe, she rejects him and teams up with some kind of holy avenging force from Heaven to defeat him or send him back to Hell forever
This is beyond silly.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've seen this very ending so many times before where he goes to Chloe to say something and then watches her from a window all weepy and dejected. It's silly now.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is just stupid at this point. At least the other procedurals like this manage to have decent pacing, instead we're basically left with whiplash every few minutes over people suddenly hating or liking each other again. Or in this episodes case,
going from being upset to an engagement!?!?!?! and yet another moment of Lucifer being stopped from telling her (as if we haven't seen that 5000x before)

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
new episode tonight

Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better
When a prima ballerina is brutally murdered, Lucifer helps Chloe solve the case and attempts to keep her focus away from Pierce. Amenadiel begs Charlotte to help him with an important plan, and Maze remains devoted to a task from which Pierce asked her to back away. Then, Chloe confronts Lucifer about his meddling in her life, but as he's about to make a huge confession, he finds out something that changes everything.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I've just been wanting the "how did Lucifer lose his devil face and get his wings back" to progress at least a LITTLE.
The entire season has gone by and the closest we ever got to an explanation turned out to be a red herring for all Pierce's storyline.

Most TV procedural I like have little nuggets of the story get revealed every episode, but the Angel wings devil face storyline got sidetracked by the Sinnerman, and then with Pierce.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this series doesn't end with the recognition that Amenidiel and Lucifer are trading places in God's grace then I'll be sorely disappointed.

Lucifer lost his devil face and got his wings back. Amendiel lost his wings and still believes that he's the most loved son of God (disregarding any existence of Jesus or anything). His pride and arrogance are leading him to where Lucifer was during his fall, while the devil is becoming righteous in the eyes of his father.

Chloe? She's the perfect catalyst for Lucifers change. Nothing more.