• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Ah yes how dare we want people who *checks notes* commit crimes in the of a brutal and evil dictatorship to leave
Damn bro maybe the people who do this are citizens of Canada, how do you make them leave? Short of deporting every Chinese person I guess? Do you have an allegiance test?
This is racist horseshit that reeks of another yellow scare, can't wait to have to move to Asia for my own safety because honestly I'm quite tired of the racist harrassment I'm getting from whites and judging by the response here, I don't see it getting any safer.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Read the first line of my post. Read Hierophant's post. Think about it for more than a second.
What's there to think about? They got en masse to destroy a wall in support of Hong Kong because they are mainland Chinese nationalists who want to see China continue to do its harm. Nothing wrong with clamping down on this through legal means by not tolerating it from VISA holders and their universities should be giving them the boot if they are citizens. But that's a just world. We live in one where this type of nationalism is still a side to be argued with because reasons. Nationalism is a disease.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It's great that people see a Chinese face and their first instinct is "We need to deport these horrible foreigners."
Newsflash, theres plenty of regular citizens who are of Chinese descent in Western countries who support the Mainland.
This disgusting rhetoric already gets me harrassed on the streets of Sydney by cunts telling me I'm going to get deported (I am a citizen here???) so I'd rather not make it mainstream.
But hey, since they're foreigners and have foreign looking faces, whatever right?
Exactly, I am flabbergasted by what I am reading here. This is legit far right shit. We have the same situation in germany with turkish people. Where they have been living here for generations and people still yell at them that they should go back to turkey, but those saying that at least get some pushback.

I think it's because for white people asian people are just not on the radar. To them if they don't act the way they want them to(model minority) they are just not supposed to be here.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Damn bro maybe the people who do this are citizens of Canada, how do you make them leave? Short of deporting every Chinese person I guess? Do you have an allegiance test?
This is racist horseshit
No they aren't so stop defending the actions of people committing crimes in the name of brutal and evil dictatorship

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
No they aren't so stop defending the actions of people committing crimes in the name of brutal and evil dictatorship
How do you know they're not citizens? Does no Canadian support the mainland? I can guarantee you quite a few Australian Chinese I know support the mainland quite heavily and have lived here for generations.
Stop talking out of your ass.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
God am I in a fucking Trump forum now? This kind of rhetoric ensures I will be getting murdered/bashed on the street for the crime of being Chinese in the near future I guess.
Harrassment already happens quite regularly to some of my international friends and regular Aussie Asians, I've been called a CCP spy even with my thick Australian accent and physically threatened by drunk cunts who are mad at Chinese people for the crime of existing I guess?
Make sure people know you're not CCP.
Sing a Winnie the Pooh song.

If your international friends aren't harassing anyone that's cool. Aussies can deal with their own. Cunts.

If citizens and visitors to Canada feel threatened by the behavior of uncivilized visiting thugs then thugs should be carefully processed and deported.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
As someone from Richmond, it shouldn't be automatically assumed that they are not Canadian like some are doing in this thread. Richmond has a unique culture in that you can live here your whole life speaking mostly Chinese. And yes, some will end up being Chinese government bootlickers, especially if their family has gotten rich under them. To assume their citizenship and ask for deportation is absolutely racism, so fuck off with that shit.

As for international students at UBC, it's a pretty open secret that they are threatened and harassed by the Chinese government to act as snitches.

Yeah, it's worth stressing the fact that the PRC's assumptions with regards to 'loyalty' aren't just limited to their actual citizens, but in many instances people they assume 'belong' to them due to ethnic origins. Add in the... less than stellar treatment of China historically, and there's enough for someone who's otherwise a Canadian citizen to side with the Chinese government on matters like these, whether it's actually right or wrong in and of itself.

I mean, it's notable that within the twitter thread itself, they're not ascribed in whether or not they're international students, just pro-CCP or pro-HK, and being nationalist. Quite possible a mixed crowd, given instances like this:

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this has been happening in Toronto for the past few weeks. At a big rally in support of Hong Kong a few weeks ago a bunch of this rich mainlander kids showed up and revved their $150,000 cars' engines constantly to disrupt the event.

It's unbelievably pathetic.
If the dealership wasn't on the hook for those cars, I'd say throw rocks

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
How do you know they're not citizens? Does no Canadian support the mainland? I can guarantee you quite a few Australian Chinese I know support the mainland quite heavily and have lived here for generations.
Stop talking out of your ass.
How about instead you.stop defending an evil and brutal dictatorship.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Ok? I dont want CCP supporters living in my country.
Better deport every Chinese person then because that's 100% what will happen if you decide to start deporting Chinese people out of suspected allegiances, any kind of movement to do so would be coopted by the right so quickly. This also has the add-on effect of creating way more CCP supporters than there would have been before because it turns out, when you start deporting and jailing people because of their ethnicity, they're likely to ally with the ethnicities most powerful group.
How about instead you.stop defending an evil and brutal dictatorship.
Dude you're not even responding to my valid concern of not wanting to be bashed or murdered because I'm Chinese. I know you guys don't really care about the welfare of Asians but god can you at least act like it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Better deport every Chinese person then because that's 100% what will happen if you decide to start deporting Chinese people out of suspected allegiances, any kind of movement to do so would be coopted by the right so quickly. This also has the add-on effect of creating way more CCP supporters than there would have been before because it turns out, when you start deporting and jailing people because of their ethnicity, they're likely to ally with the ethnicities most powerful group.

Dude you're not even responding to my valid concern of not wanting to be bashed or murdered because I'm Chinese. I know you guys don't really care about the welfare of Asians but god can you at least act like it?

You realize the people on the other side of this are also Chinese people right?

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018

How about instead you look at what people are actually saying.

Which is that PRC citizens temporarily visiting their country should be deported if they commit crimes in support of the evil actions of the PRC.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

This is an important for this message to amplify. Might want to work on delivery to Canadians. You're speaking Oz so I can translate.

Canada doesn't want those Japanese internment camps like things happening again like they did in the past.
They teach us about this in school so we can learn from the lessons of the past and do better in the future.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
It's the assumption that they are foreign that is racist. You clearly do not understand how easily you can grow up isolated within your own groups in Richmond.
'Sorry I mistakenly thought these racists have a foreign passport.' Pretty low on the care meter.
From my experience at least In Edmonton protests. They're from mainland China.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
You realize the people on the other side of this are also Chinese people right?
Yeah, and they'd 100% be affected by any kind of deportation scheme conjured up by right wing psychos too, it's not a stretch to imagine, especially with my own experiences with this kind of deportation rhetoric.
Literally no one is defending the Chinese government. That doesn't make what you're doing not racism.

Actually, you know what? Are you even Canadian? Why don't you post some fucking credentials?
My dad growing up had rocks thrown through his windows and racist graffiti sprayed all over our old house plus the usual racist abuse that comes from being a non-white in Australia, this kinda shit scared my Grandpa to the point where he'd go to the local Chinese (Mainland-affiliated) community group for a kind of protection and sense of community that our family couldn't get from white Australians. Grandfather was a proud mainland supporter until his dying breath. My father feels the same kind of rhetoric coming back into the vogue, I wouldn't be surprised about it. We have "liberal" forums like this outright spewing right-wing talking points about deporting Chinese people like fucking hell.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we be careful about "they?" And sweeping generalizations about Chinese students and immigrants? The people in the OP are scum, it's a real phenomenon and it's despicable. But I'm sitting here with my FOB, first and second generation immigrant shanghainese Chinese family who left China and in some cases at great and tragic personal cost who think the current situation is despicable.

When you drop a take like "they buy ferraris and don't make payments " or, "they're all rich spoiled kids who get anything they want " you're feeding the same xenophobia that drives nationalism in the first place and feeding negative stereotypes about everyone who looks like them.

At least show some receipts.

I don't know how you need to specify or contextualize better - but at least try.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
The "stop being racist" shit in this thread is too much when most comments are coming out in support of Hong Kongers. How the fuck is that a yellow scare?

Let's Judge individuals by their actions and let us judge individuals by their actions. If individuals are found to act like this and don't have citizenship, kick them out.

SHØGVN

Oct 29, 2017
No, punch em in the face. Or throw some eggs on their faces. Attack their ideology not their nationality, race or ethnicity. Kicking them back would just move the problem somewhere else.

Why do you find physical violence acceptable but not deporting them, when these nationalist thugs are displaying threatening behaviour, attacking others and are totally incompatible with free society and the right to free speech?

They absolutely should go back to China because they clearly have no interest in adopting democratic values and tolerance to integrate into Western society. No one here is attacking their race or ethnicity. I am of Hong Kong descent, and Hong Kongers are on the frontline fighting for liberty against the CCP regime. How could anyone be even remotely far right or racist if they are supporting CHINESE protestors by railing against their opponents?

I'm a second-gen Chinese immigrant and the behaviour of the Chinese in the video is despicable and indefensible.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Better deport every Chinese person then because that's 100% what will happen if you decide to start deporting Chinese people out

Nice strawman. But we're talking about folks on visas going to democratic nations to shit on other Chinese folks here, all for the purpose of spreading Chinese nationalism even further.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the assumption that they are foreign that is racist.
At the UBC one on the first page, it says "HK protestors are telling their PRC counterparts, "Go back to China!" PRC supporters retort, "Go back to Hong Kong!" ". Unless the translation is inaccurate, that implies there are immigrants arguing with each other. Maybe they're assuming as well but this is what non-Chinese speaking people reading this have to go on.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Nice strawman. But we're talking about folks on visas going to democratic nations to shit on other Chinese folks here, all for the purpose of spreading Chinese nationalism even further.
Strawman? What the fuck kind of strawman? They're literally saying they'd deport citizens who support mainland China as well, any kind of deportation movement like that would 100% attract rightwing psychos who want all asians out! out! out! I've seen this shit time and time again.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
That's unfortunate, but Chinese students / rich brats behaving like scum isn't worth defending in that case, is it?
No it isn't but blatantly saying shit like "Deport Chinese People, even citizens, who support the Mainland" (ignoring the fact that I barely expect any white person to even tell me apart from another Asian person) shouldn't be defensible either should it?

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
No it isn't but blatantly saying shit like "Deport Chinese People, even citizens, who support the Mainland" (ignoring the fact that I barely expect any white person to even tell me apart from another Asian person) shouldn't be defensible either should it?
You're the only one saying this fyi.

Also, it's very transparent how you're trying to deflect criticism of the PRC since this is people offering support to people from Hong Kong. Who are, you know, ethnically Chinese.

Which, despite what they try and claim, owe no loyalty to the brutal and evil dictatorship that is the PRC.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I've literally been harrassed on the street for the crime of being Chinese at least 20-30 times this year, I can certainly feel a yellow scare coming on.
Remind people that not everyone Chinese is bad. Where a fucking winnie the pooh shirt. I would if it's getting aggressive. At least a pin. lol
Then if someone does step up on you or your friends there is no need for bystandards to have to observe long to assess the problem. At least until the scare is over down there. :)
Get with tegridy.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Why do you find physical violence acceptable but not deporting them, when these nationalist thugs are displaying threatening behaviour, attacking others and are totally incompatible with free society and the right to free speech?

They absolutely should go back to China because they clearly have no interest in adopting democratic values and tolerance to integrate into Western society. No one here is attacking their race or ethnicity. I am of Hong Kong descent, and Hong Kongers are on the frontline fighting for liberty against the CCP regime. How could anyone be even remotely far right or racist if they are supporting CHINESE protestors by railing against their opponents?

I'm a second-gen Chinese immigrant and the behaviour of the Chinese in the video is despicable and indefensible.
Cause they're Nazis and whether they are immigrants or not has no influence on whether I want to punch them in the face.

SHØGVN

Oct 29, 2017

If you ask me, some of these "Mainland supporting" students/immigrants are agents of the CCP spreading propaganda and undermining the democracies in US, UK, Australia and Canada, buying influence through businesses, colleges, politicians etc. It wouldn't be a bad idea to clamp down on this push for Chinese soft power or at least wake up to it, so some scepticism wouldn't hurt if you ask me. And FYI, I am a HK immigrant so don't dismiss this as a white person's ignorance.

Edit: look up the "Confucious Institutes" which are starting to get shutdown because they're tools of the Mainland state.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
You're the only one saying this fyi.

Also, it's very transparent how you're trying to deflect criticism of the PRC since this is people offering support to people from Hong Kong. Who are, you know, ethnically Chinese.

Which, despite what they try and claim, owe no loyalty to the brutal and evil dictatorship that is the PRC.
Ok? I dont want CCP supporters living in my country.
Unless this implication is that every CCP supporter is a non-citizen (which 100% they are not).
lmao try calling a Hong Konger or Taiwanese Person Chinese, I dare you.
You don't know shit about what it's like to have to deal with this kind of racism 24/7 now, all I ever see is anti-Chinese rhetoric, am I supposed to separate it from my Chinese identity? Politically sure but seeing shit like "Deport these Chinese" is disgusting and harder and harder to deal with every single day.
If you ask me, some of these "Mainland supporting" students/immigrants are agents of the CCP spreading propaganda and undermining the democracies in US, UK, Australia and Canada, buying influence through businesses, colleges, politicians etc. It wouldn't be a bad idea to clamp down on this push for Chinese soft power or at least wake up to it, so some scepticism wouldn't hurt if you ask me. And FYI, I am a HK immigrant so don't dismiss this as a white person's ignorance.
The problem is, I do not trust any insitutionalised effort to do so because it always ends up with innocents being targeted. I don't want to be put into an internment camp because my grandfather was from China.

Oct 28, 2017
That's unfortunate, but Chinese students / rich brats behaving like scum isn't worth defending in that case, is it?

In principle, no. But it's really up to universities to police their student societies more effectively and to take a stand against mainland cash.

I can speak from an Australian perspective where CCP influence in Go8 universities has become a real problem and CCP shills emerge at a moment's notice to counterprotest pro-HK rallies. The problem is that there is a lot of historical baggage here. It was only in the 90s that we had One Nation whipping the population into a frenzy about an Asian 'invasion' and, before that, the country had a century and a half of building its foreign policy off the back of the perceived threat of Chinese immigration. Even the HK-PRC dynamic is pretty dubious from the point of view that Australia had a strong hand in attempting to maintain the structures of the British Empire, including HK, during the post-War era.

There are no easy answers but heavy-handed government intervention is difficult to morally justify - and I say that as we have a known CCP plant in our current federal government.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
In principle, no. But it's really up to universities to police their student societies more effectively and to take a stand against mainland cash.

I can speak from an Australian perspective where CCP influence in Go8 universities has become a real problem and CCP shills emerge at a moment's notice to counterprotest pro-HK rallies. The problem is that there is a lot of historical baggage here. It was only in the 90s that we had One Nation whipping the population into a frenzy about an Asian 'invasion' and, before that, the country had a century and a half of building its foreign policy off the back of the perceived threat of Chinese immigration. Even the HK-PRC dynamic is pretty dubious from the point of view that Australia had a strong hand in attempting to maintain the structures of the British Empire, including HK, during the post-War era.

There are no easy answers but heavy-handed government intervention is difficult to morally justify - and I say that as we have a known CCP plant in our current federal government.
^ Truth here.
It's alot more complex than "Deport every single Mainlander who committed a crime"

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Exactly, I am flabbergasted by what I am reading here. This is legit far right shit. We have the same situation in germany with turkish people. Where they have been living here for generations and people still yell at them that they should go back to turkey, but those saying that at least get some pushback.

I think it's because for white people asian people are just not on the radar. To them if they don't act the way they want them to(model minority) they are just not supposed to be here.

People are angry at a specific group of jack asses harassing other people of Asian descent. How does that get translated to racism?

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
This is racist horseshit that reeks of another yellow scare, can't wait to have to move to Asia for my own safety because honestly I'm quite tired of the racist harrassment I'm getting from whites and judging by the response here, I don't see it getting any safer.
If someone is going around harassing political Taiwanese and HKers in the name of the motherland, then they're an asshole I don't want to associate with regardless of their citizenship status, and I hope they're arrested for whatever crimes they're committing against others.

Does that sound better to you?

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I do sympathise and there's absolutely no excuse for that but the way forward here is not to continue doing nothing.
If this kind of rhetoric keeps getting spread at the rate it is, and believe me, it is spreading fast, the way forward is going to have Asian internment camps and travel bans from Asian countries, I can already see it happening and for the interests of self preservation, I'd rather that not happen.