• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
After some shipping issues, got a decent haul. Eager to check out Vagabond.

C230Zkd.jpg

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I see, thank you!
Im sorry to all Saint Seiya fans, but I feel like its so mediocre... Don't know what it is, Im not really feeling it. I'll read it to the end though.
How dare you !

It's not mediocre ...

... It's just plain bad. Kuramada just isn't a good writer or artist, probably even when compared to the standards of 30 years ago. The best Saint Seiya is(imo and all that) the spin off without his involvement - The Lost Canvas which manages to mantain the premise and spirit (and bullshit) of the series but marries them up with actually competent execution.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
How dare you !

It's not mediocre ...

... It's just plain bad. Kuramada just isn't a good writer or artist, probably even when compared to the standards of 30 years ago. The best Saint Seiya is(imo and all that) the spin off without his involvement - The Lost Canvas which manages to mantain the premise and spirit (and bullshit) of the series but marries them up with actually competent execution.
Holy shit, I expected you to be mad at me. Yeah, its.. Bad. The thing is, I feel like everyone loves Saint Seiya and its just.. Bad.

Im at chapter 70, only 40 left. And its not good, to compare it to another manga that I find mediocre, Bleach, they have one thing super similar.

In Bleach we have the Soul Society arc, an arc which consists of the guys fighting all the strong enemies to rescue their friend (Female, much like Princess Peach in a way), to follow up that arc (Soul society is the best arc and its all down from there), we have an arc which consists of the guys fighting the new strong enemies to rescue their other female friend in a new cool place similar to Soul Society.

Basically, its the same two arcs. In Saint Seiya you have the main guys, fighting through the twelve palaces and the tough guys to save their female friend. In the arc afterwards, the main guys female friend has been captured by the new bad guys, and Seiya and his friends has to fight 7 strong opponents to save her.

See the pattern? Its basically the exact same arc, even up to some of the moments. Its bad writing, its bad development. Its even bad shounen as you don't get those Epic moments.

Yesh, next manga after Saint Seiya is City Hunter.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
I see now that Planet With was fairly similar to this. Animal companions>mechs though.

The series has an excellent hook that got me into the story from the start. Even just the first couple of pages is the perfect combination of wacky and compelling. I think one of Mizukami's greatest strengths as a writer is how he can create such a riveting structure/concept for a story that pulls you in immediately. In short, there is a giant hammer in the sky that is going to destroy the world. The main character, Yuuhi, is chosen as one of twelve knights that will aid the princess, Sami, in protecting the world (don't let the titles mislead you the story is set in contemporary times). This may sound straightforward but by the end of chapter 1 this premise is turned on its head as in an engaging way that I won't spoil here.

Surprisingly I think the series kind of hits an emotional high note (or one of them) kind of early on when the story is more focused on Yuuhi's development. The middle portion of the series shifts most of the focus on the other knights where things are a bit more hit and miss for me. Amazing final stretch that delivers on what the series had been building up to.
I'm very surprised by how happy of an ending it ends up being. Guess it works though.

Couple of complaints to go through. I was kind of underwhelmed by the big bad/their backstory, though I'd say the author gets better at writing this kind of character in subsequent works. Having read Spirit Circle/watched planet with you can kind of see some reoccurring themes/plot elements that feel repetitive (I don't consider this a huge issue, authors will lean into what they are good at/interest them. Kind of neat to go through an earlier work and see where the author improves over time). Sami is a cool character but every other panel with her having a panty shot is very annoying (even if it so prevalent as some kind of commentary it still detracts from the series).

Overall, enjoyed it a lot. Great plot construct, interesting characters, and a very memorable final act.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get into Naruto, and I was kind of assuming it was like One Piece where the first arc is kind of bad when I got to this ice mirror stuff. But when I searched "worst Naruto arc" everyone had it listed as one of the best ones...

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'm trying to get into Naruto, and I was kind of assuming it was like One Piece where the first arc is kind of bad when I got to this ice mirror stuff. But when I searched "worst Naruto arc" everyone had it listed as one of the best ones...
Everyone loves the kid Naruto saga. In my opinion Im not a big fan up until that point, but it really picks up with the exams etc, the ending of the arc is amazing and a truly iconic moment.

Stick with it, if you don't like it by the exams, its probably not for you :/

Oct 25, 2017
People really liked zabuza and haku and it was suspenseful and required actual sasunaru to make contributions.

Though I think most watched the anime for it rather than read it.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really liked zabuza and haku and it was suspenseful and required actual sasunaru to make contributions.

Though I think most watched the anime for it rather than read it.
I'm falling asleep with stupid Haku and the "my dad was a hero" kid 😴😴😴

He reminds me of the dog and mayor from orange Town

edit: Okay the exams are already way better it's all good

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I also wasnt the biggest Zabuza fan. The exam starts off really strong, and i wish there were more arcs like that where the solutions to problems was "be sneaky" instead of the good old shonen punch to the face.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I never really liked Zabuza, but I do miss how grounded the fights were early on before everyone and their dog started pulling off ridiculous large-scale techniques that wouldn't look out-of-place in Dragonball.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Still my favorite Mizukami series, and I've read all of them as they came out week to week (caught up with Lucifer around the last third). That said, I really like Sengoku Youko's story structure with its dual protagonists, and the way characters reappear in both storylines across the timeskip is very satisfying. For some reason Spirit Circle didn't really resonate with me as much, maybe because Mizukami's "thing" really rears its head fairly early, compared to his other works. If you've read his other works it becomes kinda obvious pretty early on, and it became less satisfying for me in the end.

Where's that damn Hoshi no Samidare anime you cowards?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait am I misreading this

hunter exam was written before chunin exams?? they're so similar I assumed Togashi was riffing off it.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I... did it... I finally did it... I finished the OG Saint Seiya, what a painful, boring and slow ride. One of the worst mangas I've ever read, but Im happy I did anyways.. Onto City Hunter which is the next hurdle before I reach Fist of the North Star!!

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Importing the complete box set for Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind from Japan would only cost NZ$56/US$37... Pretty tempted to order it haha

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shoutouts to my friend Sino for translating the recent aka akasaka interview on the future of Kaguya. As per his admission the translation isn't perfect but please bear with it

The following is the official interview of the author
Q: I want to end this interview with this; how is Kaguya going to end?
A: how is Kaguya going to end… I want to see the characters for a long time.

Q: Did you decide when Kaguya is going to end?
A : No. If characters want to, I'll do even the unnecessary things. There might be college, or business-men/social life arc. Since I already planned to fill couple of volumes with the story of Kaguya and Miyuki dating, I really don't know how it'll end.

Q: Dating? Wouldn't that destroy Kaguya's premise?
A: Think of Shoujou Manga. They have long date.

Q: Any last words to readers?
A: Some worry of me running out of materials, but I don't have any worries regarding that, and haven't yet decided how Kaguya is going to end. Please look forward to it.

For IB I had to draw with the ending already decided prehand. So for me to not worry about the ending and think of future plans is all thanks to the readers. As I said just now, I'm going keep trying my best so please be excited.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Komi 180

Never have I felt such disdain for Najimi, poor Tadano man..

Happy for Ase and Naruse though, they seem like a nice pair.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Crossposting with the Anime thread, I found an interesting interview of Tony Radiant, the author of Radiant, translated some of it and wrote down a long list of highlights for the rest if anyone is interested:

In case anyone is interested in Radiant, manga or anime (read the manga though it's much better), the author recently did a long interview with a Belgian manga artist. It's full of interesting anecdotes about how the manga and its anime adaptations came about, what the themes of the work are, what he thinks about the anime, etc. An interesting watch (the audio is fucked for the first 5 minutes though, which I skipped).

It's in French but I translated a full 20 minutes of it and wrote a list of interesting points they brought up on reddit, I thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested since I already did the work. Part 2 and 3 are the most interesting imho. I have no translation experience and wrote/translated all that very quickly though, so apologies for any mistakes or weird wording:

[PART 1]
  • Tony's main interest is actually painting, even though he's not practicing it himself. He likes impressionism and orientalism (technically, not ideologically)
  • Tony can understand Italian but can't speak it
  • The way fans react to him is different from country to country. In France they are familiar yet respectful, in Italy they are more jovial/talkative, in Japan, very calm but very personal (anecdotes, saying why they enjoy the female characters, etc). Belgian people are more relaxed than French people
  • Discussion about Japan in general:
    • Time-keeping for signing events and presentations in Japan is crazy tight (like, if you're booked for 2 hours it's 2 hours, not 2 hours 1 minute)
    • Working with Japanese people was a bit hard at first because their hierarchical structures are very strict, even for relatively minor things (e.g. in an interview they asked him to say something in Japanese but he thought sth slightly different would reflect his opinion better, but since the interviewer couldn't contact their superior to get approval they just said no), but Tony is used to it by now
    • The NHK filmed both Tony and Moonkey last year for some TV shows [I'd be interested in finding those actually]
  • Pitching the manga:
    • Radiant was his first manga
    • He pitched it with the (french) editors he wanted to work with - most of them already did manga, but some of them hadn't published french manga before. He got to work on some magazine stuff with Kadokawa this way, even if they didn't want to publish the manga
    • A couple of editors (3+) actually told him yes
    • Recommendation from Moonkey for aspiring manga/comic artists: it's better to get a 'no' from an editor than milquetoast 'yes' with a shitty contract/minimal support
    • When Tony pitches a piece of work, he doesn't think of it as a pitch to the editors, but as a pitch to the readers. He can do the best job possible this way, and it yields a more personal and better representation of what the final work will look like
[PART 2]
Translation of a part of the discussion about the anime and how it affects the perception of characters who stop being your entirely your own, followed by a discussion on creating manga (~24:30 to 45:00). I didn't proofread it though, sorry.
  • Tony: 'It's very different... At first it was very troubling because despite what it represents, I wasn't feeling this endeavour - I almost refused actually. I let myself be convinced that it was an opportunity ... But it wasn't easy for me. At first I didn't want to do it. And then the anime started getting made. Very quickly I saw that... Any cartoon that gets made, whether it's very faithful or not, is not the manga, and will never be so, and so I had to put a lid on all of this telling myself "No, my daily life should not change. My daily life is me, my pages, alone in my workshop, with some other artists around me, but it's my way to work, and after that, it lives in the heart of the readers". In fact, in my mind, the anime did not come and add itself to the universe I created. It's an interpretation of a part of what I do. It's only that. It's a crazy opportunity to make the series well known all over, I mentioned lots of countries before, a huge amount will get added this year. Again, the whole of South America [will get added], which will double the circulation until now, it's a crazy opportunity. And all of this happened because the series got released in many countries and is getting noticed more and more, because the anime series was released on its tail. All of that amplified the phenomenon. So it remains a crazy opportunity. However, for the creation in itself, it remains, and I hope it will remain, "Me, my pages, and my readers". And [inaudible].'
  • Moonkey: 'And when you say "your readers", do you mean your francophone readers?'
  • Tony: 'No, all the readers that share a moment with my series, whether they are french or [from somewhere else] - Actually, even when the story was coming out in France, you did a good thing mentioning francophones because...'
  • Moonkey: 'Yeah because I said france, but there's belgium, switzerland, canada, quebec... And when it's published in english there are lots of things [countries] - all the countries that do not have official translations in their language procure the work in english'
  • Tony: 'Yeah, just with [inaudible, maybe 'the english translation'?], it comes out in a dozen countries - an editor that releases in English is awesome. But, above that, while it was still a francophone [only] manga, while I was still active on social media and received and replied to messages, the majority of the messages I received were from francophone African readers. We have this tendency to forget this fact, because it's not [inaudible] in the market, but it turns out that most reader feedback, enthusiasm, encouragement, personal stuff, etc. is from African readers. Outside of French readers. The most was from French readers, and then foreign feedback, even if it existed in other countries, was mostly from African francophone readers.'
  • Moonkey: 'It doesn't actually surprise me that much, it's from a long time ago, but I have Algerian manka author friends, who live in Algeria and that make manga for their customer base in Algeria. When we were talking - it was still the era of forums in france -. I was explaining to them, "here it's still jealousy, it was [imitates critics] *dumb noise* french people can't write manga, only japanese people can", and he [algerian friend] showed me some Algerian forums, where the atmosphere was completely different. They were happy that fellow countrymen produced some manga, and wrote manga that took place where they lived with their own culture and all that. And I was there "wow, I don't know that" (laughs). It was really a very, very different reception. I also had a group of fans of my manga from Germany. So I was there "oh ok, nice" - and it wasn't translated to german, but you could feel that depending on the place they don't necessarily ask themselves the questions "who makes this?", "what's their nationality", or do so in a positive way. Even though now, weirdly - actually, not weirdly, thankfully -, it changed and now we receive messages that say "Thank you for making this, thank you for being french and making this". It's true that it changed, but it took a lot of time.
  • Tony: "Yeah, it changed, but to get there it took some people to start cutting down the forest with their teeth [referencing a joke earlier in the video].
  • Moonkey: "Yeah, we got it rough. But we must say that we weren't necessarily ready to make manga either."
  • Tony: "To be honest, I think there's always legitimacy to do something that you like, and no one can hold it against you if you do it clumsily. Everyone starts by being clumsy. There is no baby that starts by walking, you need to learn how to walk, and learn how to make some [manga], you need to make some. Having the opportunity to start, even if you start a bit too early, - which is what you might mean by saying 'necessarily ready -, I don't believe [both talk at the same time]
  • Moonkey: 'Yeah, you just need to see Masakazu Katsura, or even Tsukasa Hojo's very first works, it was... Yeah, and now who would even dare to say they're not giants in the manga world.'
  • Tony: 'Yeah, you need to start from somewhere, and not reproach someone for trying to do their best, even when you consider it's badly done, it can happen... When you open the book and you go "wow, he isn't ready", you're putting his work in comparison with a lot of work that's already out there that you like. But you like that stuff because it's excellent, so to judge a piece of work by saying "I'm not ready, he's not ready, she's not ready", it's just dumb - anyway you need to try, and it's the readers that make a series live or not. If readers like something, they will support it, and it will exist. And then later, where everyone would have said "this guy wasn't ready", you could say "no, he had a style", and then suddenly it becomes a justification for why it worked for him and not someone else. I've seen it happen a couple of times.'
  • Tony: 'I got married when I started at Delcour [a publisher], straight away I got along well with Patrick Sobral (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Sobral), who was working on Les Legendaires, before it became the French comic legend it is now.'
  • Moonkey: 'He's someone very kind'
  • Tony: 'Yeah he's fantastic. He was a friend from the beginning. We started together. He went very fast but for me it was a struggle for ten years. But what was fun to see about him, the splendid person that he is, all the enthusiasm that he puts in his books... And when he wasn't around, you'd hear people talk badly about his work: "it's stupid, it'll never work", and now... His work is one of the best selling franco-belgian comic, of the last ten years, he's got several best sellers - les legendaires, les legendaires origines that do just as well. So he's a "monster of the franco-belgian comic industry", that sold millions and millions of volumes, and now everyone justifies it saying "yeah, [inaudible], he's unique", and all that stuff... Doesn't it make you laugh? When at the beginning everyone was saying [bad things?], and now every one justifies it by saying it's his style. So it's because of this that when people look at the piece of work and have the impression that that it's not perfect yet... No one is safe from a surprise. [inaudible]. So you put all the chances on your side. Until you get success and everyone recognises that you are successful, no-one can predetermine whether it's going to be a success or not.'
  • Moonkey: 'Yeah definitely. With critics like we got, we'd never have gotten manga like Parasyte or Attack on Titan, even though they became huge.
  • Tony: 'Yeah I agree. So let's all make manga, if it ends up badly [not 100% sure what he said tho] it's all right.'
[PART 3]
Back to highlights here.
  • Tony moved from Toulouse, France to Montreal, Canada to get out of his comfort zone (he jokingly compares it to a Shounen hero's journey to go discover the world)
  • Tony prefers that his editor/publisher leaves him more freedom and breathing room - the only thing his editor has a say in is the manga covers - he draws 2/3 variants and then discuss them with the editor, along with which citation he should put on the back cover. The editor has 0 influence on the actual content of the manga
  • His editor is a woman (he doesn't comment about that fact at all, but in french all nouns are gendered so he says editrice rather than editeur, which gives it away).
  • He legit told publishing houses 'if you're gonna interfere with my story, I'd rather not make it at all, I'd rather make it somewhere else'.
  • For translations he's sometimes (but rarely) asked for details, but most of the time his editor handles those questions.
  • In some countries translators wanted to tone down the commentary on immigration, and the editor had to force them not to do it. Japan had absolutely no issue with it though.
  • Tony thinks while it's okay to talk about racism in France, it would be very hard to have a cartoon character that actually says racist shit (even while being depicted as being in the wrong), whereas Japan had no issue with it.
  • Konrad de Marbourg is inspired by a real life historical character. The things he says are things that Tony heard French politicians say on TV. Tony essentially didn't invent anything, he quoted the things he heard verbatim (he didn't get them all from the same person though).
  • The Rumble Town arc represented Tony's fears about the future when he wrote it, and he mentions that sadly the content is more topical now than when it was written.
  • The NHK didn't want to feature a prison full of only brown characters, but they didn't want to white-wash it either so they decided to add more ethnicities, including Asian characters.
  • The themes of the manga (about immigration, etc) were mostly personal rather than being directly inspired by existing works.
  • Often what Seth says are things that Tony has said himself in the past. Including things he said because he was too naive, before getting corrected by people more knowledgeable (e.g. the Almas of this world) and changing his opinion.
  • Tony doesn't want to box himself in certain category (e.g. despite being obviously quite outspoken about racism in his work, he doesn't want to box himself in the 'anti-racist' category), as he believes it's counterproductive to sharing your ideas. He believes social media is making people box themselves. They speak 'as a man', 'as a woman', 'as a white person', 'as a black person', to give weight to their arguments. He doesn't believe it's an issue in and of itself, because many people were denied a voice before and can only start expressing themselves now, but that it can become an issue when too many categories are created and people stop interacting. Piodon's spiel about having to choose a camp whether you want to or not is a reality, even if personally Tony does not want to be boxed-in one of these categories. He doesn't want to speak 'as a son of immigrants', he does not want to act as a representative for all children of immigrants, and he does not want other people to talk for him either. [He gets a bit heated about it actually, here's the translated quote:] 'When someone says "as a son of immigrants", I think "no, you talk as yourself and shut the fuck up", maybe I'll recognise myself in what you are talking about, maybe not. You talk for yourself and I talk for myself'. But he does recognize that whether you want it or not, if you express your opinion in public, especially if you have any sort of authority, you'll make some gears turn and affect people, so you have to take responsibility.
  • Following the same idea, he would rather be talked about as just a manga artist rather than as a French manga artist.
  • He doesn't like when people use his work to put down other artists (e.g. people saying stuff like 'As opposed to Radiant, this manga doesn't do X or Y the right way'). He writes thing the way he writes them because that's what he likes to read. He loves shounen manga so Radiant very much feels like a (action) shounen manga, but he doesn't believe that the genre is better in an of itself and again doesn't want people to box him in a category [two or three expletives again when talking about this topic lol]
  • Back when he was starting, some people told him Radiant was never going to work because it was too Japanese and the competition was too strong, and now they're telling him it's working because it's so Japanese.
  • Neither Tony nor Moonkey like reading articles or online comments about their work online. In particular he was saying how some other French manga got released in Japan after his and didn't do well at all, and some Japanese people started trash-talking it by saying they should have done it like Radiant by being super Japanese-like. This really brushes him the wrong way [quote:] 'if you don't like a work just say you don't like it rather than holding it accountable for everything you don't like about french culture'.
  • Seth's speech at Lord Majesty's party is pretty much Tony directly talking to people that tell him 'I'm gonna beat you and become hokage the best French mangaka' on social media. You're not on a ring, it's not a competition.
  • Tony can't say whether there's going to be a second season of the anime.
  • Tony could watch the finished episodes 1 or 2 days they air before but prefers to watch them on Crunchyroll at the same time as everyone else.
  • When watching the episodes he can only see what's been removed and what's been added/changed. He thought he'd be able to look past it but it's too hard. He can only judge fairly the original episodes.
  • His favourite episode is Episode 3 with Alma's flashback. Lerche asked him if they could have a flashback to explain why Alma and Seth are together, so he gave them tons of info and character designs for young Seth/Alma. He also likes Episode 9 about Dragunov and how it showcase his character and his morals.
  • He had to tell a lot of things that weren't in the manga yet to the anime studio. They asked for some things he hadn't even decided on yet, but for those he just told them what the options were but refused to commit to one or the other.
  • He said that even for the things he has already decided on, if he later changes his mind he will make the changes without taking the anime into account.
  • [Just noticed that he's got a slight regional accent, he pronounces 'avec' (with) as 'avè' haha]
  • The anime company is doing their best within the constraints they have. There are a ton of people working on the series, and when they tell him they have to do things one way rather the other, he understands given the circumstances.
  • One of the issues was that the first arc is 4 volumes but a typical [2-cour] series is 26 episodes. At the very beginning they wanted to adapt until the end of the Sorcerer Knights arc (volume 10 which hadn't even been released then). Tony wrote down everything that still had to happen on paper and gave it to them. At that point, the corresponding manga volumes would have still come out before the anime, but they needed to know in advance. Lerche thought it was too much content, so they decided to concentrate on Rumble Town, but there wasn't enough material. That meant that either they'd change everything, or add filler at the beginning and then adapt Rumble Town more faithfully.
  • Another point is that the anime is targeted at a younger audience than the manga, so the studio wanted to consolidate the relationship between the characters before Rumble Town. What could be omitted in the manga had to be spelled out loud for the kids. The target audience of the anime is not people that watch My Hero Academia or One Punch Man, it's the target audience of >>the beginning<< of One Piece or Dragon Ball. According to him those series were really aimed at kids at the beginning but changed later. He also thinks Oda wouldn't have been able to start One Piece with some of the darker themes it's been exploring for a while now - he had to ease people into it. Tony himself didn't take that into account too much when writing Radiant, it's not aimed squarely at kids even if the first volume is more light hearted [he doesn't mean that as a criticism at all, he's just commenting on the different approaches]. However, Lerche wanted to go the One Piece way and ease people into it by starting light hearted to prepare people.
  • He mentions that the anime series was pitched as a series that could get several seasons.
  • The co-director of the anime worked on One Piece for three years
  • Tony gave instructions on the animation to the studio (i.e. what should move, what shouldn't move). For example, Mr. Boobrie's wings do not move, he just floats in the air unless he actually wants to go really fast.
  • In Japan One Piece is considered as a manga targeted to a younger audience than other big series like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, etc., whereas in France they're all considered as targeting the same age group.
  • Tony was doing some last minutes drawings for the Angoulême International Comics Festival (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angoulême_International_Comics_Festival)

Translating is freaking hard though. Since French and English are so close, when I'm trying to do it fast the grammar and cognates just start blurring together haha.

Last edited:

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was annoyed too. It feels like two steps forward and three steps back with Sawamura. I haven't been this disgruntled about a sports manga since the Yips saga in Major!
Let's see how it will turns out next week. If he's getting bench (instead of getting subbed to left field), then I'm probably reading this for a while. It's just ridiculous how inconsistent Terajima is.

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
Me reading this chapter:

56oxPYi.png

Also it's nice to see Kaguya calling herself out for being a terrible person - watching the anime and rereading the manga I realized she actually can be quite mean sometimes (tho Aka usually lets her bounce back right afterwards).

Now that the title of the manga is finally explained...I guess it might be ending for real.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see how anyone is supposed to be able to match that unless there's limitations or something.
Even if he can only use one power at a time he's still got a huge advantage over literally anyone else. Dude's original power was OP enough as is, shoulda make all his powers silly ones if they were going this route.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Even if he can only use one power at a time he's still got a huge advantage over literally anyone else. Dude's original power was OP enough as is, shoulda make all his powers silly ones if they were going this route.

He needs to be able to beat the villain that literally has all the powers.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Saw that Seven Seas have Kase-san on ebook platforms now. I have two volumes physically and I'm not sure if I'll switch to digital or not. I don't really have the space to collect manga volumes when I don't have to but on the other hand they use that large trim size for the Kase-san volumes that really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.