Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggs

May 3, 2019
Kaguya 208

I loved this chapter for countless reasons - Kei's reactions to the fact that Kaguya and Miyuki shared the same bed for the night, the first poster in Miyuki's room being related to the desire of standing alongside Kaguya, the backstory about Miyuki's mother.
But, among all these things, I found the dialogue between kaguya and Kei extremely interesting for the lore of the series. I don't remember Kaguya giving Kei the advice that wanting some space for themselves doesn't mean to reject the loe of other people. This means that Kaguya and Kei have met in the past, possibly before Kaguya met Miyuki himself, and this might be related also to the identity of Miyuki's mother. Perhaps was/is she working for the Shinomiya family? That would explain how Kaguya could have met Kei, since Kei's mother could have sometimes brought her child to Shinomiya's house.

Then the chapter ends with a cliffhanger. Fortunately there won't be a break next week. If I were Miyuki, I would think that Kaguya is going to break the relationship after finding out the posters (she won't, of course).
My guess is that Kei's mother had enrolled her in Shuichin early on, so Kaguya was actually Kei's Senpai before Miyuki had even enrolled.

Maybe Kaguya had given Kei advice then, but because she was still ice-Kaguya it was such an insignificant memory that she didn't bother to remember.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Then the chapter ends with a cliffhanger. Fortunately there won't be a break next week. If I were Miyuki, I would think that Kaguya is going to break the relationship after finding out the posters (she won't, of course).

Judge from Kaguya and Kei's conversations and she can stay at Miyuki's home.

I guess Kaguya wants some space between her and Miyuki because the situation within her family clan is really not good now.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised the TOC hasn't been posted yet.

EnFz0fdXYAA7O4u

Magu-chan getting the respect it deserves. It's staying.
Our Blood Oath is definitely on the chopping block. Phantom Seer probably is too. But we'll see.

A little disappointed about Moriking not doing well, but glad Magu-chan is hanging in there.

Oct 27, 2017
Kaguya
Great chapter. The whole poster stuff was resolved nicely. We also learned that Kei probably knew Kaguya before Myuki.

Now that ending... Not sure what to expect. It seems like Kaguya is sick from her family so it is probably related to that but it is hard to tell right now.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can High School Family survive being low when there are so many gag series this time?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Can High School Family survive being low when there are so many gag series this time?

The authors prior work was intentionally placed at the bottom of the magazine and ran for 4 years, being essentially an unranked gag series. HSF could be following that trend, especially given it's shorter chapter length.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but back then there was really only Isobee for gag series.
Nowadays, there's Roboco that's doing well, Magu-chan, and Agravity Boys/Moriking (though one's probably going soon) for comedy series.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having a gag series occupy the last spot of the magazine has been a jump tradition for a long time. Aside from Isobee other series have also taken that role like the tomato poodle one from a while back

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Jigokuraku 70

Nooooooooo. Not Yuzuriha. Feels like Mr Hook might quick to follow the footsteps. I was honestly surprised he survived the early game and have grown to like him since but it's like he's got "I'm a disposable character" written on his forehead and it's prime choppin time.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

So it seems like the Editor confirmed that Chainsaw Man is in its final phase. Not surprised considering the author loves making short stories.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel it's been clear since Aki's death that CSM would be ending probably by chapter 100, series still feels on track for that ending.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days 1

Not as brutal as the one-shot, but still pretty fun. Now that I know what's going on, I am enjoying this. Interesting direction to have an almost silent protagonist.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Agreed, it was great, curious to see how they structure it

phantom seer was good this week, offensive defense is always a nice play.
Build Kings setting up that subversion from chapter 2 hunh? Makes you wonder if hammer island really is that dangerous compared to the world outside is a nice setup. That and the implication the Build kings cause the disasters rather than survive them is interesting

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Sakamoto Days
Probably the best first issue since Chainsawman

Phantom Seer
It might be blasphemous for me to say this but I think Phantom Seer has a better start than JJK, Jujustu is amazing right now but I wasn't feeling it at the start, Phantom Seer maybe a knock off but the art and imagery are top notch right out the gate

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
....I'm poking my head back in here to see if it's safe to come back? I know the anime OT does spoilers by mentioning the title and then discussing, which I am fine with avoiding, but I left here when I saw people posting (large) scanlation images on Fridays (not counting this week) before WSJ was even officially out without any tags :/ The 'spoiler' manga OT is pretty quiet now, but I don't want to get pages showed off before the mag is even out on shelves :/

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
What do you know, Jump finally held off on shoving exorcist series down our throats and they got two strong starts in a row between Build King and Sakamoto Days. Let's get more of this, less of derivative shit like Phantom Seer.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
What do you know, Jump finally held off on shoving exorcist series down our throats and they got two strong starts in a row between Build King and Sakamoto Days. Let's get more of this, less of derivative shit like Phantom Seer.
I think they were panning for gold and hoping that they'll find another JJK or Kimetsu no Yaiba if they keep greenlighting them.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I think they were panning for gold and hoping that they'll find another JJK or Kimetsu no Yaiba if they keep greenlighting them.
Mentioned it before, but its one-shot won the GFC in 2018, which will usually give the author(s) the chance to serialize it.

But I imagine the popularity of those two had some effect.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sakamoto Days is first time in a while I managed to catch something from first chapter. I'll defo keep reading it weekly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah i agree, and if this has some very "aggressive" fights like in Toriko it will be a very interesting contrast since this is not a crazy muscular protagonist.
Yup especially when your character has recovery attacks as well, could definitely be some good mixups and plays on strengths being weaknesses. Plus he's not a guy a villain is going to see and think threat. We could get Luffy situations where rivals and human foes don't realize he's a threat at first. Then again throwing in an evil houses twist this early means there probably something more in play

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 pages into the second chapter of Build King and it confirmed my thoughts on the first chapter: I got better stuff to do with my time.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yup especially when your character has recovery attacks as well, could definitely be some good mixups and plays on strengths being weaknesses. Plus he's not a guy a villain is going to see and think threat. We could get Luffy situations where rivals and human foes don't realize he's a threat at first. Then again throwing in an evil houses twist this early means there probably something more in play

Can't wait to see this evil houses designs, this smells of 8 Kings to me. Man I'm super excited to have Building Toriko back in my weakly schedule :)

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Yozakura Family 60
The turn the protagonist into a baby thing is a bit of a comedy series staple, but works. Cute chapter!

Undead Unluck 41
Probably going to run through countless years of Andy's pain and suffering in like 3 chapters.

I have a lot of questions about how this works. Is this essentially an alternate world/past for Andy or does the artifact + Autumn combo have some time shenanigans going on.

Phantom Seer 13
No one tell Aibestu that someone 100% died two issues ago.

Curious to see where this goes now that Aibetsu can hold her own. Last panels makes it seem that we will be expanding a bit in scope.

Me & Roboco 19
Gachi Gorilla too good.
Roboco en route to becoming the most popular Jump Series ever.
Huzzah!
zKP55lj.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Boruto 52:
I just can't with this Boruto art. The fights lack any sort of impact whatsoever. And for the people involved in the fight it looks just awful in terms of power display. When you have to have multiple characters saying how powerful Naruto is because the actual fight doesn't convey it, that's a problem

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days is... fine? But in terms of Jump gag series, it's no Magu-Chan. It's kinda just an inferior version of Way of the Househusband, substituting actual (if ridiculous) action for fake action and some "ha ha he fat" gags on top. Gonna stick with it for a bit, see if it improves, but really not feeling it.
Honestly Build King might be the weakest out of the new series
Agreed.
Yozakura Family 60
The turn the protagonist into a baby thing is a bit of a comedy series staple, but works. Cute chapter!
Yeah, this was pretty adorable, all things considered.
Phantom Seer 13
No one tell Aibestu that someone 100% died two issues ago.

Curious to see where this goes now that Aibetsu can hold her own. Last panels makes it seem that we will be expanding a bit in scope.
I'm still half expecting a sudden THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES cancellation. Not sure why else they'd so obviously accelerate Aibetsu's training unless editorial decided they needed to refocus around her (which I'm not opposed to tbh).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The Comiq (7 chapter short series)

This series is about a mangaka who discovers that his mysterious back ground artist was once accused of being a killer and now draws background art in jail. In the background art the artist leaves clues to the truth behind the murder and our mangaka lead must figure out the truth while a conspiracy attempts to hide the truth forever.

This was an entertaining enough short series by the creator of Yu Gi Oh and it's a series I think is worth checking out. I'm always a sucker for a good mystery and while this isn't really a story the audience can solve before the twist happen, it's still a ride worth going on.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Sakamoto Days 1
Not bad
Gonna try and find the 1 shot version since u guys are saying it's bloodier

Imo kaiju 8 had THE best 1st chapter I've seen in a long time, but it's been mediocre for a while, hope it picks up again, I still have some hope for kaiju 8

Status
Not open for further replies.