Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want Kirby and dragoon kart pieces for one of the waves. I'm not asking for much. :(

Anyway it was nice seeing birdo join the roster again.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
For anyone who hasn't heard Kamek's new voice in Tour, it's... something alright

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynI0Wfb3A88

I don't think it's been used yet outside of Tour, so him coming to 8 eventually might be the first time people get to hear the glorious magic echo screeches

WooooOOOOOoooOOooOooOOOOOOooo ooo ooooOO

This just sounds like Toad with a filter honestly... Doesn't sound very close to his usual voice to me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imLKKhjtv6I

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How cool would it be to get race as Wart? Really wish Nintendo would go wild with their character selection.

latest

Aug 12, 2019
Again I hate to burst people's bubbles, but it's better to do it now rather that at the end of the Booster Course Pass, but the new characters added are limited to retro characters according to the recent press release from past Mario Kart games. So nothing they haven't done before will be coming into the game and there won't be any more fun Nintendo crossover characters if that holds true sadly.

I'd love for them to go further of course, still would love a Kirby Air Ride type crossover so much, but just using the old Mario Kart content (and presumably that which is in Tour since it's the base for everything already) can add so much 8 Deluxe needs too.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Again I hate to burst people's bubbles, but it's better to do it now rather that at the end of the Booster Course Pass, but the new characters added are limited to retro characters according to the recent press release from past Mario Kart games. So nothing they haven't done before will be coming into the game and there won't be any more fun Nintendo crossover characters if that holds true sadly.

I'd love for them to go further of course, still would love a Kirby Air Ride type crossover so much, but just using the old Mario Kart content (and presumably that which is in Tour since it's the base for everything already) can add so much 8 Deluxe needs too.

Handy image from Reddit of past characters not in 8DX

(In order of appearance)

those-are-all-the-past-characters-that-could-be-added-in-v0-33i2hutlegha1.jpg

Unless Tour throws a surprise newcomer within the next few months, we're probably looking at them picking from these characters as the only potential additions

Still a lot of great potential additions here, though

Paratroopa is interesting because if he really is added next week to Tour as the Mii costume might hint at… that makes him have a pretty good shot (due to recentcy and ease of adding him) but I also don't want to have Paratroopa become the Dark Pit of Mario Kart because he "stole a slot" and have him be irrationally hated for just existing

He'd make a fine alt for Koopa, though

Last edited:

BirdoFan87

Feb 11, 2020
California

(In order of appearance)

Unless Tour throws a surprise newcomer within the next few months, we're probably looking at them picking from these characters as the only potential additions

Still a lot of great potential additions here, though

Paratroopa is interesting because if he really is added next week to Tour as the Mii costume might hint at… that makes him have a pretty good shot (due to recentcy and ease of adding him) but I also don't want to have Paratroopa become the Dark Pit of Mario Kart because he "stole a slot" and have him be irrationally hated for just existing

He'd make a fine alt for Koopa, though

Well if the new Mii Costume Wave 26/27 trailer is anything to go by, Tour might be getting Spike next month.

(Watch until the end to see the Spike Mii Costume Silhouette)

View: https://youtu.be/IJL5pTkkCVc

Aug 12, 2019
I need Petey so bad.

If we only get three, I'm hoping it's Birdo, Petey, and Diddy Kong. Would fill out the roster quite nicely with old veterans.

Yes I do want Pauline too, but there's like 0 chance she won't be in Mario Kart soon enough anyway and I'm halfway convinced they'll hold her back anyway from inclusion in this to have a big new character for Mario Kart 10 lol.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

(In order of appearance)

I want DK Jr. and Nabbit so bad. Petey would be great as well. Diddy is cool too. But the first 2, especially DK Jr., are by far my top picks. I like Captain Toad and honestly I'd happily swap it with plain Toad, but it's still Toad at least for me. That's it, nothing else. I actively DON'T want the others in the game lol, sorry guys

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017

I'm okay with them just throwing some final DLC retro stuff at us like this as we wait for the next entry. I'm one of the ones that hopes we get Nintendo Kart going forward (as long as a third of the roster isn't Fire Emblem ) but I'm loving the final support.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I want DK Jr. and Nabbit so bad. Petey would be great as well. Diddy is cool too. But the first 2, especially DK Jr., are by far my top picks. I like Captain Toad and honestly I'd happily swap it with plain Toad, but it's still Toad at least for me. That's it, nothing else. I actively DON'T want the others in the game lol, sorry guys
Captain Toad got done dirty in Tour, to be fair. He's supposed to be a distinct character from the regular Toad but he shares the exact same animations as him.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
For anyone who hasn't heard Kamek's new voice in Tour, it's... something alright

Awful. That's freakin' Toad with a pitch/doubling effect on top or somethig.

Kamek's usual voice is a much better fit and at least is unique
Captain Toad got done dirty in Tour, to be fair. He's supposed to be a distinct character from the regular Toad but he shares the exact same animations as him.

Oh yeah if they treat him as a proper character then go for it, I'd be suddenly very interested but done like in Tour no thanks

Awful. That's freakin' Toad with a pitch/doubling effect on top or somethig.

Kamek's usual voice is a much better fit and at least is unique

Edit: beaten badly but damn I'm not just hearing it myself then… still, not so much of a consolation when you think that it's a done deal anyway, lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
He's actually considered an alt of Toad, not just sharing animations, according to Vs Tour character lists that group alts

Technically him and Peachette shouldn't even be on that image

Captain Toad is no different from Mario wearing a Santa hat as far as Tour is concerned

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At the very least, hopefully we get all of the Tour characters. Though, I won't complain if they don't bother with Hammer Bro and Monty

I'm in dire need of Kamek, Chuck, and Petey

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Here's hoping they add Battle Mode courses too. The fact that they still don't have what is unquestionably the best map in the series' history, Block Fort, is downright inexcusable.