• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't give a crap about the Avengers and MCU, but this game is promising.

That said, I agree with the character models being a little meh.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
That was a terrible presentation but they say there's a demo out there so hopefully we'll see something more enlightening soon.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I've had zero interest in this since it was hinted at because I expected a very bland and safe game. I guess I'll have to see once I actually see gameplay, but I definitely wasn't interested in what they showed off.

Feb 15, 2018
what the fuck is with the awful faces on every single character. like default model face.

look at this, what is this:

D8vxw2QXUAM-dcA.png
Mr Stark, I don't feel so good....

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
In terms of messaging that was so bizarre. If you have a gameplay demo on the show floor, why not fucking show it to the general public in your conference, rather than give them almost zero impression of how it plays? Christ. This shit is marketing 101. Show us some awesome footage of Iron Man flying/Hulk smashing/Thor hammering and you've got viral GIFs for days.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I was expecting a more unique take on the Avengers, like how Insomniac made Spiderman PS4 stand out on its own rather than mimicing the movies.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
D8vw76iXYAAvjKY.jpg:large

Lmaooo i can't take iron man's face in that suit with a straight face

edit

yeah MvsCI has a new challenger

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks gorgeous, I'll have to get used to the new faces... Bruce banner looked wierd. But I'm excited.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I think it's fine. No way in hell tgey would have been able to afford the MCU actors so having experienced game actors are a good compromise.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's good. I'm ok with the video game universe being totally separate from the movies in terms of design. Its ambitious definitely to have all these characters feel unique and not end up with really shallow gameplay especially if the want this to be a gaas game.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's kinda stupid how GAAS is being thrown around like a dirty word when it's clear the game was going to have post launch content.

Like seriously. They go as far as to ensure the crowd knows all post-launch characters and missions will be free of charge, what else do you guys want?

The cinematic looked phenomenal, character designs aside, and I'm really looking forward to gameplay impressions. The Iron Man flying looked straight out of Anthem (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), and other iconic moves like Cap throwing the shield or Thor swing his hammer looked pretty tight mechanically.

Fortnite just did their Endgame event not too long ago that featured similar mechanics and that was immensely satisfying for the format, so I'm looking forward to a dedicated AAA experience that refines these movesets.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe because I really didn't care about this game existence but not gonna lie after the trailer I am in.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Having no gameplay at all in the presentation when they apparently have a demo on the showfloor is baffling. It's like everyone decided that E3 2019 was the year of CG trailers.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's obviously crystal dynamics interpretation of the Marvel characters. Let them express themselves for Christ's sake. I don't see the hate for insomniac doing something similar with Spiderman.

Jesus, the pessimism on this board is too much at times.

Everything seems Ok, except some character models. That's all, everything else is exciting but Thor, Iron Man, etc. looks off. Bruce Banner and Tony looks fine

Oct 25, 2017
What a baffling reveal. They just kept dragging it along and ended up showing absolutely nothing of note.

I just want to see gameplay. I don't even need to know what sort of systems and gameplay loop it has. Just let me have an idea what I'll be doing moment to moment.

I'm assuming it's going to be a brawler of some sort.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
If you told me they went to the Unreal Asset store and bought these models. I would believe you.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Really hate the character designs, Cap's especially just looks like generic bro dude. I mean ffs if they weren't going to match the movies do something more imaginative .

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
@everyone saying that of course they didn't want to pay multi millions to the movie actors: Yes, that was to be expected, but they still could've given the characters other interesting looks and faces. They look so generic and bland, it's really jarring. In the scene Bruce and Tony talk they look almost like twins, just with different hair.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 exclusive beta and stuff? I think Sony didn't need a conference after all.

How can we access the beta on PS4?

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it looked fine and not surprised by anything they showed. I'm expecting the gameplay to be the most linear, straight-forward thing you can imagine. I kept my expectations super low and everything come out seeming about average to me.

That Tony face, beard and hair though....come on...

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
UGH!! Instead of Robert Downey Jr. they used a generic-looking white guy!!!!!! >:-(

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Lol the comments about the bootleg character designs. Y'all are savage.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I like the look. At first it felt off, but that's only because of how much I'm used to seeing the actors in the MCU. I just wish they showed more than what they did. Also I hope they don't do the Batman Arkham series approach of conveniently remove all civilians from the streets because reasons.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously crystal dynamics interpretation of the Marvel characters. Let them express themselves for Christ's sake. I don't see the hate for insomniac doing something similar with Spiderman.

Jesus, the pessimism on this board is too much at times.

The entire reason this game exists is the MCU. Seems ludicrous to make the characters look absolutely nothing like the characters in the movies.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
They look like weird cosplayers but in the MCU costumes.

Should have taken a cue from Spider-Man and done completely original designs to make it not jarring at all. Also this roster is weak. Gonna need some more info before they get my money on this one. Similarly with the color pallet. Would have liked a more colorful world and costumes. Hopefully the attacks are bright and flashy, but so far this is a far cry from what I hoped for after being given a ton of faith from Spider-Man late last year and the fun looking Ultimate Alliance 3

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Why do people keep saying there was no gameplay? It wasn't immediately obvious but there were clearly spots where the perspective shifted to gameplay.