• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm repeating myself but

This looks a movie tie in game that they stopped making made today

It's looks so cheap

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Idk I feel like we saw hints of game play.
I have no problem with the redesigned faces I'll get use to them by hour 4.

PS beta exclusive is some bullshit but I expect nothing less from Sony (with that said I'll still be playing that beta and probably enjoying it). It just sucks because I don't want to pre order it for my pro I want it on my X, they are forcing my hand.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
the game looks amazing. that trailer was fucking hype. not sure what people want out of these games. i feel so out of touch with this community.
I think you know exactly what they want...

They wanted this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Instead of this:

zhecwSj.png

Despite this:

7d4fbe7fae4b63e812aa717824db3f01.jpg

tony-stark-marvel-video-comics-6.39.jpg

As many times as Tony Stark's face has changed over the years, I'm completely comfortable with this...even currently, he looks nothing like the MCU version and is just inhabiting a reconstructed body of his younger self (since, yanno, he actually died in the comics, in a non-movie related way)...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
These Avengers look like the sort legally distinct Chinese knock off figures you'd get at Poundland.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
@everyone saying that of course they didn't want to pay multi millions to the movie actors: Yes, that was to be expected, but they still could've given the characters other interesting looks and faces. They look so generic and bland, it's really jarring. In the scene Bruce and Tony talk they look almost like twins, just with different hair.

One thing that is scaring me is that we didn't see Bruce transforming to Hulk but it was just an edited cut as the oldest trick of gaming which consists in a trick to swap 3D models because the lack of real time morphing. If this is the case then I will be really not thrilled at all.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for this game. If we had a consistent Spider-Man movie universe when Spidey PS4 came out it would have probably got a similar reaction character design wise. The game was using a lot of comic stuff but it was clearly drawing from the Tobey and Garfield films as well. With an MCU style Avengers game audiences have had a pretty consistent cast/world for the last 11 years. So while Peter Parker looking like a bit off is fine it just looks weird with Iron Man.
large.jpg

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer basically encapsulates for me why I don't get excited about E3 anymore. Just show gameplay. You want to show this big CG trailer? Go ahead but throw some gameplay in as well. Give me SOMETHING. The fact that no one does anymore turns me off entirely to the entire model and it's the main reason I buy only a few games a year instead of one a month minimum when I was younger. Have some respect for me as your audience and show your product without the obfuscation.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Not bothered too much by the ugly(cept bruce) models
Just wish the the lineup could've been more creative

Jun 4, 2019
Guys, it's fine. This is Crystal's interpretation. And their interpretation seems to be low-rent MCU with generic VA, bad writing, and zero POC. It's fine, you're being silly!

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
If it's the Insomniac Spider-Man, I don't think he'd be allowed on other consoles, would he?
Probably not, but I'd imagine with the focus on their own version and identity of these characters that they'd create their version of Spider-Man as well.
The issue in my eyes is that they've chosen the most generic VAs and given them 'not-MCU' designs. That scene with Tony and Bruce fighting could have been a scene of Nathan and Sam Drake fighting if the character models were changed.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, hell my girlfriend even asked who Tony Stark was supposed to be. I do wish they were more identifiable as those characters, but I definitely don't want them just putting the MCU cast in a game.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting some epic gameplay reveal that showed some sort of uncharted/spider-man4 level SP campaign stuff and yet they made it look like some sort of crappy (game wise not graphics wise) F2P GAAS thing that really didn't make me want to play it whatsoever.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Everything about this game is a huge turn off. The biggest mistake is the lack of likeness. If my guess is correct, at this point most people associate the Avengers with their movie likeness, especially if they're photoreal. SQ should have either acquired the likenesses properly, or went for a more stylized look instead of this off brand shit. They did it with KH and the pirates world, so why couldn't they do it here? Semi-famous voice actors are not gonna sell your movie license game to the casuals.

The other mistake is the collection of pure cinematic moments. I'm sure the game is more than that but the way it was edited gives us no idea about the flow of action, combat, and how much control the player has. SQ has jumped the shark and assumed people will buy anything just because of the brand. What a mess.

All of this!

The character voices and designs remind of the mobile games. Not good enough for the AAA game I'm expecting.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have at least expected Injustice 2 level character designs. Injustice 2 characters looks phenomenal.

Overall it looks good, just dont know what the game is going to be like to we'll see.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also the goddamn Superior suit in that space segment.

I hope this game goes nuts with the costumes.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I feel bad for this game. If we had a consistent Spider-Man movie universe when Spidey PS4 came out it would have probably got a similar reaction character design wise. The game was using a lot of comic stuff but it was clearly drawing from the Tobey and Garfield films as well. With an MCU style Avengers game audiences have had a pretty consistent cast/world for the last 11 years. So while Peter Parker looking like a bit off is fine it just looks weird with Iron Man.
large.jpg

That was clearly its own thing though, hence the reaction was so positive. It borrowed elements but merely that, elements, and most people didn't see those elements until they actually played the game.

This looks like it's trying to ape the look of the first Avenger film, and badly so.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Must be bizarro world when in house Final Fantasy games are in better shape and condition than CDs offerings.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Somehow all the male characters look the same with different hair colour and facial hair.
Everything else was alright. Need to see some gameplay.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serious thoughts: character models are jarring but I could get used to it. what I dont like about this presentation is there was no gameplay at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Does Marvel force devs to make terrible character models. Reminds me of the recent Marvel vs Capcom. World looks cool - characters look 'off'.

Jan 10, 2018
It doesn't look bad for a game, but this is a case of the gap between movies and games being very massive. And Marvel movies aren't even that strong visually.

Oct 25, 2017
ZIM0vxU.gif

This entire thing feels like CD isn't aware the MCU exists and these characters have all been in multiple billion dollar movies

I'm legitimately surprised. This was some Rise of The Imperfects-level shit. It's honestly something that would've dropped in 2006/7 before these guys were huge. It would've been fine then, not when they're at the heart of the highest-grossing movie series of all time.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Honestly I think the MCU spoiled audiences with its costume design. MCU costume designers are among the best of the best. It's hard not to copy them, so I imagine drafting original appearances for these timeless characters was a challenge.

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive beta access and special content are annoying, but performance is what really matters and Nixxes being involved means the PC port should be pretty pretty pretty good.