• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
unfashionable: 238k

edit - updated on 7/9/2018 almost doubles my estimate. I'm more excited for this than DQ XI so I am going to have some faith that the japanese value the innovation and depth of this game...

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be super disappointed if Octopath can't cross 100k first week. I don't expect it to match Bravely Default but getting past 200k should be a minimum imo.

Jan 2, 2018
Ok girls and guys, i heard you :p

OCTOPATH TRAVELER PREDICTIONS: FIRST WEEK SALES (closed on July 12)

DhOuCT2UYAAjQM_.jpg

Please, write like this:

Your name: sales

THX :)

Lichtsang: 102.000

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Love me some arbitrary threshold which makes or breaks a game. If Octopath sells 95k is underwhelming but if it sells 105k is good? ;)

And people wonder why Nintendo is porting these games.

I don't think anyone wondering anymore why Nintendo is porting these games. Sales proved the reasons why. Maybe people are simply complaining that they've played those games on Wii U.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Well I do hope Captain Toad being ported means good things for a sequel going forward :P I really want that.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
GEO Ranking Sales, 2018 (Jul 02 - Jul 08)

img_18_01.jpg

~ 1.200 stores

01/01 [NSW] Mario Tennis Ace
02/ N [PS4] Zanki Zero
03/03 [NSW] Minecraft
04/02 [PS4] The Crew 2
05/ N [PSV] Zanki Zero
06/05 [NSW] Splatoon 2
07/08 [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
08/10 [PS4] Winning Eleven 2018
09/04 [PS4] New Gundam Breaker
10/07 [PS4] Kingdom Hearts - HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix

"今週のランキング1位は3週連続でNintendo Switch「マリオテニス エース」となりました。Nintendo Switch をはじめ、他機種でも新作タイトルが少ないことが要因となっております。
2位と5位に新作のPS4・PS Vita「ザンキゼロ」がランクインしました。こちらは「ダンガンロンパ」シリーズのスタッフが製作する新規タイトルとなっています。プレイしたユーザーの評判・評価が、販売数が伸びるかどうかの指標となるタイトルですので、今後に期待しております"

Google translate:
Mr. Takafumi Muto:
"This week's ranking number one ranked Nintendo Switch "Mario Tennis Ace" for three consecutive weeks. Nintendo Switch and other models also cause fewer new titles.
New PS4 · PS Vita "Zanzero" ranked in 2nd and 5th place. This is a new title to be produced by the staff of "Danganronpa" series. The reputation and evaluation of the user who played is a title which is an index of whether or not the number of sales will increase, so I expect it in the future."

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
TSUTAYA Ranking Sales, 2018 (Jul 02 - Jul 08)

02/ N. [PS4] Zanki Zero
04/ N [PSV] Zanki Zero

08/07 [PS4] Winning Eleven 2018
12/11 [PS4] Detroit: Become Human

06r4Dt0.jpg

PS4: 10
NSW: 9
PSV: 1

Hmm, that YS ranking is interesting. Kinda looks like it might have a soft drop.

Ok girls and guys, i heard you :p

OCTOPATH TRAVELER PREDICTIONS: FIRST WEEK SALES (closed on July 12)

DhOuCT2UYAAjQM_.jpg

Please, write like this:

Your name: sales

THX :)

Zedark: 118k

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What i dont like about Pokemon these days, is the lack of challenge in single player battles. Since PB and PW i have not lost a single battle, and LGP / LGE looks even easier ( those 2 vs 1 battles OMG!). I want better A.I, NPC should know what attacks are super effective. Pokemon is casual, but casual shouldnt mean easy.
I actually find S/M to be a genunine challenge in spots, now I was a lapsed fan but I felt like i havent forgot how to Pokemon so the essentially the boss fights kimda kicked my ass

_Dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
What i dont like about Pokemon these days, is the lack of challenge in single player battles. Since PB and PW i have not lost a single battle, and LGP / LGE looks even easier ( those 2 vs 1 battles OMG!). I want better A.I, NPC should know what attacks are super effective. Pokemon is casual, but casual shouldnt mean easy.
Pokémon was never hard, that's the thing. As long as you have six Pokémon with you and a bunch of items, you have to deliberately do bad in order to lose.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Pokémon was never hard, that's the thing. As long as you have six Pokémon with you and a bunch of items, you have to deliberately do bad in order to lose.

New games have introduced Exp. Share which allows to train faster your team. Before you had to train each Pokémon of the team separately and it was pretty long. I had some difficulties in the first 2 generations.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Looks like Bamco heard our musings. Latest PR for Neko Tomo has regional breakdown for Kuma Tomo sales:

- worldwide: 350k
- Japan: 240k
- Europe: 110k

【前作、クマトモ製品情報】
タイトル
:しんゆうができちゃうゲーム クマ・トモ
発売日:2013年6月発売
◆おしゃべりするクマのぬいぐるみと仲を深めていくコミュニケーションゲーム◆
出荷本数約35万本の大ヒット(国内24万本 欧豪版11万本)

https://www.4gamer.net/games/425/G042500/20180703100/

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
New games have introduced Exp. Share which allows to train faster your team. Before you had to train each Pokémon of the team separately and it was pretty long. I had some difficulties in the first 2 generations.

There was Exp share already in Gold/Silver. You just didn't get it automatically like later on.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Have you played US/UM? Those some of the hardest games in the series, there are a few very hard boss battles.