• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know SE never gave a release window for Dragon Quest Builders 2 neither mentioned 2018 officially.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I usually some times forget to look at last year in comparison but holy shit, last year saw huge numbers for switch and PS4 and PS4 even won that week, im assuming it was splatoon 2 effect and DQ11 launch

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Considering Youkai Watch 4, Smash and Pokemon for late 2018 on Switch, I would like to see DQBuilders2 on Q1 or Q2 2019.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I looked up NIS' earnings release from May (so over Q1 2018) and they had a big increase in revenue and profit compared to Q1 2017. However, they didn't give a sales split: no mobile vs console, no Japan vs west, no self-developed vs published. But they only have one big mobile thing as far as I know and that's Makai Wars - although they are still working on a Yomawari mobile game/port. To say their self-developed console business is just one of many things doesn't sound right to me; it looks like their console business is a much bigger investment, so it should also give significantly more returns.

As for NIS America, if they "didn't have enough to do", why did they let it come so far that they still were too tight on localisation and QA schedules? The brand got quite a lot of damage in the last couple of years. Sounds unnecessary to me. Things like the Ys 8 PC debacle probably cost them more sales than it would've cost them to make sure the thing was clean and ready on first try, or am I wrong?
with Ys, they seemed to balance the poor PC launch with a great Switch launch. not having the same issues (issues that are fixed with the day 1 patch upon trying to boot the game) allowed the game to carry a much more positive word of mouth. I don't think they'd have much to fear from the PC crowd as long as the Switch crowd picks up the slack if they get Trails of Cold Steel

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Between Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Traveler, Nintendo has cultivated a sizable RPG audience for the Switch. I wonder how Torna ~ The Golden Country will fare once it launches. Hopefully it's opening is bigger than XC2 and OT in the first week, but I don't know if that's doable since it's just an expansion. Sales will be split evenly between the physical and digital copies, I'd imagine.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Between Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Traveler, Nintendo has cultivated a sizable RPG audience for the Switch. I wonder how Torna ~ The Golden Country will fare once it launches. Hopefully it's opening is bigger than XC2 and OT in the first week, but I don't know if that's doable since it's just an expansion. Sales will be split evenly between the physical and digital copies, I'd imagine.
Yeah, little chance of that happening: it's not a mainline release, and is furthermore split between the expansion pass and the standalone release, where the standalone release is more expensive.

It's comparable to UC4 vs. UC:TLL imo.

Oct 26, 2017
with Ys, they seemed to balance the poor PC launch with a great Switch launch. not having the same issues (issues that are fixed with the day 1 patch upon trying to boot the game) allowed the game to carry a much more positive word of mouth. I don't think they'd have much to fear from the PC crowd as long as the Switch crowd picks up the slack if they get Trails of Cold Steel

I've said it before, NIS/NISA have had the best luck and support (both ways) on Switch.

It's almost good fortune for them if they do pick up the Cold Steel games and get them all on Switch, because to me the Switch audience has been very positively receiving NIS/NISA IMO.

Yeah the traditional fanbase on other systems will not exactly like it, but even Ys 8 is doing very well on Switch (apparently best out of all versions despite being the last one to get the game).

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
The bundles didn't do many things for 3DS hardware. If it doesn't show a respectable rise at Obon with the releases it has after December it will be DOA.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I looked up NIS' earnings release from May (so over Q1 2018) and they had a big increase in revenue and profit compared to Q1 2017. However, they didn't give a sales split: no mobile vs console, no Japan vs west, no self-developed vs published. But they only have one big mobile thing as far as I know and that's Makai Wars - although they are still working on a Yomawari mobile game/port. To say their self-developed console business is just one of many things doesn't sound right to me; it looks like their console business is a much bigger investment, so it should also give significantly more returns.

As for NIS America, if they "didn't have enough to do", why did they let it come so far that they still were too tight on localisation and QA schedules? The brand got quite a lot of damage in the last couple of years. Sounds unnecessary to me. Things like the Ys 8 PC debacle probably cost them more sales than it would've cost them to make sure the thing was clean and ready on first try, or am I wrong?

i mean it didn't look like they had enough to localize. if i were to guess, they had a lean year or two as they were transitioning out of anime. this could have led to bids not getting picked up and then an overcorrection where they started to win every bid they made. just a guess though, going from how heavy 2017 and 2018 look compared to 2015 and 2016. ys viii pc wouldn't have been affected by that in particular though. that is more of a general lack of understanding of pc, i think, which honestly goes as far back as cladun in 2012 but also includes disgaea pc. since january or so, they have a lot more involvement with the programming and a much more in-depth qa process than what was there originally.

I wonder if NIS/NISA have any other bigger projects coming up (particularly for Switch) that haven't been announced yet.

Any new hints maybe Anihawk? :P

there should be a localization announcement pretty soon. of course it's for next year at this stage. as far as big projects go and specifically for switch, you'll probably have to wait until 2019 for a nintendo direct or their press event. it's usually at this time of the year that they go relatively quiet on game announcements.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Well PS4 2018 will likely fall behind 2017 next week or so. It's a shame but oh well.

Oct 26, 2017
i mean it didn't look like they had enough to localize. if i were to guess, they had a lean year or two as they were transitioning out of anime. this could have led to bids not getting picked up and then an overcorrection where they started to win every bid they made. just a guess though, going from how heavy 2017 and 2018 look compared to 2015 and 2016. ys viii pc wouldn't have been affected by that in particular though. that is more of a general lack of understanding of pc, i think, which honestly goes as far back as cladun in 2012 but also includes disgaea pc. since january or so, they have a lot more involvement with the programming and a much more in-depth qa process than what was there originally.

there should be a localization announcement pretty soon. of course it's for next year at this stage. as far as big projects go and specifically for switch, you'll probably have to wait until 2019 for a nintendo direct or their press event. it's usually at this time of the year that they go relatively quiet on game announcements.

So the hint is a localization of a bigger project on Switch being announced soon for release in 2019, correct? Is this an existing Switch game or is this another Ys 8 and The Caligula Effect: Overdose sort of all-new Switch port?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The bundles didn't do many things for 3DS hardware. If it doesn't show a respectable rise at Obon with the releases it has after December it will be DOA.

Warioware Gold is releasing tomorrow. If we don't see a respectable number for that it might truly be over after a great 7 year run.

Oct 27, 2017
PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 3 [All Versions]: 4.840.930
PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.502.846
PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [All Versions]: 4.226.265
3DS Monster Hunter 4: 3.897.628
3DS Monster Hunter Generations: 3.136.563
PS4 Monster Hunter: World: 2.801.967
3DS Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 2.716.440
3DS Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 2.667.398
PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: 2.453.132
3DS Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [All Versions]: 1.941.106

not too shabby.

Anyone who would have suggested here this kind of number for Monster Hunter World before the release would have earned 20 pages of "lol", just like Dragon Quest XI was not supposed to reach a million on PS4.

How many home console games in Japan ever reached this kind of height on PlayStation ? Using Famitsu archives and if I didn't overlooked anyone, only five games did better : Final Fantasy X (3 million), Final Fantasy VIII (3,5 million), Dragon Quest VIII (3,7 million), Dragon Quest VII (3,8 million) and Final Fantasy VII (3,9 million).

What happened is Monster Hunter has made history on PS4, even more when you know in what kind of landscape the japanese home console market is stucked right now, and anecdotally the next PlayStation Awards are going to present their very first "triple platinum" award.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
AniHawk Would NISA ever to another visual novel? As much as we know NISA fostered many partnerships over the years, they're also losing a lot of those recently like Experience, Spike Chunsoft and a few others.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
So the hint is a localization of a bigger project on Switch being announced soon for release in 2019, correct? Is this an existing Switch game or is this another Ys 8 and The Caligula Effect: Overdose sort of all-new Switch port?

no - the localization project for switch is a small one, but it'll come out in 2019. any other big announcement will probably happen next year. nisa's been getting some nintendo direct support since 2017 so there might be something there later this year or early next year, or at their press event.

AniHawk Would NISA ever to another visual novel? As much as we know NISA fostered many partnerships over the years, they're also losing a lot of those recently like Experience, Spike Chunsoft and a few others.

sure. i could see something like that happening, but it would have to be a special project. they're doing a lot of mid-sized games right now so they would need to clear off space for something like that. if it's coming out for switch, that's even better.

Oct 26, 2017
no - the localization project for switch is a small one, but it'll come out in 2019. any other big announcement will probably happen next year. nisa's been getting some nintendo direct support since 2017 so there might be something there later this year or early next year, or at their press event.

Ah, thanks for clarifying! :)

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, now that you mention it, they indeed had less than half the amount of releases in 2015 and 2016 compared to 2017, and 2018.

I don't know how localisation and translation works, but couldn't some people who do Japanese-to-English also do English-to-Japanese and for example help western developers get their games released in Japan? Since early 2017, NIS has Nippon Ichi Indie Spirits, which brings western indies to Japan. Are those games also translated and localised by NISA or are they handled in Japan? Because that brings extra workload to the table.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
graph.png

graph.png

graph.png

graph.png

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Right, so in the BD example above, even with stock issues like OT, it couldn't increase its sales when the stock issues were resolved going by those numbers - so I'm not really holding on to much hope OT will be any different. Though maybe there's a better example of a game that ran out of stock, dropped to 20% of it's first week sales due to stock in week 2, then in week 3 rose like 300% when stock was resolved?
BD stock problems were nowhere close to OT. Just at its second week it faced short supply.

Obon is close, we'll see soon how much power it has.

Edit: Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Joker Professional is a good example if you want to see what happens when a game in high demand lacks supply. Digital didn't exist back then.

Same for Bravely Default. Digital release came out 3 weeks later in year 2012 for a 3DS game. 2018, digital and Switch are very different from then.

Last edited:

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, now that you mention it, they indeed had less than half the amount of releases in 2015 and 2016 compared to 2017, and 2018.

I don't know how localisation and translation works, but couldn't some people who do Japanese-to-English also do English-to-Japanese and for example help western developers get their games released in Japan? Since early 2017, NIS has Nippon Ichi Indie Spirits, which brings western indies to Japan. Are those games also translated and localised by NISA or are they handled in Japan? Because that brings extra workload to the table.

i don't think nisa has any e-j translators for that purpose. they certainly don't have any japanese editors either, so i think it's just a business for nis.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm shocked Mega Man sold almost twice as much on the PS4 as on the Switch. Would have thought the audience for that was on the Switch.

MHW is officially dead in Japan. Not even the bundle could move the needle on the PS4

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm shocked Mega Man sold almost twice as much on the PS4 as on the Switch. Would have thought the audience for that was on the Switch.

MHW is officially dead in Japan. Not even the bundle could move the needle on the PS4

Not saying this is the reason, but a proper physical version is effectively cheaper.

Also, while 2D retro market seems to be huge on Switch in the west, not sure it's the same in Japan. PS4 having a more hardcore, older userbase in Japan may be better aligned for MM than the younger, more mainstream userbase on Switch.

I dunno

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

The game already did its massive hardware boost in Jan though. Its one of the most purchased used games at GEO so it is still liked it seems.

As for Mega Man I imagint that the fanbase for MMX is mlre sony dominant. That said if you include collection 1 solo on Switch its at about 2/3rds of the PS4.

I'm more surprised they sold 50k units of Mega Man week one. I didnt think the series had anything in the tank in Japan

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Even trackers and retailers when they do their weekly analysis mention lately how many spots Switch software takes in top 10/20/30 if they think it's noteworthy.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Octopath traveler restocks, August 01

Many stores received restocks (a little less than July 31), low quantities (as July 31, Monday: very rare restocks), examples:

ComG!
DjfyW1jV4AAafQ7.jpg

Otasou stores
DjheyWEU0AE-Bbr.jpg

Djhd2BLUUAABWqe.jpg

Enterking
Djfx73nU8AIKckI.jpg

Pao game, game station kamioooka, GEO tokyusquare, theta totsuka, mulan kitasenju, 1983 and more. For now, this week seems better than last week (from Monday to Wednesday), we'll see next days :)

I noticed some YS 8 switch restocks and Rockman X anniversary collection ps4/switch today (games are sold out in many stores), an example:

Ojamakansan
売り切れていた、Switchのイース8やロックマンXアニバーサリー1と2、PS4のロックマンXアニバーサリー1と2、入荷しました!! どちらも人気商品、オススメです!
DjfmDMHUcAA1g7M.jpg

DjfmDMIVAAAjqf6.jpg

Used Xenoblade Chronicles 2 price at a GEO store:
Djf7QicUUAA5kT7.jpg

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
GEO Ranking Preorders

Dc02UGrU8AMYiS_.jpg

~ 1.200 stores

About ranking:
- N is the title that was not ranked in within last ranking
- Games close to release date and games for which reservation reception has ended in Geo are not published in the ranking
- The ranking of the title is ranking by the total number including other models and bonus version
- Hardware order of multi titles is in order of hardware release date

01/01 [PS4] Winning Eleven 2019 - August 30
02/02 [PS4] Spider-Man - September 07
03/03 [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga - September 27
04/04 [NSW] Warriors Orochi 3 - September 27
04/04 [PS4] Warriors Orochi 3 - September 27
05/20 [PS4] Utawarerumono Zan - September 27
06/08 [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 12
07/09 [PS4] Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 26
08/12 [NSW] Super Mario Party - October 05
09/07 [PS4] Yakuza 3 - August 09
10/10 [PS4] Battlefield 5 - October 19
11/11 [NSW] Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! - November 16
11/11 [NSW] Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee! - November 16
12/13 [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Special - December 07
13/14 [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III - January 25
14/18 [NSW] FIFA 19 - September 28
14/18 [PS4] FIFA 19 - September 28
15/ N [PS4] Assassin's Screed: Odyssey - October 02
16/17 [NSW] NBA 2K19 - September 11
16/17 [PS4] NBA 2K19 - September 11
17/31 [PS4] Shadow of the Tomb Raider - September 14
18/30 [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories - October 25
19/19 [NSW] STEINS; GATE ELITE - September 20
19/19 [PS4] STEINS; GATE ELITE - September 20
19/19 [PSV] STEINS; GATE ELITE - September 20
20/27 [NSW] My Hero Academia: One's Justice - August 23
20/27 [PS4] My Hero Academia: One's Justice - August 23
21/28 [PS4] Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - August 30
22/21 [PS4] Conan Outcasts - August 23
23/22 [NSW] Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires' Conspiracy DX - August 09
24/24 [PS4] Bullet Girls Phantasia - August 09
24/24 [PSV] Bullet Girls Phantasia - August 09
25/25 [PS4] Fire Pro Wrestling World - August 09
26/26 [NSW] Okami HD - August 09
27/29 [NSW] Little Dragons Cafe - August 30
27/29 [PS4] Little Dragons Cafe - August 30
28/36 [PS4] ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS : M∀RS - September 06
29/37 [NSW] SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy - September 06
29/37 [PS4] SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy - September 06
30/ R. [PS4] 428: Shibuya Scramble - September 06
31/32 [PS4] Anthem - February 22
32/33 [NSW] Dragonball FighterZ - September 27
33/ R. [NSW] Rockman 11 - October 04
33/ R. [PS4] Rockman 11 - October 04
34/ N [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna: The Golden Country - September 21
35/38 [PS4] Black Clover: Quartet Knights - September 13
36/ N [NSW] Sumikko Gurashi: Atsumare! Sumikko Town - October 04
37/39 [PS4] F1 2018 - September 20
38/34 [NSW] The World Ends With You: Final Remix - September 27
39/35 [PS4] Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition - September 27
40/40 [PS4] Brave Neptunia: World! Universe! Pay Attention!! Ultimate RPG Declaration!! - September 27

PS4: 31
NSW: 18
PSV: 2

05/03 [NSW] Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution - August 02
06/04 [NSW] SaGa : Scarlet Grace - Hiiro no Yabô - August 02
06/04 [PS4] SaGa : Scarlet Grace - Hiiro no Yabô - August 02
15/14 [3DS] Etrian Odyssey X - August 02
16/15 [3DS] WarioWare Gold - August 02
23/19 [PS4] Friday The 13th: The Game - August 02

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2018 (Jul 23 - Jul 29)

01./01. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.07.19} (¥6.100) - 29.729 / 96.637 <60-80%> (-56%)
02./00. [PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 {Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> \ Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8>} <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥5.500) - 26.571 / NEW <80-100%>
03./02. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 24.895 / 2.506.738 <80-100%> (-15%)
04./05. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 18.792 / 1.635.732 <80-100%> (+5%)
05./07. [NSW] Minecraft <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 16.683 / 169.181 <80-100%> (-4%)
06./06. [NSW] Mario Tennis Aces <SPT> (Nintendo) {2018.06.22} (¥5.980) - 16.225 / 263.937 <80-100%> (-9%)
07./00. [NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 {Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> \ Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8>} <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥5.500) - 15.200 / NEW <60-80%>
08./03. [NSW] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker <ADV> (Nintendo) {2018.07.13} (¥3.980) - 11.468 / 73.864 <80-100%> (-48%)
09./00. [PSV] Collar x Malice: Unlimited # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2018.07.26} (¥6.300) - 11.417 / NEW <80-100%>
10./08. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥4.980) - 11.028 / 2.284.526 <80-100%> (-2%)
11./04. [NSW] Octopath Traveler <RPG> (Square Enix) {2018.07.13} (¥6.800) - 10.951 / 142.033 <80-100%> (-49%)
12./09. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 9.121 / 1.022.697 <80-100%> (+1%)
13./11. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.10.27} (¥5.980) - 7.592 / 1.748.722 <80-100%> (+3%)
14./00. [NSW] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou # <ADV> (Entergram) {2018.07.26} (¥7.980) - 6.224 / NEW <40-60%>
15./00. [PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash [Sunshine Edition] # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2018.07.26} (¥3.980) - 5.685 / NEW <40-60%>
16./12. [NSW] Kirby Star Allies <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.03.16} (¥5.980) - 5.400 / 563.625 <80-100%> (+0%)
17./00. [PS4] The Last of Us Remastered <The Last of Us \ The Last of Us: Left Behind> [PlayStation Hits] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2018.07.26} (¥1.990) - 5.378 / NEW <40-60%>
18./00. [NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) {2018.07.26} (¥4.800) - 4.808 / NEW <20-40%>
19./10. [3DS] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker <ADV> (Nintendo) {2018.07.13} (¥3.980) - 4.723 / 28.724 <80-100%> (-41%)
20./00. [PS4] Disgaea 1 Complete # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2018.07.26} (¥7.200) - 4.305 / NEW <40-60%>
21./00. [NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥3.300) - 3.910 / NEW <40-60%>
22./00. [NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥3.300) - 3.472 / NEW <40-60%>
23./00. [PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥3.300) - 3.429 / NEW <40-60%>
24./13. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts \ Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories> \ Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts II \ Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ \ Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep>> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.03.09} (¥6.800) - 3.123 / 183.934 <80-100%> (-10%)
25./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) {2018.07.26} (¥4.800) - 3.112 / NEW <20-40%>
26./00. [NSW] Disgaea 1 Complete # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2018.07.26} (¥7.200) - 2.943 / NEW <20-40%>
27./14. [NSW] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.05.03} (¥5.980) - 2.682 / 196.364 <80-100%> (-10%)
28./17. [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit <EDU> (Nintendo) {2018.04.20} (¥6.980) - 2.660 / 186.129 <60-80%> (+12%)
29./21. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 2.430 / 408.300 <80-100%> (+18%)
30./00. [PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.07.26} (¥3.300) - 2.411 / NEW <40-60%>

Top 30

NSW - 19
PS4 - 8
3DS - 2
PSV - 1

HARDWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|  NSW  |     47.446 |     53.644 |    105.697 |  1.359.612 |  1.310.784 |   4.766.770 |
| PS4 # |     17.572 |     18.033 |     93.954 |  1.036.451 |  1.084.963 |   6.893.314 |
| 3DS # |      8.413 |     10.552 |    126.790 |    365.138 |  1.099.969 |  24.103.682 |
| PSV # |      2.653 |      3.796 |      4.364 |    128.853 |    283.156 |   5.772.479 |
| XB1 # |        335 |        385 |         83 |      9.720 |      5.463 |      97.312 |
|  WIU  |         16 |         23 |        207 |      1.572 |     19.925 |   3.303.127 |
|  ALL  |     76.435 |     86.433 |    331.198 |  2.901.346 |  3.819.721 |  44.936.684 |
| XB1 X |         72 |        109 |            |      6.844 |            |       9.147 |
| XB1 S |        263 |        276 |         83 |      2.876 |        681 |      16.163 |
|PS4 Pro|      4.459 |      4.603 |      9.381 |    248.996 |    191.685 |     763.940 |
|  PS4  |     13.113 |     13.430 |     84.573 |    787.455 |    893.278 |   6.129.374 |
|  PSV  |      2.653 |      3.796 |      4.364 |    128.853 |    283.156 |   5.772.479 |
|n-2DSLL|      5.316 |      7.108 |     98.611 |    225.758 |    152.752 |     813.309 |
|  2DS  |        324 |        354 |      2.980 |     15.368 |    226.579 |     578.058 |
| n-3DS |      2.773 |      3.090 |     25.199 |    124.012 |    720.638 |   5.792.038 |

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Switch software is insane (yeah I know, we say it every week)

It truly is impressive

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Switch can have more than 70% of Japanese hardware and software market this half in Japan so don't expect things to change until December.

ASarafanov

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Japan
20-30k would be horrible imo. If Nintendo shipped over 300k of the original game in Japan there is no way the expansion should do a tenth of the sales.
I'm, talking about retail FW. It won't be horrible (like 1/3 or so), because a lot of people bought an expansion pass on eShop from the very beginning - when Xeno 2 just released (or even just became available for preorder). Expansion pass owners received a lot of additional content since then, and final part of that promised content is a story expansion / prequel game, which be released at retail as well (retail edition only annouced at E3 2018).

Situation is similar to Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Look at its retail sales compared to Uncharted 4. They were nowhere near WW, because a lot of U4 players received LL after buying an expansion pass early (they paid for it early).

Last edited: