Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're jumping the gun here. Your overall pessimism regarding the Switch 3rd party support is understandable so far, but patience is key here. Big franchises should arrive on Switch, even if they come a bit later than you'd like. If they don't, well then the Japanese 3rd party publishers are just clueless while Nintendo continues to reap the rewards of Switch's success themselves. Let's hope that doesn't happen here.

DQVIII(2004)
DQIX(2009)
DQX(2012)
DQXI(2017)

Keeping in mind that DQXI Switch will be firmly into 2018 at the earliest there's no way DQXII comes before 2021.

SWITCH GAMES, Ranking Sales, Japan, 2017 (Dec 11 - Dec 17)

japanese-gamers-lineup-to-buy-the-new-video-game-nintendo-switch-by-picture-id647350516

Media-Create: 32 games

top_logo.gif

01 - Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) (2017.07.21) - 1.530.859
02 - Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) (2017.10.27) - 1.082.650 (1m!)
03 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) (2017.04.28) - 945.232
04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) (2017.03.03) - 702.460
05 - 1-2-Switch (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} – 295.470
06 - ARMS (Nintendo) (2017.06.16) – 272.206
07 - Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. (Capcom) (2017.08.25) - 158.448
08 - Pokken Tournament DX (Pokemon Co.) (2017.09.22) - 150.782
09 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo) (2017.12.01) - 129.426
10 - Super Bomberman R (Konami) (2017.03.03) – 97.123
11 - Fire Emblem Warriors (Koei Tecmo) (2017.09.28) – 53.531
12 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco Games) (2017.09.07) – 44.239
13 - Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch (Square Enix) (2017.03.03) – 41.419
14 - Seiken Densetsu Collection (Square Enix) (2017.06.01) – 37.728
15 - Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Capcom) (2017.05.26) – 21.139
16 - Dragon Quest X: 5000-nen no Harukanaru Kokyou e Online (Square Enix) (2017.11.16) - 18.444
17 - Puyo Puyo Tetris S (Sega) (2017.03.03) – 17.323
18 - FIFA 18 (Electronic Arts) (2017.09.29) – 17.276
19 - Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous) (2017.07.20) – 10.247
20 - Dragon Quest X: All in One Package (Square Enix) (2017.09.21) – 9.482
21 - Sumikko Gurashi: Sumikko Park e Youkoso (Nippon Columbia) (2017.12.07) - 9.435
22 - Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker (Square Enix) (2017.04.20) – 7.447
23 - Resident Evil: Revelations Collection (Capcom) (2017.11.30) - 6.540
24 - Lost Sphear (Square Enix) (2017.10.12) – 5.770
25 - Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi (Koei Tecmo) (2017.11.30) - 5.636
26 - LEGO City Undercover (Warner Entertainment Japan) (2017.06.29) – 5.351
27 - Sonic Forces (Sega) (2017.11.09) - 4.686
28 - One Piece: Unlimited World Red – Deluxe Edition (Bandai Namco Games) (2017.08.24) – 4.652
29 - Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Koei Tecmo) (2017.08.31) – 4.463
30 - Cars 3: Driven to Win (Warner Entertainment Japan) (2017.07.20) – 3.220
31 - NBA 2K18 (Take-Two Interactive Japan) (2017.10.17) – 2.689
32 - Champion Jockey Special (Koei Tecmo) (2017.09.14) – 2.626

Highlights:
- SMO, over 1m!
- Splatoon 2, over 1,5m!
- MK8D, over 900k
- Zelda BOTW, over 700k
- ARMS, over 250k
- Pokken Tournament DX, over 150k

SWITCH GAMES, Ranking Sales, Japan, 2017 (Dec 04 - Dec 10)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2115946/
You have one of these for PS4?

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Well Switch will have 3 by the end of this year.
Games that will surely sell a million:
Animal Crossing Switch
Smash Bros Switch
Pokémon Switch
Zelda Breath of the Wild(Its already almost at 800k with digital and will leg it out next year)
There is 7 there already that'll likely be million sellers. Add in Mario Maker, New 2d Mario, new monster Hunter, etc. I can see it easily have 10 1 Million+ sellers. That doesn't even add in the possibility of another Mario Kart, Pokémon, Monster Hunter, etc.
While the 3ds has a lot of million sellers, Switch while not having Yokai Watch probably up there will have Zelda and Splatoon.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
ARMS is showing good legs, which is a sign of good word of mouth. The first iteration was very limited and I think the sales are still strong because of constant updates to the base game. A full sequel with more characters and modes will sell a lot better out of the gate. I dont see any reason to.not invest in it. The Mario Kart team can be expanded. Besides, they already have a hugely succefull Mario kart gojng right now which could sell for a long time. I dont see a new Mario Kart coming anytime soon with the sales it is pulling right now.
That's in Japan in terms of total shipments it only moved a few extra hundred k shipments quarter on quarter. Which is decent but hardly the signs of a future megafranchise worldwide unless it starts to dramatically ramp up.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
How does this work? Can the joycons detect that you are walking?
I think you use the analog sticks to walk and gyro to balance yourself.
Since its handheld mode only, I'm guessing they're gonna make you hold the Switch in front of you and use the gyro for camera control in order to recreate vr gameplay.

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a good thing that Nintendo needs Xenoblade as a portfolio filler, because three games in, the series shows no breakout hit potential at all.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
That's in Japan in terms of total shipments it only moved a few extra hundred k shipments quarter on quarter. Which is decent but hardly the signs of a future megafranchise worldwide unless it starts to dramatically ramp up.
That is how succesfull mid tier new IP behave. They sell a few hundred k every quarter. Given the development budget, I think its pretty succesfull so far. A higer budget sequel will do better. I also never meant to say it will become a mega franchise but a mid tier 4 to 5 million seller is possible.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Well they're going to have the same issue with XII but even more expensive because it will be Switch and PS5.

You think the power difference between the PS5 and Switch will be even greater than that between the PS4 and 3DS? I seriously doubt that, 3DS is absurdly weak.

Put aside raw power for a moment, Switch has all of the modern rendering features the PS4 has (and some more modern ones) while the 3DS is far, far behind even the PS3 in that area.

EDIT: Okay my bad, I read that as "expansive" for some reason which had me thinking you were talking about the gap between the two games. Anyway it wouldn't be more expensive because it won't be two completely separate games, rather it will be one game scaled up or down.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put your mind forward to just DQB2, DQH3, and Remake title.
DQXII still has a long long way to come, maybe middle of next gen.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I just worry about Horii retiring lol. I want DQXII sooner rather than later. I don't even have XI yet.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
PS4 overtook the Vita and Switch got it's second million-seller.

Hollow victory for Yokai Watch. It's now gone the Inazuma Eleven route.

Last edited:

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
That is how succesfull mid tier new IP behave. They sell a few hundred k every quarter. Given the development budget, I think its pretty succesfull so far. A higer budget sequel will do better. I also never meant to say it will become a mega franchise but a mid tier 4 to 5 million seller is possible.
That's what i'm saying but that's not megafranchise sales. MK sells 10-30 million selling franchise on a good day. That's the team which made ARMS. They could make another MK or have another crack at a new IP.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought DQ11 would be Horii's last game and that's why he wanted to make it a PS4 title, so he can go out with a bang.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
It would be so cool if we got an HD 3D remake of a classic DQ, say IV or V, or a new sprite version. But I'm thinking if/when Switch gets DQI through VIII it'll be mobile ports.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
DQVIII(2004)
DQIX(2009)
DQX(2012)
DQXI(2017)

Keeping in mind that DQXI Switch will be firmly into 2018 at the earliest there's no way DQXII comes before 2021.

My point was just that Switch will be a successful system, with or without big 3rd party games, let alone exclusives. I came to terms with not getting the biggest 3rd party games on a Nintendo console long time ago, brooding over this isn't going to change things for the better. Big surprises are definitely more than welcome though, and I maintain my optimism when it comes to future 3rd party support. This extends beyond Dragon Quest by the way.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This was never going to happen though...i love the Etrian Odyssey series, but im not expect Final Fantasy numbers from it anytime soon.

(I'm going to preface this by saying I never expected XC2 to explode but I'm doing this for argumentation's sake :P). I think you could argue that since the original released relatively late in the Wii's life and XCX was one the Wii U, that the series never had the chance to "explode" despite the first one being really really well received, and that XC2 would be the one to do it. The situation isn't really comparable to EO which never really was ampered by the console it released on.

I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised by the US results then. I've seen a pretty massive amount of attention for this game this month. Should be 500k+ there

500k+ in December or do you mean lifetime? Because if it's december that honestly feels way too optimistic to me, but I'll be glad to be wrong :P

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4's YOY battle is going to be close. It needs like 130k in 2 weeks. Either way its a good hold from last year's high and well ahead of PS3. 2018 will be an interesting year with MHW and KH3 at the forefront.

I hope there are DQ remakes on Switch! SE has got to get the whole series on there again, over time (including with a hypothetical backwards compatible successor).

I also hope DQXII is 2020 Switch/PS4 not 2022 but...

DQ12 will most likely be in 2021 or 2022.

Quite a few RPGs like Bravely Default, Fire Emblem etc have launched in the 150-200k range. 500k is way beyond that. XCX launch was good by JRPG standards but it didn't do anything beyond. 500k+ is next level.

Bare in mind that XCX 200k debut was in a holiday month. 200k outside would be good for a JRPG.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
PS4's YOY battle is going to be close. It needs like 130k in 2 weeks. Either way its a good hold from last year's high and well ahead of PS3. 2018 will be an interesting year with MHW and KH3 at the forefront.
Will it be that interesting if there's nothing more than MHW and KH3?
Bare in mind that XCX 200k debut was in a holiday month. 200k outside would be good for a JRPG.
200k is good for a JRPG nowadays, with or without being in a holiday month.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

...just those 2 expecting to make a mark and make things interesting?

That doesn't sound good to me...

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

There's also the One Piece game and the Fist of The North Star Yakuza game (I expect both to be pretty big). I think 2018 will be a pretty good year for the PS4. Steady sales will be propped by the high amount of smaller games releasing on it too.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's also the One Piece game and the Fist of The North Star Yakuza game (I expect both to be pretty big). I think 2018 will be a pretty good year for the PS4. Steady sales will be propped by the high amount of smaller games releasing on it too.

Yeah I'm not too big into either of those so I've got no idea how they are expected to perform. There's enough there to carry excitement for the year for sure in Japan but I don't see it being interesting for too long. Lots of gaps between the noticeable releases I'm expecting.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
That's what i'm saying but that's not megafranchise sales. MK sells 10-30 million selling franchise on a good day. That's the team which made ARMS. They could make another MK or have another crack at a new IP.
Or, you know, they can make MK, ARMS and a new IP if there is the opportunity. Growing a new IP requires persistence and investment but is ultamitely worth it because it adds variaty to your existing line up and grows the market. Dropping a already succesfull new IP for another new IP is not really how I see Nintendo operate. Different teams will create new IP for sure, but Nintendo is pretty good at nurturing and growing IPs.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will it be that interesting if there's nothing more than MHW and KH3?

200k is good for a JRPG nowadays, with or without being in a holiday month.

JANUARY 11
[PS4] Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
[PS4] Fate/Extella (Best Collection)
[PS4] Happy Manager
[PS4] NEW Danganronpa V3: Minna no Koroshiai Shingakki (SpikeChunsoft the Best)

[PS4] Shiawase Zhuang no Kanrinin San

JANUARY 18
[PS4] ATV Drift & Tricks
[PS4] Gintama Ranbu
[PS4] Valkyria ChroniclesRemaster (Value Price)
[PS4] Shiin
[PS4] Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

JANUARY 19
[PS4] Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

JANUARY 25
[PS4] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Britannia no Tabibito
[PS4] Ninki Seiyuu no Tsukurikata
[PS4] Rei-Jin-G-Lu-P

JANUARY 26
[PS4] Monster Hunter: World

FEBRUARY 1
[PS4] Dragon Ball FighterZ
[PS4] LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: The Game 2

FEBURARY 2
[PS4] EA Sports UFC 3

FEBRUARY 8
[PS4] Dragon's Crown Pro
[PS4] Dynasty Warriors 8
[PS4] Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
[PS4] Shadow of The Collossus

FEBRUARY 15
[PS4] Seiken Densetsu 2: Secret of Mana
[PS4] Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On

FEBURARY 21
[PS4] Metal Gear Survive

FEBRUARY 22
[PS4] Azayaka na Irodori no Naka de, Kimi Rashiku
[PS4] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match
[PS4] Fist of the North Star
[PS4] Kimi no Hitomi ni Hit Me
[PS4] Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

MARCH 1
[PS4] Darkest Dungeon
[PS4] Death end re;Quest
[PS4] Far Cry 5

MARCH 8
[PS4] Anata no Shikihime Kyouikutan

MARCH 15
[PS4] Gal*Gun 2
[PS4] Attack on Titan 2
[PS4] Steins;Gate Elite
[PS4] The Silver 2425
[PS4] Winning Post 8 2018

MARCH 16
[PS4] The Crew 2

MARCH 21
[PS4]
Valkyria Chronicles 4

MARCH 22
[PS4] D.S. -Dal Segno-

MARCH 29
[PS4] Shining Resonance Re:frain

APRIL 26
[PS4] Doukoku Soshite... Remastered
[PS4] Utawarerumono Trilogy Box
[PS4] Utawarerumono: Chiriyukusha e no Komoriuta Remastered

MAY 17
[PS4] Caligula: Overdose

TBA 2018
[PS4]
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
[PS4] A Certain Magical Index x Virtual On
[PS4] Ace Combat 7
[PS4] Armoured Core PS4
[PS4] Anonymous; Code
[PS4] Black Clover
[PS4] Black Desert Online
[PS4] BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
[PS4] Code Vein
[PS4] Catherine
[PS4] Days Gone
[PS4] Detroit
[PS4] Devil May Cry V
[PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories
[PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2
[PS4] Dreams
[PS4] Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain
[PS4] Fighting EX Layer
[PS4] Full Metal Panic! Fight: Who Dares Wins
[PS4] God of War
[PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts III
[PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV
[PS4] Left Alive
[PS4] Lost Soul Aside
[PS4] My Hero Academia
[PS4] Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2
[PS4] Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Strikers
[PS4] One Piece: World Seeker
[PS4] Persona 5 Dancing Star Night
[PS4] Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night
[PS4] Read Dead Redemption 2
[PS4] Spiderman
[PS4] Soul Calibur VI
[PS4] Sword Art Online: Replication Project
[PS4] Tales of PS4
[PS4] Yakuza Project
[PS4] Zone of Enders: M∀RS
[PS4] 428: Shibuya Scramble

Stacked release schedule, so many that I probably missed some. I think its looking to best year in terms of Japanese support for the PS4. You have two big hitters: MHW and KH3. Then you have some other notable entries from Yakuza, Tales, Persona, MGS, DMC and Dynasty Warriors. PS4 is also getting a ridiculous amount of anime games next year for some reason. Most curious in how Red Dead 2 will perform.

I don't see many other big games being announced for PS4 to release in 2018. Perhaps a FROM software game.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah I'm not too big into either of those so I've got no idea how they are expected to perform. There's enough there to carry excitement for the year for sure in Japan but I don't see it being interesting for too long. Lots of gaps between the noticeable releases I'm expecting.

Well it's been a while since a One Piece game truly sold well (because most of the recent release were pretty bad) but if the game is as ambitious as Namco says, it'll do mighty fine I think. One Piece is really massive.

As for Fist of The North Star I'm just basing this one both it and Yakuza being really popular franchises so the potential is there.

As long as the gaps are filled by smaller but still decently releases (which always happens with Sony platforms), the PS4 won't drop too much between the big ones.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

JRPGs generally aren't big performance gainers in the holiday. I don't think this is a genre where it being the holidays particularly benefits them compared to something more universal like sports, shooters, mascot games etc. They blow their load first month and rarely have good legs.

200k is a good performance for pretty much any JRPG any month unless it's FF, Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts. Jury still out on if Persona will remain in this realm when 6 launches.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
Question to the Japanese Era users: I just came up with this funny tinfoil hat theory concerning the 85K Xboxes in Japan. Is it possible that no regular Japanese resident has bought a Xbox?
I mean those 85K could've easily been bought by gaming journalists, exchange students, foreign people who do business/work in Japan, modern art people who use them not for gaming, and so on

You aren't far off, but you are missing the biggest chunk of buyers. Most XB sales probably go to US soldiers stationed in the area.

Can you make a PS4 v Switch chart when Switch passes WiiU?

Can we please not do this? This comparison isn't meaningful or interesting, but it will encourage the kind of talk that devolves into console wars.

When Switch gets close, sales-Era will not fail to notice.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Or, you know, they can make MK, ARMS and a new IP if there is the opportunity. Growing a new IP requires persistence and investment but is ultamitely worth it because it adds variaty to your existing line up and grows the market. Dropping a already succesfull new IP for another new IP is not really how I see Nintendo operate. Different teams will create new IP for sure, but Nintendo is pretty good at nurturing and growing IPs.
True but there's also levels of marketing and importance. Which you can see right now we don't need to think of any hypothetical new ARMS games look at the amount of Marketing ARMS recieves right now as a new IP in it's first Christmas. Nintendo is not going to switch gears on it. They'll obviously give it another chance but the chance they'll got out of their way to ensure ARMS becomes a massive IP beyond what they're already doings is low. There's a reasonable chance we won't see another ARMS game until next gen.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
PS4 vs Switch would the least interesting chart ever because the PS4's first year was just awful. Switch is already way ahead launch aligned.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't mind Hori retiring and having a DQ game that feels more fresh tbh.

Isn't most of the appeal of DQ in Japan that it's core formula essentially hasn't changed in over 30 years?

It would be so cool if we got an HD 3D remake of a classic DQ, say IV or V, or a new sprite version. But I'm thinking if/when Switch gets DQI through VIII it'll be mobile ports.

Yeah I've been dreaming of a DQIII HD remake in the graphical style of DQXI. Or better yet the whole DQI-III trilogy.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Can we please not do this? This comparison isn't meaningful or interesting, but it will encourage the kind of talk that devolves into console wars.

Given the daily discussion in this thread, how is that comparison not meaningful?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
You aren't far off, but you are missing the biggest chunk of buyers. Most XB sales probably go to US soldiers stationed in the area.

You take console wars too seriously. Having the chart is better than not having it. We already know the Switch will be the best selling hardware, the data points are still fun and useful to have.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
JRPGs generally aren't big performance gainers in the holiday. I don't think this is a genre where it being the holidays particularly benefits them compared to something more universal like sports, shooters, mascot games etc.

200k is a good performance for pretty much any JRPG any month unless it's FF, Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts. Jury still out on if Persona will remain in this realm when 6 launches.

Holiday months benefit all software as there is an increase in consumer spend in general and sale cuts. So no I wouldn't say 200k in a holiday month is necessarily good. Not sure if you are mistaking but Persona 5 launched at around 450k.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Calling from the discussion of the previous thread where people were counting the number of million sellers. SW is looking to be down a big way from 3DS in said regard right now. Besides game output going down across the board due to higher specs, 10+ of 3DS's 20 or so million sellers were from YW and MH. YW has collapsed and MH is no longer on SW. DQ has also gone multi platform with the main one missing the SW on release.

I'm in agreement with this line of thinking. Overall physical software shipped/sold will be down from the 3DS to Switch. It is difficult to make up the lost sales of highly iterative/yearly franchises that the 3DS benefited from like Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, and Dragon Quest. Those franchises will all surely appear in a big way on Switch, but either the brand has lost value like Yokai Watch or the numbers will be diluted from multi-platform releases like Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter.

Overall revenue from software may be similar though, as I think a lot of focus from developers and consumers will move towards digital for the Switch. It just won't be directly trackable unless there is a change from Nintendo or Enterbrain for more collaboration to collect data.

Nintendo themselves may have a comparable number to the 3DS. We already have a number of titles that are outperforming previous entries, and they just need to keep that up while increasing the volume of titles like they have been.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
Given the daily discussion in this thread, how is that comparison not meaningful?

Switch outselling PS4 doesn't have any significance to the health or performance of the Japanese gaming market, I think.

The situations, products, and market segments are different. Switch vs. Wii U illustrates Nintendo's recovery. PS4 vs PS3 shows that Sony are holding steady or improving. No such conclusions come from Switch vs. PS4 other than, "Hyuck, Switch is kicking Sony's ass. Mwahaha!"

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Holiday months benefit all software as there is an increase in consumer spend in general and sale cuts. So no I wouldn't say 200k in a holiday month is necessarily good. Not sure if you are mistaking but Persona 5 launched at around 450k.

There is also more competition in the holidays and as I said, JRPGs sell the vast bulk of their sales in month 1. If holidays were a huge boon for this genre you would see a large portion of them launch then, especially in the West but you don't. So naw, I disagree with you. There are a handful of JRPGs that launch at 200k in the West and 300k+ is like 5 franchises. You can downplay it all you want but a JRPG launching at 200k in December is a good result.

In regards to Persona since this discussion is about franchises and not individual games the only Persona game to launch >300k is 5. I was saying jury is out on whether 6 will stay consistent or this is just a one time thing for the franchise.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
(..)
Stacked release schedule, so many that I probably missed some. I think its looking to best year in terms of Japanese support for the PS4. You have two big hitters: MHW and KH3. Then you have some other notable entries from Yakuza, Tales, Persona, MGS, DMC and Dynasty Warriors. PS4 is also getting a ridiculous amount of anime games next year for some reason. Most curious in how Red Dead 2 will perform.

I don't see many other big games being announced for PS4 to release in 2018. Perhaps a FROM software game.

You know perfectly well that the question was about the big hitters (which would have an impact on HW), since you implied that in your first post. Posting a full release schedule makes no sense or we might as well talk about the number of indie games releasing each month on each platform, which would be interesting but nonetheless irrelevant.
As you said, we also can't really predict any game that hasn't been announced yet.
So we have MHW, KH3 and maybe RDR2? Because all the others won't have any noticeable impact.

But P5 isn't like most JRPGs. Again, 200k, be it during the holidays or not, is still good for the genre nowadays in this market.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
No such conclusions come from Switch vs. PS4 other than, "Hyuck, Switch is kicking Sony's ass. Mwahaha!"

If you think like a console warrior then maybe, if you want to discuss the sales numbers of the Japanese videogame market then I think it's an interesting comparison to see how quickly each console reached the different milestones.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Switch outselling PS4 doesn't have any significance to the health or performance of the Japanese gaming market, I think.

The situations, products, and market segments are different. Switch vs. Wii U illustrates Nintendo's recovery. PS4 vs PS3 shows that Sony are holding steady or improving. No such conclusions come from Switch vs. PS4 other than, "Hyuck, Switch is kicking Sony's ass. Mwahaha!"

So Honda sales shouldn't be referenced when discussing Toyota's performance? Same with Samsung vs iPhones. They're competing products, vying for the same third party support and gaming audience. WTF are you talking about?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

We don't need a chart to know the PS4 is not competition to the Switch in terms of hardware. That's not why peoppe want it.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Most interesting thing next quarter, apart from Monster Hunter World sales, is how deep Switch will eat into PS4 hardware and software sales with the increased supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.